The Glass is half full

Research the amount of talent they get from down here and how many of those players pan out and are pivotal parts of their championship runs. The game has changed. The secret is out and everyone and their mother know where to go to buy talent. The best football talent money can buy.
Yes, so logically they would want to stay at the top and hire the best coaches to maintain that recruiting advantage. Hiring subpar coaches is not going to benefit them.

Advertisement
at the time whipple had the offensive looking A1 and it seemed as if we were heading in the right direction ... of course bama not taking bums and stoutland is super legit ... but the game has changed even more since them with tv contracts, nil ... it's not apples to apples comparison

quick question, what's your thought when you hear tvd name being looked at by a big school? earlier he was looking at jobs at fiu and utah state
To clarify, you said TVD as in our starting QB is looking at other schools? Or you mean Demarcus Van Dyke is being poached?

suddenly those guys are the best coaches? trob done made the rounds and bmac was out west at oregon of all places ... however when they come to miami they are coveted guys? i'm not saying they're afraid ... but they have definitely taken notice
Afraid was a poor choice of words in my part. But at the very least they are very concerned. A ranked Miami in this state is a problem they don’t want.
A Miami team with facilities as good as theirs is a problem they don’t want.

Rodgers Wilson Feagans and graves were never gonna come here without trob. And the y were being recruited by the best schools.
If Mario was here last year with trob Fegans signs with Miami. Manny had cholera for 3 years and one dude was gonna make this one of the best db classes in the country. Don’t think for a minute that Saban didn’t see that sht.

This is the state of Florida and more importantly south Florida and no frontrunner I the sec is gonna stand by and just watch the butter for their bread get taken. Bamas season got saved with one catch by J brooks and also a play by J Battle and a 65 yard run by sofla running back broke their hearts.

The key to cfb domination is this state and most importantly sofla. I can’t believe y’all can’t see this sht clearer than crystal.

Pay attention to macho and what he said happened at the presentation. These kids talk to each other and other staffs.

Any coach that comes down here to recruit knows what tf goes on down here.

Over 150 d1 scholarships a year just in the 3 counties. The nfl littered with players from this state.
Again likely not afraid but way more than just a little concerned.

I never said they are the best coaches. Just the best that they could get. What is your theory? That Saban and Kirby are going to hire sub par coaches to hurt Miami?

Hiring sub par coaches to hurt a single team, is the dumbest thing you can do, because these teams need all the help they can get to maintain dominance. Its better for them to be at full strength, then to slightly weaken one single team.

Not to mention the fact, that if T Rob and B Mac aren't one of the best coaches available, how is it even hurting us to "poach them"?
my theory
To clarify, you said TVD as in our starting QB is looking at other schools? Or you mean Demarcus Van Dyke is being poached?
dvd, apologies

Advertisement
I never said they are the best coaches. Just the best that they could get. What is your theory? That Saban and Kirby are going to hire sub par coaches to hurt Miami?

Hiring sub par coaches to hurt a single team, is the dumbest thing you can do, because these teams need all the help they can get to maintain dominance. Its better for them to be at full strength, then to slightly weaken one single team.

Not to mention the fact, that if T Rob and B Mac aren't one of the best coaches available, how is it even hurting us to "poach them"?
under your premise that they're not "one of the best coaches" actually makes my point ... they could have pursued better coaches, instead they came to the college that had two good coaches that could recruit, said college is located in a hotbed for talent and just hired a proven coach, and got a billionaire behind them with NIL money ... said position coaches (bmac and trob) have been around, one being in OREGON, one being right up up the road at south carolina and you never had interest ... until they began their careers at miami at THIS moment in time ... if i'm wrong it's a helluva coincidence

and to top it off, said college has an analyst down there making noise too ... his best offers thus far were utah state and fiu ... but we're reportedly interested in him too ... cmon now

under your premise that they're not "one of the best coaches" actually makes my point ... they could have pursued better coaches, instead they came to the college that had two good coaches that could recruit, said college is located in a hotbed for talent and just hired a proven coach, and got a billionaire behind them with NIL money ... said position coaches (bmac and trob) have been around, one being in OREGON, one being right up up the road at south carolina and you never had interest ... until they began their careers at miami at THIS moment in time ... if i'm wrong it's a helluva coincidence

and to top it off, said college has an analyst down there more noise too ... his best offers thus far were utah state and fiu ... but we're reportedly interested in him too ... cmon now
Bama and UGA are getting the best they can get. Its not like UGA is going to just go and start poaching a lot of guys from Bama or vice versa. What is the long game here? THey are just going to keep grabbing our coaches year after year? Your theory makes no sense. If our billionaire is such a big factor. We could out bid Bama and UGA for these coaches. If we really are on the verge of being bigger than Bama and UGA Bmac and T Rob would see that and stay.

