The Grimes' Doctrine

Advertisement
Coach Richt adopted the Grimes' Doctrine to make it clear to recruits that they get one shot to go to UM. Chances are that a kid or kids who spurned us the other day will wash out at their schools. I hope Coach Richt adheres to the Grimes Doctrine.

It’s a long game strategy. Dividends and the tail end. Miami was placed as a fall back option do to puzzies running us into the ground. Time can be a ***** but patience can be sweet too.

Advertisement
Coach Richt adopted the Grimes' Doctrine to make it clear to recruits that they get one shot to go to UM. Chances are that a kid or kids who spurned us the other day will wash out at their schools. I hope Coach Richt adheres to the Grimes Doctrine.

Unless some crazy reason, I agree.

Advertisement
With the talent we can pull in at WR with Dugans here, I don't know how anyone can still argue with his decision to not take Grimes.

Grimes has a legit reason for wanting to come back, but he still played Miami in the recruiting process, and that has consequencs

Makes sense to me. The climate down here is different than nearly every other recruiting nexus in the country. Since every major p5 school in America recruits South Florida hard, we just cannot afford to let up. If kids think Miami will be their fallback school, the coaches (and the fans) need to do everything in their power to dissuade them of that notion.

The next big play Groans makes will be his first one.

I was 100% against letting him transfer here & I'm glad Richt wouldn't allow it.

What ****ed me off the most was the reaction by quite a few people on this board, dudes were in full meltdown mode over that kid, **** was ridiculous.

I'm still skeptical if he ever really had any real interest in Miami, I know all the "insiders" said so but I'm not sure I believe it. To me, it looks like Urby did his old buddy Mullen a solid & delivered him to UF.

If you spurn Miami in crootin & then things don't work out for you in the $ec Confederacy you don't deserve a spot at Miami. You should've weighed your options & made the best decision for yourself as a player instead of being a front runner & chasing after the easy route.

I think Campbell will be a **** good player, hate that wasn't us but he's got crazy upside. Surtain Jr looks like a kid that will be great in college but peak by his Junior year & Jobe in my most biased opinion will be total bust flame out.

Advertisement
If they transfer back for family/medical etc., I'd give em a look.

If it's homesick, fvck em.
Normally, I would agree with this tough, hardnosed approach...but then I think of the exception: Cleveland Gary, who spurned us for Georgia, but then came back home for no other reason than he missed home cooking. He became important to us in the 1988 season.

The next big play Groans makes will be his first one.

I was 100% against letting him transfer here & I'm glad Richt wouldn't allow it.

What ****ed me off the most was the reaction by quite a few people on this board, dudes were in full meltdown mode over that kid, **** was ridiculous.

I'm still skeptical if he ever really had any real interest in Miami, I know all the "insiders" said so but I'm not sure I believe it. To me, it looks like Urby did his old buddy Mullen a solid & delivered him to UF.

If you spurn Miami in crootin & then things don't work out for you in the $ec Confederacy you don't deserve a spot at Miami. You should've weighed your options & made the best decision for yourself as a player instead of being a front runner & chasing after the easy route.

I think Campbell will be a **** good player, hate that wasn't us but he's got crazy upside. Surtain Jr looks like a kid that will be great in college but peak by his Junior year & Jobe in my most biased opinion will be total bust flame out.
Nope. Legitimate health issue in the family...he went around telling friends in Springs he was going to Miami in October and that’s how I found out(not through him). Must’ve been before he even spoke to Richt.

Advertisement
That's why they should stay in the first place. Life happens, and you have the choice if you want to be there for your family when it does, or you can choose to go away and leave it to chance that they don't need you.
^This. That issue Trevon had was around when he made his decision to go to OSU.

I'd say case by case. If a 5 star DT decides he should followed his heart to Coral Gables, I'm with it!

But adding at a position we are already stacked with for a player that wouldn't give us the time of day during his recruiting process.... well hope he enjoys the winters up North! If he homesick, there's always FIU

I like this a lot by richt , finally an initial offer from Miami is starting to bear weight ... Also I wouldn't want a kid like grimes he didn't transfer from Ohio state because of family issues he transferred because he came in with expectations of having the job handed to him and had that pampered attitude some st Thomas kids get.. (You dont have to believe me you can pm me if you want) but if you think about it if it was a really dire situation or what it was made out to be both party's would try to come together here... You'd be a lot closer to your family in south Florida then gainsville.

Advertisement
Back