The Late Kick w/ Josh Pate (Miami Mood Tracker Edition)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't know what he said but he is usually on point when it comes to the canes.
He tried arguing that Florida state being a powerhouse again is good for Miami and will force us to be better. He equated it to Alabama being good causing auburn to be good again.

Which for me is laughable. Auburn got good again because they hit a home run landing cam Newton.

Florida state was good 10 years ago and they had no bearing on what Miami did.

This guys a moron just like all the guys at 247.

Florida state won a natty 10 years ago and it did nothing to improve our situation/funding for the program.
You also had an incompetent and uninterested administration then. Pretty sure the investment into the program over the last couple of years has shown we are serious now.

Advertisement
He tried arguing that Florida state being a powerhouse again is good for Miami and will force us to be better. He equated it to Alabama being good causing auburn to be good again.

Which for me is laughable. Auburn got good again because they hit a home run landing cam Newton.

Florida state was good 10 years ago and they had no bearing on what Miami did.
Yea if he said that I would have to disagree with him

You also had an incompetent and uninterested administration then. Pretty sure the investment into the program over the last couple of years has shown we are serious now.

If Memphis Mike elevates FSU to a playoff team after being a disaster, and Super Mario fails again in year 2, it sure as **** better motivate someone

Advertisement
Advertisement
I actual think he made some valid points. No one connected to the Canes are happy the Noles are getting so much positive press. If it helps motivate the players, coaches and Admin to work harder then it’s a good thing. Just another form of competition- something Mario embraces.

No disagreement, but FSU rising SHOULD put more pressure on everyone. If it doesn’t, that’s concerning. I’m not sure how that’s an unreasonable take.

I just listened and he actually qualified the statement with "if additional heat is needed...." I don't disagree that a rising FSU puts additional heat on UM. Or that if we actually need additional motivation at the admin/booster level, FSU beating the **** out of us will do it.

But I also think UM has the most buy-in into the program we've seen in at least 20+ years. The money and expectations that come with it should create far more heat.

I actual think he made some valid points. No one connected to the Canes are happy the Noles are getting so much positive press. If it helps motivate the players, coaches and Admin to work harder then it’s a good thing. Just another form of competition- something Mario embraces.

If the players and coaches need to see FSU doing well to put the work in day-in, day-out that is required of a truly great team, then we are already ****ed.

On the admin/booster level, I agree. But, again, we're already at a different level than we have been in that regard.

Advertisement
Back