The God’s honest truth

We're not that talented.

We can beat the likes of Duke and Virginia on talent alone, but not any team that's legit top 20.

I was hoping that would change this year, but we did not land enough studs in this class to move the needle.

We were #20 this year in 247's talent index, and this class will only bump us up 2 or 3 spots.

We will be about the same team next year that we were this year.

Man, you shoulda seen the Notre Dame game this year! It was really neat.

What did you think about the Pitt game?

I saw a baseball player playing QB that finally bit Miami in the ***.

Let's see how the Pitt game goes this year without literally the least accurate passer in the country (which is a statistical fact). Also you said we cant beat any team that's legit top 20. Not true, as I pointed out.

I didn't say that. Read more carefully. I said we couldn't beat any top 20 team ON TALENT ALONE.

We beat Notre Dame because we had Jesus on our side.

Advertisement
We're not that talented.

We can beat the likes of Duke and Virginia on talent alone, but not any team that's legit top 20.

I was hoping that would change this year, but we did not land enough studs in this class to move the needle.

We were #20 this year in 247's talent index, and this class will only bump us up 2 or 3 spots.

I don't know I think QB will dictate how far we truly can climb talent wise compared to other programs.

LMAO you sign the #5-#8 class depending on who you listen to and you have to become Boise State to make up for your talent deficiencies. I gotta come on this board more, it gets more retarded/hilarious by the hour.

It's #5 to #8 until you consider all the attrition that we've had this cycle (DJ Johnson, Dionte Mullins, RJ McIntosh, Ken Norton, Malek Young, etc)

When you balance out what we're gaining in this class vs what we're losing through graduation and attrition, we come out about even.

Plenty of other teams had attrition too and didn't sign a Top 10 class. The 2017 team was the worst team Mark Richt will have here. The needle is pointing up. I have no idea how/why that equates to the mass suicides around here.

We got better, just not significantly so. Going by 247's talent index, we were #20 and after this class, we'll be at around #17.

We're not that talented.

We are good enough to consistently win the coastal. Especially with this class coming in. That's better than the last decade, but it's not good enough. Still, improvement is improvement.

That's right. We won the coastal. We should be favorites to do it again.

I'd like to win more than the coastal, though.

soon as you said motion i stopped reading

you think richt doesn't know about it? especially jon..

really helped lsu this season

Advertisement
We're not that talented.

If we recruit as well as we did this year every year, we'll be top 5 eventually.

"In other words, we are going to have the become Boise State’s of the cfb world"

So recruit worse and try to move to a weaker conference?

The most hilarious part of your post is that you think teams with highly rated guys don't also game plan to mask their weaknesses. Only the Boise State's of the world game plan well for games.

"Dude. We had a *** TON of turnovers. Take away like 6 of them b1tches and we drop at least 2 more games-EASY. Stop...."

You sarcastically call people Einstein, while also stating that if a team had a worse turnover margin, they may of lost more games. THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW EINSTEIN!

Actually I misspoke, the most hilarious part about your post is that you think you know what you are talking about.

I want Richt to sit w Pederson and learn how to get the most out of the RPO. Foles is not mobile and he ran it to perfection b/c Pederson made it that way. I like the RPO concept....when it’s noy vanilla. Our’s is vanilla right now.

Advertisement
We're not that talented.

If we recruit as well as we did this year every year, we'll be top 5 eventually.

This is actually true.... IF we manage to keep our 4/5 star kids around for four years, and IF we don't have any attrition.

Every time a Dionte Mullins or DJ Johnson leaves, or every time a Malek Young gets hurt, or every time a Ken Norton leaves to be drafted in the 6th round, that's a step backward for us.

