The Jaelen Phillips DQ was fraudulent...

HurricaneAce07

Class of 2007
So JP15's first unsportsmanlike flag was for excessive celebration. He ran down the field and celebrated with his teammates at the edge of the end zone. SUPER ticky tacky if you ask me, but I can see it being called.

HOWEVER, the refs completely whiffed on the second unsportsmanlike penalty on Jaelen. After the tackle Bradley Jennings Jr (#44) kicks Lucas' helmet intentionally and Phillips walks into it without even seeing it and foots it (again, without even seeing it). Refs toss the flag on Phillips and he's done for the night. I could see a flag being thrown on Jennings, but definitely not Phillips there.

Go to 1:21:11 in the replay:

Phillips is obviously upset not because he screwed up, but because he DIDN'T ***** up and should have been able to finish out the game.

Advertisement
Lesson learned. Now act like you’ve been there.

LEAD, not talk. He will be just fine
I actually loved seeing Ed Reed walking and talking to Phillips, they laughed and you could see by the end that all necessary lessons had been learned. And then Phillips greeting teammates in the tunnel coming into halftime. He’s special as a player and leader.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wish there was a full vid of the incident but you clearly see Jennings kick the helmet first.

I love the emotion but a ball spike and helmet kick are both third rails...I think the line judge even tried to ignore the ball spike but it was a chippy game, you can’t let those go...I imagine if they had the refs would have their own pile to deal with later this week

We blew out FSU and our best defensive lineman got the night off. I noticed he was wearing something on his knee- probably from that cheap shot at Louisville. Rest him up. Need him at 100% the rest of the season

Advertisement
Even though he was DQ, he should have gone to locker room for 2 unsportsmanship penalties. On the other hand #21 for FSU was ejected for targeting. He should have been banished to locker room. He wasn't. He was on sideline rest of game. Refs were Cane Haters.

Even though he was DQ, he should have gone to locker room for 2 unsportsmanship penalties. On the other hand #21 for FSU was ejected for targeting. He should have been banished to locker room. He wasn't. He was on sideline rest of game. Refs were Cane Haters.
That’s a rule change. If you get ejected with targeting you can stay on the sideline. New this year.

That’s a rule change. If you get ejected with targeting you can stay on the sideline. New this year.
Edit, left out NOT.......Even though he was DQ, he should NOT have gone to locker room........

Advertisement
My guy they explained that **** for two hours lol

This is a 30 year long issue for us and it will never change, even if we leave the ACC for another conference.

He's doesn't have to sit the first half against Clemson. To me that's all that matters.
Thanks .... I was wondering if he’d have to sit out a half. Glad that’s not the case!!

Advertisement
Back