The irish will be a tough out

Don't know why, but the "flame boosters" comment makes me wanna run through a wall. I love that kid and hope he keeps it going.

Advertisement
We can beat these guys.

They’re having a very good night against a USC team that is poorly led.

ND’s QB has some serious wiggle. I’d play a very similar D we played today. Make him beat you with his arm.

We don't get rolled or blown out. Even during the 4 game slide last year, if we lose its a fight til the end.

F*ck Notre Lame, we'll line up & play'em tough all game & this Defense has handled every challenge thrown at them.

Are we perfect? No, but neither are they & if you think Richt & our boys are gonna tuck tail & curl up because some of our fans are scared then you're sadly mistaken.

We got one of 5 best Defensive lines in the country, we'll put immense pressure on them like we've done all year.

If Ahmmon is healthy, our Passing Attack will be on point & JT4 is just starting to get the flame boosters sparked up on his cleats.

We protect the ball on Offense & force turnovers on Defense we win the game.

VT blew us out last year, bruh. Not to mention the fact that we have given up 183 rushing yards to Duke, 203 to FSU, and 264 rushing yards to CUSE. We will get lumped if we don’t shut down the run against VT and ND. Tighten up the run fits, and get more disciplined. Or, wer’e going to be sad.

ND’s QB has some serious wiggle. I’d play a very similar D we played today. Make him beat you with his arm.

Actually, that's the opposite of the D approach in today's game. The idea was to take away the PASS and make Cuse win on the ground.

Against Notre Lame the focus should be to take away the RUN and, like you said, make them win through the air.

Advertisement
I thought people on here had them as a shoe-in victory? I kept saying all off-season ND can only go up and man have they gone up. Being a resilience team isn't going to beat VT or ND if we continue to play bad run defense and let teams stick around in games. VT or ND will make the plays needed to win.

And we can't have five or six drops by our best WRs.

Actually, that's the opposite of the D approach in today's game. The idea was to take away the PASS and make Cuse win on the ground.

Against Notre Lame the focus should be to take away the RUN and, like you said, make them win through the air.

This form of attacking defense has always had trouble with athletic QBs. This was obvious as far back as the '80's when JJ was the coach. We struggled to contain the athletic QBs at Michigan and Tony Rice at ND. The attacking defense tends not to stay in lanes and control the gaps. It leaves a lot of room for nifty QBs to make plays.

We don't get rolled or blown out. Even during the 4 game slide last year, if we lose its a fight til the end.

F*ck Notre Lame, we'll line up & play'em tough all game & this Defense has handled every challenge thrown at them.

Are we perfect? No, but neither are they & if you think Richt & our boys are gonna tuck tail & curl up because some of our fans are scared then you're sadly mistaken.

We got one of 5 best Defensive lines in the country, we'll put immense pressure on them like we've done all year.

If Ahmmon is healthy, our Passing Attack will be on point & JT4 is just starting to get the flame boosters sparked up on his cleats.

We protect the ball on Offense & force turnovers on Defense we win the game.

VT blew us out last year, bruh. Not to mention the fact that we have given up 183 rushing yards to Duke, 203 to FSU, and 264 rushing yards to CUSE. We will get lumped if we don’t shut down the run against VT and ND. Tighten up the run fits, and get more disciplined. Or, wer’e going to be sad.

They have a seriously physical and dominating OL. That can give our defense problems. Our greatest teams, like the '86 team, would give up tons of yards up the middle to physical running attacks. Remember Ironhead Hayward rushing for over 200 yards right up the middle on us at Pitt. We had some great DLs, including Jerome Brown, on that team.

Advertisement
Irish is a1 dimensional team. Their QB wants to run on every play. He will not make it to half time.

Va Tech and ND are both stout teams for sure, but neither is at the Bama or Clemson level. They're good teams playing well, the types of teams we need to beat to take the next step. These are games that in the past you knew we'd lose before kickoff. Now we're better coached, becoming more talented, and on a winning streak. It's time to start winning these games!

currently giving usc the business

They will be tough, but very beatable...USC is pretty average. Just wait for their final ranking to see what I'm talking about...they are like the Gayturds winning the SEC East Twice in a row...garbage

To me there is nothing more satisfying than beating Notre Dame. This old Cane sat in the OB in the 80's and heard the crap spewed by TV announcers against the Canes... then saw their sorry asses promote the "Catholics vs. Convicts" crap.
M. Diaz must again prepare the defense to play extremely disciplined and smart ball... we do and we will beat the Irish. Can't wait for 11/11.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back