NBA The GOAT Case For Lebron: Accomplishments

MJ was feared because he was playong against weak guards and outmatched small forwards. When Kobe came into the league they told him not to look him in the eye and Kobe as an 18 year old was not only looking MJ in the eye but talking smack. **** at 19 he came off the bench and dropped 33 on Jordan AND Pippen who altetnated guarding him. AT 19! With the Bulls as the best defensive team
with two dogs in Pippen and Mj guarding Kobe.

Imagine a young lebron... yeah you wont have MJ guarding him. Lets start by MJ barely guarded Dominique Wilkins in his prime when Wilkins is not even 30% of the player MJ is.

As for the rules? they shortened the 3 point line for two seasons in the 90s it was embarrasing .. as a way for players to get more points. The zone defense wasnt there so you couldnt feint to commit a double, you had to stay with your
man or commit. Imagine lebron knowing the double is not coming he would slice team aparts like swiss cheese.

This may be one of the most asinine comments ever. Lol

Advertisement
Get him, Rell! Go full Nike on him!!!!
355EC9E3-7F17-4844-92AC-573D3C004231.gif

Also...
MJ in the 80's before the talent pool was
diluted from 1988-1996 with six expansion teams didn't win a series
without Pippen. 1-9 in playoff games, couldnt even get out of the first round against Boston OR the Bucks. It's history that everyone ignores because there was no social media back then, or 24/7
sports news like ESPN. They created the MJ myth to sell.

Note: Im a huge MJ fan. HUGE. Grew up on MJ and he's a phenomenal player. Is not the best all time in my opinion.

This is what I don’t get:

LBJ gets an excuse for missing the playoffs his first two yrs by the argument of not having a team around him, when in actuality, he had two All Stars on his team in Big Z & Carlos Boozer.

Yet, MJ wills The Bulls to the playoffs, gets bounced in the 1st round his first couple of yrs w/ literal crack heads as his teammate, playing against a Bucks team that featured HOFer Sidney Moncrief, 2x All Star Terry Cummings, & future 3 point sharp shooter Craig Hodges?! Lol. Then he goes against a Celtics team that had FIVE HOFERS, 4 of which are on the NBA Top 75 List & the 5th is on the 50th anniversary team!

Yet, NO ONE takes in consideration MJ didn’t have another star player on his team until Pippen came in to his own in 1991, and he never missed the playoffs until his Wizards yrs, and he didn’t have the benefit of the play-in like LeBron has!

It amazes me how ppl criticize MJ for IMMEDIATELY making The Bulls a playoff team EVERY yr since being drafted, b/c he got beat in the 1st round his first few yrs against far superior teams. Yet, these same ones simply gloss over LBJ not making the playoffs until his 3rd yr, got beat by a weak Orlando Magic’s team, & didn’t find playoff success until he started joining forces w/ other top 75 players that were his rivals. Lol.

Oh, & let’s not forget MJ never lost a NBA Finals as a favorite like LBJ.

Advertisement

LBJ gets an excuse for missing the playoffs his first two yrs by the argument of not having a team around him, when in actuality, he had two All Stars on his team in Big Z & Carlos Boozer.

Yet, MJ wills The Bulls to the playoffs, gets bounced in the 1st round his first couple of yrs w/ literal crack heads as his teammate, playing against a Bucks team that featured HOFer Sidney Moncrief, 2x All Star Terry Cummings, & future 3 point sharp shooter Craig Hodges?! Lol. Then he goes against a Celtics team that had FIVE HOFERS, 4 of which are on the NBA Top 75 List & the 5th is on the 50th anniversary team!

Yet, NO ONE takes in consideration MJ didn’t have another star player on his team until Pippen came in to his own in 1991, and he never missed the playoffs until his Wizards yrs, and he didn’t have the benefit of the play-in like LeBron has!

It amazes me how ppl criticize MJ for IMMEDIATELY making The Bulls a playoff team EVERY yr since being drafted, b/c he got beat in the 1st round his first few yrs against far superior teams. Yet, these same ones simply gloss over LBJ not making the playoffs until his 3rd yr, got beat by a weak Orlando Magic’s team, & didn’t find playoff success until he started joining forces w/ other top 75 players that were his rivals. Lol.

original_8afa9315-0858-401a-b152-ab2d9eb3ef3d_img_1_1660469092188.jpg

img_1_1660203007901.jpg

FB_IMG_1671860277967.jpg

Advertisement
MJ played all 82 games at almost 41 on one leg. Doug Collins said he would try to get him to take off practices and MJ wouldn’t , he went 100 percent every day. People have no clue how on another level he was. On top of being the best two guard defender most of his career. It’s just different.

Bro, & let’s talk about how his peers, where majority of the top 75 roster comes from, didn’t remotely accomplish what MJ accomplished.

When MJ became thee man, only two top 75 players ate off his plate while he was played:

Hakeem & Drexler (1x)

When LeBron went to the finals his first time, these are all the players who ate off “The King’s” plate:

-Nowitzki (1x)
-Kidd (1x)
-Duncan (1x)
-Leonard (2x)
-Curry (4x)

Jordan was a beast.

Whom is the player you are talking about? I would’ve guessed Vince Carter but I don’t think he won NBA ‘ships or scoring titles at that rate.

Player A is the difference in MJ’s accomplishments vs. LBJ’s accomplishments in a shorter period of time.

