The good, the bad and the ugly(season one under Diaz)

k9cane

Senior
OK, Im going to preface this by saying I will ALWAYS be a die-hard Miami football fan, bottom line, nothing is ever going to change that. But I have to be honest -- this season was a Diazster, call FEMA.

There's no other way to say it, this guy and his staff is/was a fraud. All sizzle, no steak.

A fraud, Milli Vanilli had more validity to me, hey, I actually enjoyed that first album of theirs(whoever sung it)

Inept is too soft a term. Incompetent, too nice of a word.

And till significant changes are made, sorry, Im not going to any more games(home or away), sorry, can't do it, wont do it. I've had enough. I'll watch every **** game till the bitter end, but I can't in good conscience keep doing this to myself and support this. Yeah, take away my Superfan card, go ahead.

But looking back at this season, THE GOOD: Greg Rosseau and the Dline dominating at times, the steadiness of KJ Osborne, Bobby Knowles developing into a solid player, Murphy, Hedley, beating FSU for the 3rd straight year(hey, after losing 7 consecutively, I'll take this)

THE BAD: 4TH AD 17th at UNC, the Oline, the kicking game

THE UGLY: where do we start? Losses at home to Vatech, Gatech, losing to FIU, Duke, 6-6 vs the softest schedule in the country, Diaz not cutting out the sideline gimmicks, hanging on versus CMU, seriously, I can go on

But year one is in the books for Manny. He gave us a fun, energetic off-season... and the perhaps the worst year I can remember as a fan(yeah, based on the circumstances this is much worse than 1997). And I dont see it getting any better to be honest

As Brian Billick one said -- it's time to blow this whole thing up.

We suck

Anyways, it's great to be a Miami Hurricane....

Advertisement
It amazes me it took people a full season to realize this. It's also amazing that after one year there's an actual case for canning him. If you watched that GT game you should have known what we were in for. He can't be disappeared fast enough.

Advertisement
It amazes me it took people a full season to realize this. It's also amazing that after one year there's an actual case for canning him. If you watched that GT game you should have known what we were in for. He can't be disappeared fast enough.

you really think people have just now come to this realization? This is just the final post mortem.

The good = nothing.

The bad and ugly = all else.

A #2 pencil could coach the team to a 6-6 record. And it'd cost a lot less.

OK, Im going to preface this by saying I will ALWAYS be a die-hard Miami football fan, bottom line, nothing is ever going to change that. But I have to be honest -- this season was a Diazster, call FEMA.

There's no other way to say it, this guy and his staff is/was a fraud. All sizzle, no steak.

A fraud, Milli Vanilli had more validity to me, hey, I actually enjoyed that first album of theirs(whoever sung it)

Inept is too soft a term. Incompetent, too nice of a word.

And till significant changes are made, sorry, Im not going to any more games(home or away), sorry, can't do it, wont do it. I've had enough. I'll watch every **** game till the bitter end, but I can't in good conscience keep doing this to myself and support this. Yeah, take away my Superfan card, go ahead.

But looking back at this season, THE GOOD: Greg Rosseau and the Dline dominating at times, the steadiness of KJ Osborne, Bobby Knowles developing into a solid player, Murphy, Hedley, beating FSU for the 3rd straight year(hey, after losing 7 consecutively, I'll take this)

THE BAD: 4TH AD 17th at UNC, the Oline, the kicking game

THE UGLY: where do we start? Losses at home to Vatech, Gatech, losing to FIU, Duke, 6-6 vs the softest schedule in the country, Diaz not cutting out the sideline gimmicks, hanging on versus CMU, seriously, I can go on

But year one is in the books for Manny. He gave us a fun, energetic off-season... and the perhaps the worst year I can remember as a fan(yeah, based on the circumstances this is much worse than 1997). And I dont see it getting any better to be honest

As Brian Billick one said -- it's time to blow this whole thing up.

We suck

Anyways, it's great to be a Miami Hurricane....

I CHECKED OUT LAST WEEK.

ONLY WAY HE SAVES HIS JOB IS IF HE LETS A BUNCH OF GUYS GO HONESTLY AND SHAKE HIS STAFF UP....ALOT...ALOT OF DEAD WEIGHT ON STAFF.

HE HAS TO I MEAN HAS TO RIGHT AWAY FIRE HIS OC.

Like they said in 'Boomerang' - this is worse than when the Fat Boys broke up

Honestly, Ive been through some bad/disappointing seasons, but this year, was different. It felt hopeless.

Diaz ain't the guy

Advertisement
you really think people have just now come to this realization? This is just the final post mortem.
Yes I do. Go back and read the threads. It's all there. The "if we had a kicker" and the "calm down we were a play a way" and the "it's too early to give up." Go check. Just read the initial thread about the banner.

I CHECKED OUT LAST WEEK.

ONLY WAY HE SAVES HIS JOB IS IF HE LETS A BUNCH OF GUYS GO HONESTLY AND SHAKE HIS STAFF UP....ALOT...ALOT OF DEAD WEIGHT ON STAFF.

He has to Fire him to day after the bowl game! Blame all that **** on him and Barry only way he could save his job! explain that quarterbacks got better but his offense sucks and doesn't work in modern football.

Manny won't do it though! He will lose his job!

I CHECKED OUT LAST WEEK.

Outside of what we need which is the whole staff and AD gone:

He needs to fire his OC, fire his DC, fire Banda and Rumph (we need new blood back there), and fire Barry. Fire Patke as well to rid of the low-level intellectual incest in this program.

most said this was a 7-5 season 'cept the delusional running around in here...6-6 is pretty close, but that was the most painful 6-6 season I can recall and next year looks to be even worse...even IF we get changes in coaching to occur that need to occur...still gonna be ugly.

Advertisement
I CHECKED OUT LAST WEEK.

He needs to get this oline fixed..it’s ridiculous..there’s no offensive system where blocking isn’t a requirement. Is asking them to not let Dukes dline have career days too much to ask..in a game we’re you needed to depend on the line to carry u across the finish line, injuries happen and they implode.

as fans we overrated our talent. Duke played man 1, zero coverage ALL GAME, only matchup we exposed is Mallory a few times.

Do you pull a Randy Shannon and reshuffle this entire staff if your Diaz? That’s up to him to decide. I’d do so. Changes are need on the Defensive side Imo no doubt. The offensive of line is what’s holding what Manny/Enos envisioned back.

Nothing will change if there are no changes.

Diaz at minimum needs to replace Enos, Barry, Stubblefield on offense, Baker on defense. Patke should be taken off special teams and ST coach hired. I’d replace everyone, but then fire Diaz as well. And I’m cool with this too.

Advertisement
He needs to get this oline fixed..it’s ridiculous..there’s no offensive system where blocking isn’t a requirement. Is asking them to not let Dukes dline have career days too much to ask..in a game we’re you needed to depend on the line to carry u across the finish line, injuries happen and they implode.

as fans we overrated our talent. Duke played man 1, zero coverage ALL GAME, only matchup we exposed is Mallory a few times.

Do you pull a Randy Shannon and reshuffle this entire staff if your Diaz? That’s up to him to decide. I’d do so. Changes are need on the Defensive side Imo no doubt. The offensive of line is what’s holding what Manny/Enos envisioned back.

Coker and Randy played the musical assistants game. Golden didn't. Same result. Diaz is finished (and he never should have started).

Been through some tough seasons dating back to the late 60’s. This one is right up there with the worst ever. Manny created the monster with all his pre season hype.

At minimum, Enos has to go. If not Baker as well, rein his *** in and make him go back to the D Manny ran.

Advertisement
Back