...is that Mark Richt is going to HAVE to put together the coaching performance of his career whereby he gets the absolute most out of his players and makes the CFB playoffs in dominant fashion. He simply must play for a National title without a roster full of 5* kids. He must show that Miami doesn’t have to “out-athlete” the competition, rather he must show the ability to scheme distinct advantages that gets the most out of 3 and 4* kids. He has to put pride aside and either get an innovative OC in here or rethink his approach to offensive football. My Eagles just won it all, running RPO, but they utilize motion to identify coverage. Our offense could become that much more effective and efficient just by simply adding such a basic concept. It would give us the opportunity to get the ball to our best playmakers while getting rid of the ball quickly and decisively. It’s a beautiful thing to watch when run properly and with a competent and confident QB.

Moreover, I know a lot of you guys might not want to hear this, but we are going to have to FINALLY humble ourselves and adopt the philosophy of scheming to supplement our talent deficiencies. In other words, we are going to have the become Boise State’s of the cfb world, whereby we use intelligent design rather than star on star tactics. And It has to be done with an underdog mindset-that proverbial chip must be slammed on our shoulders once again. We FIRST won with attitude more so than having 5* kids at every position. We HAVE to get back to our roots and field a team full of hungry, talented kids that are being put in the best position to overachieve and win big through grit and sacrifice. We can’t continue to stand on the shoulders of Micheal Irvin and Ray Lewis, guys. It’s time to have a new generation of kids that are willing to sacrifice and play with reckless abandon every single Saturday and provide new, stronger shoulders to stand on, recruit on, and thrive on. Of course, these new shoulders must have chips on them.

The days of Miami landing the likes of a Tyson Campbell or a Patrick Johnson (and every other 5* in between) aren’t necessarily over, but to land these kids consistently will require such sacrifice. It costs to sign a 5* kid...and that cost is high. These kids and their coaches, family, handlers aren’t stupid. They see the same **** we see week in and week out. Think they didn’t catch the fact that our season was smoke and mirrors? Lol. Guys...no more nose in the air, flexed pinky fingers while sipping champagne arrogantly in a dimly lit jazz club. We look in the mirror and see that same jazzy broad we’ve always seen, but to young, fresh eyes- we are waaay past our prime and not as pretty as Clemsina Jackson or that thick Alabamia Jones, lol. We have to reinvent ourselves in order to give ourselves a real chance at becoming, once again, innovative and hungry. That’s the only way we break this cycle. We can’t keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. It’s time to become the new, hungry upstart Miami again.

Do we need improvement on offense? Yes. Without a doubt. Richt needs to hire a proven offensive playcaller who can maximize the talent that we are stacking. Can we bank on landing a Top 5 class year in and year out? No. But we never were a Top 5 recruiting program even in our heyday. Yeah we would land our share of studs, but most importantly we would land those 3 and 4 star dogs who were the right fit for our program and gave their all.

Scheme artists like Boise? Nah. Don't take it there. We need another Top 10 class next year to round out the roster holes that the Golden years left us with. And we need to take a look at shaking up the staff a bit.

Golden took us down the toilet. You don't come back from that pit to the top in 2 years. If Richt does not take another step forward next year, then it's time to worry. But now is not the time.

"In other words, we are going to have the become Boise State’s of the cfb world"

So recruit worse and try to move to a weaker conference?

The most hilarious part of your post is that you think teams with highly rated guys don't also game plan to mask their weaknesses. Only the Boise State's of the world game plan well for games.

"Dude. We had a *** TON of turnovers. Take away like 6 of them b1tches and we drop at least 2 more games-EASY. Stop...."

You sarcastically call people Einstein, while also stating that if a team had a worse turnover margin, they may of lost more games. THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW EINSTEIN!

Actually I misspoke, the most hilarious part about your post is that you think you know what you are talking about.

Dumb is a disease. Yeah- let’s recruit worse talent and move to an inferior conference...that’s EXACTLY what I meant. Thanks for playing. And to the other person who “stopped reading at motion”, knowing about something and doing it are actually two different things? And yes- we had a *** TON of turnovers and we eek’d our victories week after week? Turnover margin.... . Truth hurts.

