The last Joe Jackson sack was a fumble not a incompletion

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
I see some of our loser fans bring up that that Matthews pass was not a forward pass and that we got lucky. The refs blew a bunch of calls that went against us.

Advertisement
That was a bad call. Worse than the forward pass one. That one was 50/50. But that was a clear fumble.
Bull, that was a clear fumble, he was clearly hit before any movement forward! Another blown call against the the D in the Nation. Didn’t matter cause we band together and dominate! Let’s go Canes!!!!🙌🏿🌪🙌🏿🌪🙌🏿🙌🏿

Bull, that was a clear fumble, he was clearly hit before any movement forward! Another blown call against the the D in the Nation. Didn’t matter cause we band together and dominate! Let’s go Canes!!!!🙌🏿🌪🙌🏿🌪🙌🏿🙌🏿

He said the exact same thing

So you are agreeing with him. It absolutely was a fumble

Advertisement
In real time, it looked like a forward pass but the replay was hard to judge so it was right play stands as called. On the fumble, in real time, I saw he did move his arm forward a little but he still had control of ball when it came out because of the hit. I could see a basis for the reversal although I didn't agree with it. Overall though, it was a poorly officiated ACC game but what else is new.

Advertisement
How about the horse collar flag picked up?

How about their bench coming on field and surrounding JT but not getting 15 too?

Facemask, horse collar, taunting, unsportsmanlike calls....none in our favor

Where is the line between incomplete pass, fumble, and intentional grounding in that situation? I feel like I've seen that sort of play called all three ways in the past.

Where is the line between incomplete pass, fumble, and intentional grounding in that situation? I feel like I've seen that sort of play called all three ways in the past.

Exactly if it was a forward pass then why wasn’t it intentional grounding? No receiver in the area. But JJ hit his arm which made it go forward and he fumbled the ball

Advertisement
Ball was knocked loose from the hand a bit before Francois' arm came forward. Pretty clear fumble imo. Ridiculous that it was overturned.

.....not to mention all the missed holding calls, again, a ton of which occurred right in front of the freakin ref. ****'s driving me insane

Advertisement
Francois was ****ing his arm back to throw and Jackson hit him in the arm. Jackson was trying to knock the ball out and forced his arm forward knocking the ball out.

For a call to go in our favor there has to be no doubt.like homers incomplete pass his hands were under the ball and he did have control.in fact kicker should got tossed for the fragrant facemask on Thomas.

Watch the reaction of Francois. Now normally in that in that situation the QB is waving his arm forward to the refs to influence the call. Francois knew there was no case to be made. He simply lit into is LT for giving up the sack. Clear as day a fumble.

I believe the fumble was overturned as an incomplete pass because Frenchy did not lose control off the football when Jackson hit him, but as Jackson took him to the ground. For some reason this means he was throwing the ball forward. I’ve never heard this interpretation of the rule.

The horsecollar was not called because Homer went sideways to the ground, and was not jerked backwards. Another rule nuance I have never heard.

At least the refs may have screwed FSU on the lateral. And they waved off the targeting call on Jaquan. That was huge. FSU might have driven for points and the win, and the Canes would have lost Jaquan for the game and part of next week’s game.

Advertisement
Back