The grim reaper is coming

There are lots of bad teams on the ACC. UVA and UM do not hold that distinction alone. and No team is better than mediocre

20 yr recruiting Averages for the ACC

1. FSU ~9
2. UM ~14
3. Clemson ~18
4. UNC ~26
5. VT~ 31
6. Pitt~ 38

Everyone else 40 or worse.

It is acceptable for most of the ACC, including UVA, to be mediocre. It is not acceptable for Miami to be mediocre. We have recruited at a level in the past 5 years that far exceeds most of our conference foes. It is not just the scores of the games but what happens to cause these scores that is the problem.

Last night with 2 minutes and change left in the first half, following this TD picture we are so thoroughly discussing, UVA took the field on offense and Manny called a series of passive zone based play calls in an effort to force UVA to work down the field and prevent a TD opportunity. He didn't attack UVA and try to get the ball back with a minute or so. He was content to just make them use up the remaining clock and hope they stay out of FG range. Instead they drove down the field and scored a TD.

That's why **** like that picture burns our asses. Cause while they were taking that photo UVA made that score irrelevant. Manny's charmin soft mentality has permeated every level of this team. Repeatedly announcers look at the way our sideline comports itself and say we don't play or look focused and it is because we are not.

In a close game with our season and coaches career on the line we are taking stupid mfin Instagram photos instead of reviewing film from the last series or paying attention to what is going on with the defense. I don't give a **** about milestones. Take the ******* picture at half time or after we get the mother****in W. If I was a player on the team I would have snatched the phone out Baez's hands and stomped that ****** to oblivion and told my teammates get their ****** heads in the GD game.

Advertisement
20 yr recruiting Averages for the ACC

1. FSU ~9
2. UM ~14
3. Clemson ~18
4. UNC ~26
5. VT~ 31
6. Pitt~ 38

Everyone else 40 or worse.

It is acceptable for most of the ACC, including UVA, to be mediocre. It is not acceptable for Miami to be mediocre. We have recruited at a level in the past 5 years that far exceeds most of our conference foes. It is not just the scores of the games but what happens to cause these scores that is the problem.

Last night with 2 minutes and change left in the first half, following this TD picture we are so thoroughly discussing, UVA took the field on offense and Manny called a series of passive zone based play calls in an effort to force UVA to work down the field and prevent a TD opportunity. He didn't attack UVA and try to get the ball back with a minute or so. He was content to just make them use up the remaining clock and hope they stay out of FG range. Instead they drove down the field and scored a TD.

That's why **** like that picture burns our asses. Cause while they were taking that photo UVA made that score irrelevant. Manny's charmin soft mentality has permeated every level of this team. Repeatedly announcers look at the way our sideline comports itself and say we don't play or look focused and it is because we are not.

In a close game with our season and coaches career on the line we are taking stupid mfin Instagram photos instead of reviewing film from the last series or paying attention to what is going on with the defense. I don't give a **** about milestones. Take the ******* picture at half time or after we get the mother****in W. If I was a player on the team I would have snatched the phone out Baez's hands and stomped that ****** to oblivion and told my teammates get their ****** heads in the GD game.
I agree with every point you made. I’m jsut disgusted that in such a bad conference Miami is no better than bad. Even when, as you identify so well, Miami has a recruiting advantage over every team except the one team that is definitely worse than Miami.

Not the worst by a long shot. We were breaking in a new starter along with a line reconfiguration and by the 2nd half we were clicking. Our defense jelled with young players players in the 2nd half. I would have been very happy had the field goal been good and excited about our progress. What were the chances Andres misses that kick?
Wow!

Am I reading this correctly? Are your expectations so low that struggling to come back against a mediocre team, at home, when the AD and HC have their a$$es on the line, is reason for optimism?

This is the University of Miami. The mediocrity we have suffered for 15 years is inexcusable, full stop. I don’t know how you or anyone can find positives in yet another embarrassing loss, on national TV, to a team that had ONE 4 star recruit in their last class. It’s low expectations like this that have allowed this nightmare of an AD to get away with his BS.

I’ve been saying since the app st game, Mack daddy is going to end manny’s head coaching career..they’re going to be able to name their score in that one.

Advertisement
Back