Advertisement
LMAO you sign the #5-#8 class depending on who you listen to and you have to become Boise State to make up for your talent deficiencies. I gotta come on this board more, it gets more retarded/hilarious by the hour.

It's #5 to #8 until you consider all the attrition that we've had this cycle (DJ Johnson, Dionte Mullins, RJ McIntosh, Ken Norton, Malek Young, etc)

When you balance out what we're gaining in this class vs what we're losing through graduation and attrition, we come out about even.

Man you talking crazy Boise state really man [emoji81][emoji81] we can play with the big boys of college football stop acting like we not a good team we finish with 10-3 without three best players on offense and not a lot of depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're not that talented.

Man, you shoulda seen the Notre Dame game this year! It was really neat.

What did you think about the Pitt game?

Lol, you think that was about talent? Other than QB, we were the superior team everywhere on the field.

...is that Mark Richt is going to HAVE to put together the coaching performance of his career whereby he gets the absolute most out of his players and makes the CFB playoffs in dominant fashion. He simply must play for a National title without a roster full of 5* kids. He must show that Miami doesn’t have to “out-athlete” the competition, rather he must show the ability to scheme distinct advantages that gets the most out of 3 and 4* kids. He has to put pride aside and either get an innovative OC in here or rethink his approach to offensive football. My Eagles just won it all, running RPO, but they utilize motion to identify coverage. Our offense could become that much more effective and efficient just by simply adding such a basic concept. It would give us the opportunity to get the ball to our best playmakers while getting rid of the ball quickly and decisively. It’s a beautiful thing to watch when run properly and with a competent and confident QB.

Moreover, I know a lot of you guys might not want to hear this, but we are going to have to FINALLY humble ourselves and adopt the philosophy of scheming to supplement our talent deficiencies. In other words, we are going to have the become Boise State’s of the cfb world, whereby we use intelligent design rather than star on star tactics. And It has to be done with an underdog mindset-that proverbial chip must be slammed on our shoulders once again. We FIRST won with attitude more so than having 5* kids at every position. We HAVE to get back to our roots and field a team full of hungry, talented kids that are being put in the best position to overachieve and win big through grit and sacrifice. We can’t continue to stand on the shoulders of Micheal Irvin and Ray Lewis, guys. It’s time to have a new generation of kids that are willing to sacrifice and play with reckless abandon every single Saturday and provide new, stronger shoulders to stand on, recruit on, and thrive on. Of course, these new shoulders must have chips on them.

The days of Miami landing the likes of a Tyson Campbell or a Patrick Johnson (and every other 5* in between) aren’t necessarily over, but to land these kids consistently will require such sacrifice. It costs to sign a 5* kid...and that cost is high. These kids and their coaches, family, handlers aren’t stupid. They see the same **** we see week in and week out. Think they didn’t catch the fact that our season was smoke and mirrors? Lol. Guys...no more nose in the air, flexed pinky fingers while sipping champagne arrogantly in a dimly lit jazz club. We look in the mirror and see that same jazzy broad we’ve always seen, but to young, fresh eyes- we are waaay past our prime and not as pretty as Clemsina Jackson or that thick Alabamia Jones, lol. We have to reinvent ourselves in order to give ourselves a real chance at becoming, once again, innovative and hungry. That’s the only way we break this cycle. We can’t keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. It’s time to become the new, hungry upstart Miami again.

Do we need improvement on offense? Yes. Without a doubt. Richt needs to hire a proven offensive playcaller who can maximize the talent that we are stacking. Can we bank on landing a Top 5 class year in and year out? No. But we never were a Top 5 recruiting program even in our heyday. Yeah we would land our share of studs, but most importantly we would land those 3 and 4 star dogs who were the right fit for our program and gave their all.

Scheme artists like Boise? Nah. Don't take it there. We need another Top 10 class next year to round out the roster holes that the Golden years left us with. And we need to take a look at shaking up the staff a bit.

Golden took us down the toilet. You don't come back from that pit to the top in 2 years. If Richt does not take another step forward next year, then it's time to worry. But now is not the time.

