The great heat advantage

Martycane

Sophomore
So we were out-scored 23-3 at the end of the game.
What about the idea that practicing in South Florida gives us an advantage early in the season against teams from other parts of the country?
I always assumed that was true. Not sure anymore.

Advertisement
What about the idea that practicing in South Florida gives us an advantage early in the season against teams from other parts of the country?

It gets plenty hot in Nebraska in August, and some in September. Our heat advantage is real in November.

The Dolphins used to have this advantage too in Sept and October but like our beloved Canes managed to reach levels of mediocrity that nullified it.

Advertisement
We need an air conditioned indoor practice facility so we can get on even ground with the northern teams coming down to Miami. We need to wilt in the heat like they do. Maybe then we won't get our asses kicked in the second half of every game.

How many of those hot Miami summer practices has Gorlden cancelled in the last 5 off-seasons?

It's tough to take advantage of something when you don't even try to take advantage of it.

Huskers brought their own air conditioned seats to the game...Our guys weathered in the 4th from playing too much dodge ball instead of practicing.

Advertisement
Nebraska actually looked ready to drop after the franetic pace we set in the 1st quarter. Which made our throwing the breaks on at the beginning of the 2nd all the more frustrating.

But yes, Golden's idiot coaching and failure to adjust will overcome any advantage we get from the elements. Personally, considering what they got used to over fall camp, i think the players were surprised they didn't get an ice cream social and a water balloon fight at the end of the 3rd quarter, and then promptly folded in dismay.

It gets plenty hot in Nebraska in August, and some in September. Our heat advantage is real in November.

I am a UM alum and I lived in Nebraska two summers. When they are watering the crops in August, you cannot breathe. It's actually worse than Miami some days in August. I came back from a jog one August night and pulled up weather.com. More humid at that moment in Omaha than in Miami. But generally speaking, Miami is much worse. Oh wait, I should never have added this post to The Excuse Generator TM. Dang!

Last edited:

Momentum and adrenaline take over...heat is bull**** anymore these kids practice in near 90 heat in Neb in August they were not cramping etc..

we have no advantages anymore NONE

Losing Grace and Bush did not help, but I agree we wilted. We didn't tackle or cover and guys were jogging out there. Coach D gets a hit, but when you dial up pressure and nobody can tackle to the QB what are you going to do. Elder had him dead to right at a key juncture and the QB brushed him off like he was a gnat. We could not tackle the QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back