The importance of waiting your turn

RepTheGables

Energy Vampire
A different era, blah blah blah.

If you're talented, you work hard, and you're tough, good things will happen.

11753704_1020978811269627_5408262820051897852_n.jpg

Advertisement
A different era, blah blah blah.

If you're talented, you work hard, and you're tough, good things will happen.

11753704_1020978811269627_5408262820051897852_n.jpg
Yea but it’s a different era my friend..kids are recruited different, kids are expected to perform in the early stages of their careers. Back in 05 it was almost unheard of for a RS fresh let alone true fresh QB to start for a elite program like Miami, bama, Clemson Ohio State among with a few more. Nowadays it’s almost expected. While I get your point and it’s well intentioned and holds value, I don’t think it’s relevant in CFB today. And it doesn’t all fall on the kids, the coaches and programs(multi billion dollars at play) have a lot to do with

It's only a matter of time until HS recruits readjust to reality......and realize that they may in all probability NOT start their 1st two years.

Tua and Trevor Lawrence are outliers ....NOT the norm.

HS Recruits who are below that elite talent level ( 99.0%) quickly learn that in the 1st few weeks of practice when they start facing good competition

Advertisement
i went to high school with number 13's sister or cousin (can't remember now but they had the same last name). the forgotten man in that mix.

Advertisement
Dude, it's not a different era. We haven't won in forever.

Bama has to Greyshirt kids and have tons of depth. We won in '17 & had a great class because of it

Oh Yeah, Of course Bama does, the scenery their must really be better than Miami these days or did they increase their cap-space. Ill say this again, we dont want bandwagon recruits coming here, that doesnt breed a True Hurricane, which is why that 2018 class had a plethora of crybaby's in it, including jw15, and they all got dealt with by coach richt, anybody found to be in the crybaby brigade got dealt with.

This program was built off the real spirit of Miami, not sucka ****. As long as we got deejay dallas here, the other qb's can transfer, we'll run with him. The real deal is this though, jw15 gone have to show something tho, cause the coaches got perry on his heels, the decision came down to who they thought had the highest overall ceiling, and while perry is very talented, the main word and consensus was that jarren was the most natural qb of the bunch. Only one way to tell who should be in their now, and that's on gameday! Ill say this jarren's qb mechanics have improved a whole lot, particularly his ball fakes, and perry's has to, but play-action is going to go back to being a thing of beauty here again, but jarren is going to have to be able to get the ball out their against the better safeties!

Advertisement
Jim's got that look like...
"These guys are pretty good...but I got this"

What’s exactly would Tate and Perry be waiting for?

If Williams starts here three years none of them would have any eligibility left.
It's either bolt before the season or stay til' early graduation and get 1-2 years of PT elsewhere. Depending on what happens this year, there could be open competition for the job next year. A tough position to be in, but I think Tate and N'kosi could benefit from Enos's QB coaching even if they leave a year or two down the road.

i went to high school with number 13's sister or cousin (can't remember now but they had the same last name). the forgotten man in that mix.

Kyle Vanderwende. Mark got benched and Kyle finished out the season and did pretty well. Bernie won the job the week before the Florida. Kyle backed up Bernie in 1983. Vinnie redshirted. Got in the doghouse when he told Trestman and Schnellenberger he might transfer.

Advertisement
From that picture …
- Mark Richt left the team, missed practice and considered transferring.
- Vinnie considered transferring

And Vinnie’s Dad? He was a piece of work. Kosar’s Dad, the same.

But, different era … blah, blah, blah

Jarren Williams considered transferring last year. And he's going to start on 8/24.

Oh Yeah, Of course Bama does, the scenery their must really be better than Miami these days or did they increase their cap-space. Ill say this again, we dont want bandwagon recruits coming here, that doesnt breed a True Hurricane, which is why that 2018 class had a plethora of crybaby's in it, including jw15, and they all got dealt with by coach richt, anybody found to be in the crybaby brigade got dealt with.

This program was built off the real spirit of Miami, not sucka ****. As long as we got deejay dallas here, the other qb's can transfer, we'll run with him. The real deal is this though, jw15 gone have to show something tho, cause the coaches got perry on his heels, the decision came down to who they thought had the highest overall ceiling, and while perry is very talented, the main word and consensus was that jarren was the most natural qb of the bunch. Only one way to tell who should be in their now, and that's on gameday! Ill say this jarren's qb mechanics have improved a whole lot, particularly his ball fakes, and perry's has to, but play-action is going to go back to being a thing of beauty here again, but jarren is going to have to be able to get the ball out their against the better safeties!

I dont want to hear the bs dude. We did illegal things in our day too. Is what it is

Not sure of your point. Some situations are so toxic that a kid should leave, but more to the point … kids shouldn’t lose eligibility for transferring. At all. Ever. 4 or 5 years of eligibility, no matter how they want to break it up. If GWIII can take a year off and not lose eligibility - while practicing - then I don’t have a problem with kids doing that either.

Tom Brady should have left Michigan

I'm not talking about toxic situations. I'm talking about players with 3+ years of eligibility transferring because they'll have to ride pine for (often only) one year.

Advertisement
Back