All I’m saying is this: “if teams like a Boise State, i.e. subpar talent but hangs with teams they have no business hanging with, simply due to scheme, then perhaps we need to adopt a similar ideology concerning which?”. If we adopt this mentality with our talent...and a scrappy underdog, chip on our shoulder attitude, WE SHOULD NEVER GET RUN OUTTA THE CLUB ON NATIONAL TV AGAINST AN ALABAMA OR A CLEMSON EVER AGAIN!!!!! Then when we start winning these match-ups, we start getting the Tyson Campbells of the world again. But doing the same **** while waiting for “surge 19” or “terrific 20” - you know...those chickens we ALWAYS count and they hatch elsewhere in the SEC?, ain’t working. Do something different.

Advertisement
We're not that talented.

This is actually true.... IF we manage to keep our 4/5 star kids around for four years, and IF we don't have any attrition.

Every time a Dionte Mullins or DJ Johnson leaves, or every time a Malek Young gets hurt, or every time a Ken Norton leaves to be drafted in the 6th round, that's a step backward for us.

Yup, DJ Johnson, Mcintosh, Norton leaving & Youngs injury hurt is more than anything else.

We're not that talented.

Yup, DJ Johnson, Mcintosh, Norton leaving & Youngs injury hurt is more than anything else.
And this is an example of what I’m saying. Our kids actually believe that leaving early -even when the draft board advises them to stay in school- is cool because “that’s just what you do at Miami”. And don’t get me wrong, of course there are kids all across the country that do this, but we seem to have an inordinate amount of these cases. And yes- there was a time at Miami where if you were a senior and still at Miami, you sucked. We are not “that dude” anymore...”guys..you’re simply not good enough to leave early”. But they do and they will, and that’s what I mean by “sacrifice”. I’m sorry, but a team full of 3 and 4* seniors (well coached) will usually be competitive against or beat a team full of 5* underclassmen. Facts. These kids have to be willing to give back to the university WHILE THEY ARE HERE. *** writing a check later....

Boise St. didn't even sniff top 50 ranked classes. Fck out of here telling us that Miami has to be the next Boise.
Lol. You can either play stupid or actually be stupid. We ain’t beating Clemson or Alabama or OSU without having an upstart, Boise state-like gameplan/mentality that fundamentally masks weaknesses and accentuates what we do well. Riddle me this, Einstein- can you definitively tell me what we do well on offense? Right. But keep sipping that champagne....

The talent levels are comparable. Bama had Clemson beat across the board in terms of talent with the exception of an elite QB in Watson; they won. Same thing with Auburn back in 2010. Miami has to continue to build depth like they have been doing. How many titles does Boise St. have again? I forgot.

Boise St. didn't even sniff top 50 ranked classes. Fck out of here telling us that Miami has to be the next Boise.
Lol. You can either play stupid or actually be stupid. We ain’t beating Clemson or Alabama or OSU without having an upstart, Boise state-like gameplan/mentality that fundamentally masks weaknesses and accentuates what we do well. Riddle me this, Einstein- can you definitively tell me what we do well on offense? Right. But keep sipping that champagne....

The talent levels are comparable. Bama had Clemson beat across the board in terms of talent with the exception of an elite QB in Watson; they won. Same thing with Auburn back in 2010. Miami has to continue to build depth like they have been doing. How many titles does Boise St. have again? I forgot.

I agree. But where we differ is the mentality. Boise knows that they’re going to be at a talent disadvantage when they play a big dog, so they scheme to that fact. They may lose, but they won’t often get embarrassed. We get embarrassed.....because we choose to fight man to man and get run outta the club. If we approach the big boys like a Boise state (Mentality) with our talent, we have a chance to be really competitive with the big boys -and ****-maybe even win some of these contests..... . And once we become giant slayers again, we not only continue to build our roster, but now we get those 5* gems that always seem to escape out of our backyard...

Advertisement
Back