The King and Ragone Show (guest-Former Cane Ahmmon Richards)

Advertisement
AR said he was gone to Alabama until Richt who had been recruiting him at UGA took over.

Ragone said Canes felt good about the UNC game until Manny Diaz told them it would be the last game of the season being that Gtech would be cancelling their game with UM due to COVID. Once that piece of info came out, UM players checked out as they had been cooped up and were all talking about where they would be traveling to once the game was over.
We proceeded to give 600 rushing yards.

AR said he was gone to Alabama until Richt who had been recruiting him at UGA took over.

Ragone said Canes felt good about the UNC game until Manny Diaz told them it would be the last game of the season being that Gtech would be cancelling their game with UM due to COVID. Once that piece of info came out, UM players checked out as they had been cooped up and were all talking about where they would be traveling to once the game was over.
That’s a BS excuse by Ragone.

Yeah that’s a load of crap

Advertisement

Manny must of told him to put this out there

Advertisement
Did anyone actually listen to what Ragone said?

He's not making an excuse or a justification. He is describing the team's reaction to the sudden end of the weirdest season ever. A season that was "cancelled" and then reinstated, with multiple game cancellations. And a season-long quarantine.

As for the ACC Championship Game being the next week...how would we have been eligible? Last time I checked, both Notre Dame and Clemson had finished their seasons a week earlier. Notre Dame was undefeated and Clemson only lost to ND, while beating us head-to-head. Thus, you-know, "tiebreaker".

Nobody is excusing or justifying what happened. But if you want to UNDERSTAND why our team played so poorly, then I am certainly interested in BOTH Ragone and King explaining how the entire team reacted to the news, since the team had been (effectively) in quarantine for months, and seemed to be relieved for the semester and season to be over.

Doesn't make it right. But beating UNC would not have put us in the ACC-CG, and while I think that, say, a Mario-coached team would have responded differently, I can certainly UNDERSTAND (not "accept" or "tolerate") what happened in that game.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Garbage excuse to emotionally cope with getting an aşş beating.

Advertisement
Did anyone actually listen to what Ragone said?

He's not making an excuse or a justification. He is describing the team's reaction to the sudden end of the weirdest season ever. A season that was "cancelled" and then reinstated, with multiple game cancellations. And a season-long quarantine.

As for the ACC Championship Game being the next week...how would we have been eligible? Last time I checked, both Notre Dame and Clemson had finished their seasons a week earlier. Notre Dame was undefeated and Clemson only lost to ND, while beating us head-to-head. Thus, you-know, "tiebreaker".

Nobody is excusing or justifying what happened. But if you want to UNDERSTAND why our team played so poorly, then I am certainly interested in BOTH Ragone and King explaining how the entire team reacted to the news, since the team had been (effectively) in quarantine for months, and seemed to be relieved for the semester and season to be over.

Doesn't make it right. But beating UNC would not have put us in the ACC-CG, and while I think that, say, a Mario-coached team would have responded differently, I can certainly UNDERSTAND (not "accept" or "tolerate") what happened in that game.
Yeah, lot of people mistaking a guy reporting what happened with a guy excusing what happened. To me this is useful info. We need to understand what the problems are if we’re going to fix them.

Advertisement
Back