NBA The GOAT Case For Lebron: Accomplishments

Advertisement
@PIPO, you have customers.

3537EF0C-70C2-4E43-B5E1-BD9D9F5118E9.gif

Advertisement

Nah, this is no showdown, it would be a blood bath. I’ve broken down this subject waaaay too often.

Let me ask u: If I said Player A has the following accomplishments:

-2x NCAA All American
-NCAA Player of The Year
-1 NCAA Title
-2 NBA Titles
-1 NBA MVP
-2 NBA Finals MVP
-9 Scoring Titles
-4x 1st team NBA All Defense
-1 DPOY
-3x NBA Steals Leader
-2x Slam Dunk Champion
-Only Player in history to win both DPOY & Scoring Title in same season

Would this player be a 1st ballot Basketball HOFer?

Nah, this is no showdown, it would be a blood bath. I’ve broken down this subject waaaay too often.

-2x NCAA All American
-NCAA Player of The Year
-1 NCAA Title
-2 NBA Titles
-1 NBA MVP
-2 NBA Finals MVP
-9 Scoring Titles
-1 DPOY
-3x NBA Steals Leader
-2x Slam Dunk Champion

Jordan’s the GOAT to me.

-2x NCAA All American
-NCAA Player of The Year
-1 NCAA Title
-2 NBA Titles
-1 NBA MVP
-2 NBA Finals MVP
-9 Scoring Titles
-1 DPOY
-3x NBA Steals Leader
-2x Slam Dunk Champion

Jordan was a beast.

Whom is the player you are talking about? I would’ve guessed Vince Carter but I don’t think he won NBA ‘ships or scoring titles at that rate.

Advertisement

-2x NCAA All American
-NCAA Player of The Year
-1 NCAA Title
-2 NBA Titles
-1 NBA MVP
-2 NBA Finals MVP
-9 Scoring Titles
-1 DPOY
-3x NBA Steals Leader
-2x Slam Dunk Champion

we can have that debate anytime anywhere any place.

Ur article has too many flaws w/ no context.

This video articulates & breaks down the GOAT debate w better context.

It wasn't meant to be a book on Lebron. The last article was making the case that he has as good numbers/ accomplishments as anyone in the top 5 for example of best players ever ( Jordan, Magic, Kareem , Bird) etc.

Context about the era and playoffs were given in previous articles.

These were also just articles, not exhaustive papers.

Advertisement
we can have that debate anytime anywhere any place.

Go ahead; b/c what u’ll provide r longevity stats.

MJ accomplished way more in a shorter period of time in an era that didn’t feature wide open lanes, no hand checking, or the 3-point era.

No one fears LBJ; he’s respected. MJ was feared.

LBJ played with more HOFers, All Stars, & Top 75 players than MJ, yet accomplished least. And he has a negative +/- box score for his career in the NBA Playoffs.

Not really.
The international game then sucked real bad. The Dream Team was light years ahead in 92 of the world . The world really focused on developing NBA like talent and team USA thought playing hero ball without cohesiveness would lead to W's. Nope. As you can see if you read the other articles, The amount of international players that entered the league were some of the best players in the WORLD not just the USA during the Lebron era. Even in the early 2000s where it wasnt as obvious as now, they were playing sick fundamental basketball and Team USA barely had training camps in preperation.. it was show up and ball and they got embarrased.

The international game then sucked real bad. The Dream Team was light years ahead in 92 of the world . The world really focused on developing NBA like talent and team USA thought playing hero ball without cohesiveness would lead to W's. Nope. As you can see if you read the other articles, The amount of international players that entered the league were some of the best players in the WORLD not just the USA during the Lebron era. Even in the early 2000s where it wasnt as obvious as now, they were playing sick fundamental basketball and Team USA barely had training camps in preperation.. it was show up and ball and they got embarrased.

Dude, knock it off. Lol.

They got smoked by Puerto Rico. The game is way more advanced globally today than it was in 2004, & the US have been dominating.

Try better.

Advertisement
Go ahead; b/c what u’ll provide r longevity stats.

MJ accomplished way more in a shorter period of time in an era that didn’t feature wide open lanes, no hand checking, or the 3-point era.

No one fears LBJ; he’s respected. MJ was feared.

LBJ played with more HOFers, All Stars, & Top 75 players than MJ, yet accomplished least. And he has a negative +/- box score for his career in the NBA Playoffs.
MJ was feared because he was playong against weak guards and outmatched small forwards. When Kobe came into the league they told him not to look him in the eye and Kobe as an 18 year old was not only looking MJ in the eye but talking smack. **** at 19 he came off the bench and dropped 33 on Jordan AND Pippen who altetnated guarding him. AT 19! With the Bulls as the best defensive team
with two dogs in Pippen and Mj guarding Kobe.

Imagine a young lebron... yeah you wont have MJ guarding him. Lets start by MJ barely guarded Dominique Wilkins in his prime when Wilkins is not even 30% of the player MJ is.

As for the rules? they shortened the 3 point line for two seasons in the 90s it was embarrasing .. as a way for players to get more points. The zone defense wasnt there so you couldnt feint to commit a double, you had to stay with your
man or commit. Imagine lebron knowing the double is not coming he would slice team aparts like swiss cheese.

Dude, knock it off. Lol.

They got smoked by Puerto Rico. The game is way more advanced globally today than it was in 2004, & the US have been dominating.

Try better.
You had NBA caliber players in Puerto Rico. Way better athletes than the sock boy extras from Hoosiers that Team USA faced in 92.

Also...
MJ in the 80's before the talent pool was
diluted from 1988-1996 with six expansion teams didn't win a series
without Pippen. 1-9 in playoff games, couldnt even get out of the first round against Boston OR the Bucks. It's history that everyone ignores because there was no social media back then, or 24/7
sports news like ESPN. They created the MJ myth to sell.

Note: Im a huge MJ fan. HUGE. Grew up on MJ and he's a phenomenal player. Is not the best all time in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back