The Grimes' Doctrine

Advertisement
It's pretty clear you dont get it
The problem we have here is out of one side of their mouth, we have fans saying be patient, we haven't wont anything in 15 years. These kids have grown up with us being mediocre, there is a reason kids are flocking to other schools. And out of the other a Miami offer is supposed to be some sort of privilege. Supposed to carry some weight. Well it can't be both. We still haven't won anything that matters. A Miami offer still is not worth what it was 15 years ago. Either commit to winning, or stop making excuses for recruiting failures.

I agree that it needs to be a case-by-case basis. But it probably is.

At any rate, I'm happy that guys like Greg Olsen, Brock Berlin, Santonio Thomas and Vogel all found their way to Miami after having chosen someone else originally.

Plenty of other examples.

Until we win any games of substance, we should be taking roster upgrades. Whether you think grimes is a roster upgrade or not is up to you, but this should not be a cut and dry policy until richt has run out of fingers to wear rings on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he need to be home for family reasons why pick UF? 4 hours by plane vs 4 hours by car is no different. If he truly needed to be local and couldn’t go to the Canes he would have gone to FAU or FIU.

If a player was truly homesick and there are family problems, then if Miami said no, they'd just as easily go to FIU, who would be happy to take them. If they live in Northern Broward, then FAU would be happy to take them. If they don't end up at FIU or FAU then you know its some fugazi nonsense and its a playing time issue and ultimately that wasn't a player we want/need at Miami anyway.

I do think a blanket policy/doctrine is silly, but these transfer-backs don't often work anyway. There are a few, sure...but most aren't worth the trouble.

We need to stop behaving like we’re some desperate jumpoff, waiting for that 2 AM booty call.

You jump on board this train on first pass, this is first class now, not coach, you’ve been upgraded.

Don’t think you can test the waters in KKKland or some frozen shlthole and always have your comfort booty back in Miami waiting to fall back on, and welcome you back with open arms.

You get one shot at this. Period.

Advertisement
It’s a long game strategy. Dividends and the tail end. Miami was placed as a fall back option do to puzzies running us into the ground. Time can be a ***** but patience can be sweet too.
Yessir. Let’s have a big season and get even better players in 2019. UM has had all its major success stockpiling great players. Once we get there again we’ll be back where we belong.

I agree that it needs to be a case-by-case basis. But it probably is.

At any rate, I'm happy that guys like Greg Olsen, Brock Berlin, Santonio Thomas and Vogel all found their way to Miami after having chosen someone else originally.

Plenty of other examples.

Me too, but those guys werent local.

In any case, if 2019 is anywhere as good a recruiting class as we think, this is a moot point anyway,

Agree. At first I wanted us to take Grimes, but I actually think it’s a great move. There’s a lot of kids out there who think Miami is a backup plan, especially in Best County, aka “Broward.”

Advertisement
Nope. Legitimate health issue in the family...he went around telling friends in Springs he was going to Miami in October and that’s how I found out(not through him). Must’ve been before he even spoke to Richt.

If it really was about the illness, dont you think he would’ve transfer to somewhere closer than UF... he aint that much closer to home than at taint...

If it really was about the illness, dont you think he would’ve transfer to somewhere closer than UF... he aint that much closer to home than at taint...
Not unless he wanted to play for championships. You’re right to be skeptical of it though. He easily could’ve gone to FAU and been a 30 minute drive away from campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back