MJ has a whole 1st ballot HOF career difference in accomplishments! Let that sink in, a whole 1st ballot HOF difference in accomplishments, yet I got ppl still wanna argue about LBJ being The GOAT? Lol

LBJ will have longevity stats; the fan base says he’s the all time scorer in NBA, that proves he’s the GOAT. My rebuttal?

-Stockton is the all time steals leader, would u say he was a better defender than Gary Payton?

-Stockton is the all time assist leader, would u take him over Magic as the greatest PG of all time?

-Malone has more points than Kobe & MJ; would u say Malone is the better player?

-Westbrook has the most triple doubles in NBA history; would u say he’s a better all around player than LBJ?

-LBJ has more assist than Magic, would u say he’s a better passer/set up man than him? (LBJ also has the most turnovers in NBA history)

Longevity stats are fun, & the fact that LBJ has been able to do what he’s done for this length of time is y we can have a conversation about him in this category, BUT, longevity stats have a place in discussion, it’s just not thee place.

4D3089ED-8FDE-4208-A660-6DB33A6DD789.jpeg
671E5A43-216F-439C-9B67-5978E2D6BDBA.jpeg

Kareem is the GOAT IMO, but MJ has as good an argument as anybody...

The only reason why LeBron has entered the debate is because the modern era propaganda machine spearheaded by Nick Wright have made it a flat stats argument & removed the context of the different eras.

LeBron is great without question, but it’s difficult to look at the totality of his career & perceive that to be the best resume of All-Time in NBA history. It’s a very good one, but the best ever? Idk, I can’t come to that conclusion.

Advertisement
And I know it’s unfair...

But I’m sorry man, the Bubble-Championship is subsidiary & unbefitting IMO.

Playing in a controlled environment, with no road travel & no crowd in a truncated season just doesn’t count as much as a regular NBA title under normal conditions.

I’m not sure this is fair. MJ spent three years in college. LBJ was a kid straight out of high school.

Comparing careers is fair but taking LBJ to task for his first couple of years needs to account for the fact that he actually was a whole lot younger than his peers.

Advertisement
I’m not sure this is fair. MJ spent three years in college. LBJ was a kid straight out of high school.

Comparing careers is fair but taking LBJ to task for his first couple of years needs to account for the fact that he actually was a whole lot younger than his peers.

Lol; so now it’s unfair that LBJ chose to come to NBA straight out of HS? Lol.

U do realize that LBJ is arguably & I would say a no question best str8 from HS player in NBA history. He & Moses Malone were two guys who were immediately built for the NBA. He went from avg. 21 ppg his rookie yr to 27 ppg his sophomore yr. Nah, I’m not giving a pass or excuse for that.

Lol; so now it’s unfair that LBJ chose to come to NBA straight out of HS? Lol.

U do realize that LBJ is arguably & I would say a no question best str8 from HS player in NBA history. He & Moses Malone were two guys who were immediately built for the NBA. He went from avg. 21 ppg his rookie yr to 27 ppg his sophomore yr. Nah, I’m not giving a pass or excuse for that.
I don't disagree with any of that. He was great from day 1 and belonged in the NBA instead of college.

I am just saying it might not be fair to ask why he didn't take his team to the playoffs as a teenager. MJ went as a rookie but he was 21 years old. By the time LBJ was 21, he was also in the playoffs.

I am not making any argument. I was just trying to answer the question you posed as to why that particular stat might be considered differently between the two players. You can disagree if you want to but it is a valid reason to consider them as separate cases.

I don't disagree with any of that. He was great from day 1 and belonged in the NBA instead of college.

I am just saying it might not be fair to ask why he didn't take his team to the playoffs as a teenager. MJ went as a rookie but he was 21 years old. By the time LBJ was 21, he was also in the playoffs.

I am not making any argument. I was just trying to answer the question you posed as to why that particular stat might be considered differently between the two players. You can disagree if you want to but it is a valid reason to consider them as separate cases.

Lol; no it’s not. Here’s y.

I can give a pass in yr 1 for LBJ, but not yr 2.

MJ’s best teammate was Orlando Woolridge; a guy who had immense talent, but would be in & out b/c of him literally being on drugs.

In 2005, LBJ made the All Star Game & Big Z made the All Star Game. They were also 30-21 at the All Star Break. They absolutely collapsed after the All Star break.

So age is not a question here; in yr 2 of MJ’s career he broke his foot. Missed **** near the whole season, yet came back & once again willed The Bulls to the playoffs, much to the chagrin of Bulls’ mgmt who wanted to miss the playoffs & tank.

My point is, for the LBJ fans who like to clown MJ for getting bounced in the first round against superior talent when his 2nd best teammate was a crack head, the rebuttal is LBJ didn’t even get to the playoffs despite having another all star on his roster.

That’s all.

View attachment 232652View attachment 232653

Kareem is the GOAT IMO, but MJ has as good an argument as anybody...

The only reason why LeBron has entered the debate is because the modern era propaganda machine spearheaded by Nick Wright have made it a flat stats argument & removed the context of the different eras.

LeBron is great without question, but it’s difficult to look at the totality of his career & perceive that to be the best resume of All-Time in NBA history. It’s a very good one, but the best ever? Idk, I can’t come to that conclusion.
Here’s my vote…

E2A6C695-787E-4CA5-9899-8CE751324A81.gif

Advertisement
Back