The Jaelen Phillips DQ was fraudulent...

Advertisement
Phillips plays with passion. He does not need to be back. But has anyone confirmed that he actually knew he is the one that got the penalty on the INT? In all the chaos he might not have known. That’s ok the coaches to inform him. Then maybe he doesn’t make the bonehead move of kicking the helmet. Now if he did know he got that first penalty, that leaves me a bit concerned. Got to play smart if you want to be a first rounder.

Advertisement
This is a 30 year long issue for us and it will never change, even if we leave the ACC for another conference.

He's doesn't have to sit the first half against Clemson. To me that's all that matters.
Thanks for the good news about not sitting the first half. Getting Phillips out of the FSU game early was good in the sense that it prevented unnecessary injury in a blowout.

A few thoughts.
1. He kicked the **** out of the helmet. It rolled to **** near the numbers.
2. That penalty on the INT was bull****. He ran with his team to the endzone, went out of the field of play THEN spiked it as he was on our sideline. Way after and way out of the field of play. If that's the standard every chain and ring celebration is excessive and should be flagged
3. I want SEC refs. In the Auburn game the guy caught a TD and immediately *****ed the DB with no flag.
4. Hall should be able to play. He aimed at the waist of a guy that jumped immediately into a duck. he stays tall and Gurvan breaks his hip.

Advertisement
for those wanting to see stuff that the general broadcast misses- i just watched a bit of the sky cam replay on the espn app..you could see a ton of missed things..

The rough one is gurvan being out first half against Clemson
I agree as we need everyone to be ready and healthy for Clemson
BUT in all honesty Hall hasn’t been very involved thru 3 games. Maybe that’s a function of the defense but its been Bolden who has been making the plays in the secondary. And after Bolden it’s been Blades.

Advertisement
Interesting.

Can u share/describe a few examples? Dirty play?
haven't watched much,. but happened to see the phillips INT and the camera just stayed on him the whole time, so you could see the full celebration.. haven't gotten to the part with the kicked helmet yet, but i bet you will be able to see that too.

Advertisement
I love the emotion but a ball spike and helmet kick are both third rails...I think the line judge even tried to ignore the ball spike but it was a chippy game, you can’t let those go...I imagine if they had the refs would have their own pile to deal with later this week
He did not kick the helmet, Jennings did.

They had to do something to try to save them boys. Just like when they fraudulently ejected Jamal Carter for peeling one of their receivers in 2016.

Didn’t work this time *******!

Another view of the play with audio from the field. You can kind of see Phillips kick the helmet in the top left corner. Y'all know how when a parent is holding an infant and puts them down, and the infant holds on because he doesn't want to be put down? That's how JHH sonned #55 on this play lol. Then his helmet got the double kick. I know we hate unsportsmanlike penalties but this play was funny combined with the trash talking.

(Language, NSFW)

Even though he was DQ, he should have gone to locker room for 2 unsportsmanship penalties. On the other hand #21 for FSU was ejected for targeting. He should have been banished to locker room. He wasn't. He was on sideline rest of game. Refs were Cane Haters.
Sigh

Advertisement
Back