The Kiss of Death from Lane

few elements involved with teddy b, Shannon got canned, team looked like ****

No. Golden was white!

trueeeeeee, teddy could have went anywhere in the country but chose Louisville? because what academics? football program? city? no all horrible but he chose the next best thing.... or black thing

Lets quit with this BS... Besides Shannon, UL was the only school that believed in the kid as a true qb... Our fans didn't want Teddy... Lets not play the race card... There were more racially motivated comments pertaining to Teddy by our fanbase than anything he showed... LSU was interested but they felt the kid they had last year wa better... UL was the only school who said come in as our qb and only our qb... At the time they had the hometown elite 11 kid and still offered Teddy... I'll go where I feel loved... Can't blame the kid...

This is COMPLETELY false. Shannon took TB commitment then shut down recruiting the position. Shannon had PLENTY of instances where we were depth deficient at multiple positions. When Golden came in we had 1 true CB for ***** sake. Golden came in and honored TB's offer but told him he is bringing in other QB's. TB wasn't havin' that. Kid didn't want other QB's coming in, plain and simple. His boy Eli had his offer pulled by Shannon months earlier so it made sense that he'd have interest in Louisville. I can't stand when people make excuses for these kids like this. Golden from day one has preached competition. Shannon let a sense of entitlement perforate the entire ******* program.

Advertisement

No. Golden was white!

trueeeeeee, teddy could have went anywhere in the country but chose Louisville? because what academics? football program? city? no all horrible but he chose the next best thing.... or black thing

Yea meanwhile he won a BCS bowl game as a Soph and is top 3 in preseason heisman polls and projected 1st round pick be salty if you want but the kid turned out just fine...

No. Golden was white!

Yea meanwhile he won a BCS bowl game as a Soph and is top 3 in preseason heisman polls and projected 1st round pick be salty if you want but the kid turned out just fine...

Call me crazy but for this offense, for the 1 year they both will be in college still, I'd take Morris. I'm not as salty as most about the situation because Morris developed so well. Lets hope Olsen is the truth though because there wasn't a QB on the spring game roster other than Morris I ever want to see taking snaps

No. Golden was white!

Lets quit with this BS... Besides Shannon, UL was the only school that believed in the kid as a true qb... Our fans didn't want Teddy... Lets not play the race card... There were more racially motivated comments pertaining to Teddy by our fanbase than anything he showed... LSU was interested but they felt the kid they had last year wa better... UL was the only school who said come in as our qb and only our qb... At the time they had the hometown elite 11 kid and still offered Teddy... I'll go where I feel loved... Can't blame the kid...

This is COMPLETELY false. Shannon took TB commitment then shut down recruiting the position. Shannon had PLENTY of instances where we were depth deficient at multiple positions. When Golden came in we had 1 true CB for ****s sake. Golden came in and honored TB's offer but told him he is bringing in other QB's. TB wasn't havin' that. Kid didn't want other QB's coming in, plain and simple. His boy Eli had his offer pulled by Shannon months earlier so it made sense that he'd have interest in Louisville. I can't stand when people make excuses for these kids like this. Golden from day one has preached competition. Shannon let a sense of entitlement perforate the entire ****ing program.

See this is what I don't understand... Why bring in more qbs if you feel that they can't contribute? Golden was chasing after the STA qb, Brisset and a few more qbs who arent doing anything.... You just stated we had holes why use up on scholly if you feel they can't contribute? You give out scholly's to people who will actually contribute... You don't give out a scholly for someone to be a back up... Teddy wasn't scared of competition as I stated before he committed to UL when they had an elite 11 qb... I recall that recruiting season, we evaluated qbs early... We evaluated Miller at OSU, the Fraiser kid at Auburn, a qb that committed to UNC, and a few others... Teddy was the best of the bunch thats why our qb recruitment shut down...

Quit with that entitlement issue... We only use that as a debate when its convenient to for our debate... When Golden came the majority of his starters were starting for Shannon with the exception of one or two players... I hate when our fans bring up entitlement as the failure for the previous regime they just couldn't coach... If you want to be honest, we have had more cases of entitlement issues with Golden players than the previous staff... How many players have quit, transferred, suspended or been kicked the past two seasons from the last two recruiting classes? That being said, believe me bringing in other qbs wasn't an issue with Teddy... I'm not making excuses for his de-commitment, I'm just being rational... The kid wasn't even respected as a qb... He was rated the nations top dual threat qb when he barely ran the ball his junior and senior seasons... He was a pure pocket passer from the get go... Meanwhile Driskell was the number 1 pro-style qb when all he did was run... UL was the only school besides UM prior to Shannon's firing to want the kid as a qb... LSU was still talking about him possibly moving WR or safety... Eli played a factor but it didn't have anything to do with race...

Clint hurtt definitely had a shady hand in recruiting teddy but still

All I know is Teddy can kick rocks now that he's not a cane

Advertisement
This signing day bull**** is getting old. Needs to around October -Nov. I think it is funny because if the kid only had 5-10 offers he wouldnt be such an entitled diva. Kid is gonna drag it the **** it. Who showin me the most love type. BAMA is gonna swoop in with some duffle bags ands that's a wrap for him.

I'm not sure if I posted it on this board, but -- first it starts with the kids parents. Not specifically Lane, but there are many parents who have their hand out and shops there kids. Next is the a lot of the coaches(middle men) down here. Many lookin for the upgrade like fat Gatewood and many others. Not to mention most these coaches tell players to hold out and "rack up offers" to help teammates get noticed. These 7on7 traveling team(SFE, Badger) are the exact same. Notice most there trips are to SEC schools. 7on7 does not get these kids "exsposure". These crook coaches are looking for money. And finally, the kids themselves-- most want to put on a show and brag to world. The all could use some Humble pie. Seeing Duke Johnson's recruitment was a thing of beauty. Top5 player in the county, mr. Florida, Allstate, Optimus legend--- kid could brag all day everyday, but he was a mature young man about it. No games no nothing. If duke never commited to miami, ppl would be upset, but he went about the recrutiment the right way.Parents and kids should take notes and quit acting like little ****es.

Early signing day would do wonders around here

One thing bothers me. You have coaches at public schools who are public employees. They are seeking to derive some kind of outside benefit from their public employment. That seems to raise ethical issues. It would for almost any public employee, state or federal, in the country.

You might say, who cares, who's going to do anything? Don't the county and state school systems have internal watchdogs, like inspectors general, or Florida department of law enforcement, who can do really effective investigations of whether these paid public employees are taking money under the table, or in some other way using their public position to obtain an outside benefit?

Most of you will probably think it is silly, but I don't.

If some coach is getting something for stearing his players, maybe money, maybe getting a promise of something of value in the future, or a job offer, that is probably illegal.

Just like Vincent Jackson, don't let this kid troll you til NSD. He's gonna milk every ounce out of recruiting and its his every right to enjoy it. Ya'll dont get hung up on his words or you'll be nervous wrecks come NSD.

Also, Al just needs to win 10 games and we will be in business for a lot of these recruits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back