The importance of Brevin jordan

Advertisement
Advertisement

It’s no secret that the offense plays better when he’s on the field. In that stretch he missed at the end of last year we missed him a lot. He’s not only an excellent pass catching tight end but he can block well too. Look at how he’s handling Jonathan greenard 1 on 1 who abused Miami mostly that game when lined up against our tackles. You can even go back to his freshman year when he perfectly blocked brian Burns vs FSU. This is mainly talking about his blocking but we all know how valuable he is on 3rd Downs and just with his hands

You can argue after king he’s the most important player on offense. He will fit perfectly in lashlee’s offense

Here’s another example of brevin’s excellent blocking

another clip of Jordan’s blocking prowess

He just gets it, do you know how impressive that block is?

what te you know can make moves like that on the regular?

This is true; Will came in and struggled. B Jordan can do it all. He’s gotta stay healthy, though. He has 1st - 2nd round talent b/c he can do it all; but it’s imperative he stays healthy. The TE position has evolved into a money position nowadays, so he’s got a real opportunity to earn some serious coin. He’s a QBs wish list.

The fact that 247 didn’t make him a 5 star should be the nail in the coffin for all credibility. He was doing the same sht in high school.

The only reason he wasn't a 5 star was his height. There's only so many 5 stars and everything is a factor. His height will be a concern for the NFL as well. If he was 6'5 or greater with 15 more pounds, he's a five star back then. His height will likely cost him some draft spots when he gets drafted. All he's gotta do is keep proving he can do it.

Advertisement
The only reason he wasn't a 5 star was his height. There's only so many 5 stars and everything is a factor. His height will be a concern for the NFL as well. If he was 6'5 or greater with 15 more pounds, he's a five star back then. His height will likely cost him some draft spots when he gets drafted. All he's gotta do is keep proving he can do it.
Literally the reason given was his height. They hid behind an NFL projection.

So when he goes first round the shaming begins.

One of the biggest mistakes we made in the run game was trying to run outside of Brevin.

He was much better with the lockout block than sealing the edge. We could have got a lot more yards cutting underneath his block instead of trying to turn the corner.

He is a year stronger now though. I expect him to become a more dominant all around blocker this year.

More than anything I want the ball in his hands. He takes short passes for big rac yards and we did not utilize that enough.

Come on, Lashlee. Let’s get Brevin 80 catches in 2020. We will win a lot of games if that happens.

This is true; Will came in and struggled. B Jordan can do it all. He’s gotta stay healthy, though. He has 1st - 2nd round talent b/c he can do it all; but it’s imperative he stays healthy. The TE position has evolved into a money position nowadays, so he’s got a real opportunity to earn some serious coin. He’s a QBs wish list.
I think Will showed some upside last year for sure it’s just imo we were missing Jordan a lot with all he can do in terms of his game changing ability in the passing game and especially in the running game

Advertisement
I think Will showed some upside last year for sure it’s just imo we were missing Jordan a lot with all he can do in terms of his game changing ability in the passing game and especially in the running game
He's got to improve his blocking for sure. I saw so many times last year where he whiffed and costed us on a running play.

Brevin is amazing. I HOPE we have him at full health all season so he can really shine.

Advertisement
One of the biggest mistakes we made in the run game was trying to run outside of Brevin.

He was much better with the lockout block than sealing the edge. We could have got a lot more yards cutting underneath his block instead of trying to turn the corner.

He is a year stronger now though. I expect him to become a more dominant all around blocker this year.

More than anything I want the ball in his hands. He takes short passes for big rac yards and we did not utilize that enough.

Come on, Lashlee. Let’s get Brevin 80 catches in 2020. We will win a lot of games if that happens.
I'm curious if he'll be used creatively by Lashlee in that H-Back role or if Lashlee will see that as too much of a waste of Jordan's ability in space and as a vertical threat.

That H-Back role I saw within Lashlee's sets at multiple colleges is ALL OVER THE PLACE in counters, pulls, play actions, and more. It's a really important position in making Lashlee's run game go. I saw it mostly used as a blocker and underneath pass catcher, which would limit Jordan's impact to some degree.

Jordan can be a nightmare in 1 on 1 matchups when split or inline, and will likely garner the attention of double teams. Mallory seems like a weird fit for the H-Back role. Hodges seems like a great fit there, but isn't as naturally talented as the other two. Really interesting puzzle for Lashlee to solve.

Not even saying this because I’m a Miami fan, but he is the most complete TE in the nation IMO, the Pitts guy from UF is pretty good too but he’s a pure receiving TE, the guy from Penn State is a blocker
I'm taking Brevin over anyone but Friermuth from Penn St isn't just "a blocker"

Advertisement
Back