When was the last time the 2 best teams in cfb went after our coaches?
Don’t for a second think that Kirby and Saban didn’t call the players that are down here over the past few weeks and asked them “so how was Miami”.

This is a power move that hurts and is plain bad optics. But don’t for a second think that these moves by Bama and uga were not done out of fear of what’s coming. If they had nothing to worry about then why go after dudes that for years were ignored by both schools.
If you want bad sht to happen then it’s better that it happens now then later.
Bmac was barely here and he will be the primary recruiter for sofla as will trob. You can bet in that 100.

So you can say that both teams have shot their load and we’re just starting.

This is all about the 23 class and nothing else. It has nothing to do with development cause both schools have already developed. It’s 100 percent due to recruiting and how good of a recruiter Mario is.
This is true. They know the impact a very good UM program will have on their programs, but they can't keep it up. Mario needs to make a decision. There are some good coaches out their, but he is facing a dilemma he needs to solve immediately.

Advertisement
His wife is a moron. It’s better to have your husband at home than having him out recruiting. BMac had the choice of the top receivers in the country for the next cycle within driving distance and could’ve been home for dinner.

Or she is playing chess

Bama and UGA are getting the best they can get. Its not like UGA is going to just go and start poaching a lot of guys from Bama or vice versa. What is the long game here? THey are just going to keep grabbing our coaches year after year? Your theory makes no sense. If our billionaire is such a big factor. We could out bid Bama and UGA for these coaches. If we really are on the verge of being bigger than Bama and UGA Bmac and T Rob would see that and stay.
good talk ... long game is take away good coaches that can recruit ... both said guys were renowned recruiters in a hotbed, under a proven coach, with money being thrown around ... i'm not suggesting we're on the verge of being bigger than those guys, but i think we both agree than we we get it going, we're gonna be a problem ...

not sure on your opinion on bmac and trob as you've said they're better coaches out there than them, but also said they're the best they (bama and uga) can get ... i would submit these guys are A1 because of coaching and more importantly recruiting ... and most important, it's not a coincidence that when those guys and dvd get under a proven coach suddenly they become prime targets for other teams, when they could have had those guys at any point over the past few years ... why now?

at the time whipple had the offensive looking A1 and it seemed as if we were heading in the right direction ... of course bama not taking bums and stoutland is super legit ... but the game has changed even more since them with tv contracts, nil ... it's not apples to apples comparison

quick question, what's your thought when you hear tvd name being looked at by a big school? earlier he was looking at jobs at fiu and utah state
If DVD or any of our position coaches are being poached by other schools, it is bad. We are in a vulnerable state right now trying to assemble a staff in the face of NSD and trying to improve upon our winning record.

Advertisement
good talk ... long game is take away good coaches that can recruit ... both said guys were renowned recruiters in a hotbed, under a proven coach, with money being thrown around ... i'm not suggesting we're on the verge of being bigger than those guys, but i think we both agree than we we get it going, we're gonna be a problem ...

not sure on your opinion on bmac and trob as you've said they're better coaches out there than them, but also said they're the best they (bama and uga) can get ... i would submit these guys are A1 because of coaching and more importantly recruiting ... and most important, it's not a coincidence that when those guys and dvd get under a proven coach suddenly they become prime targets for other teams, when they could have had those guys at any point over the past few years ... why now?
Bama and UGA can't just go and pick and choose any coach they want. UGA can't go and hire Saban to be their DB coach. So I am saying they are the best available.

You said yourself that these guys are A1 coaches. So the reason they hired them is because they are A1 coaches.

strange move. BMac likely got pushed out as clarity was gained on the OC & staff needs.

Don't care where Bama and UGA are, they'll be seeing us shortly.

Advertisement
UGA, Bama, etc. are going to hire the best coaches that they can get. They aren't going to purposely hire a weaker coach, in order to hurt us. That would be one of the dumbest business decisions any team could possibly do. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
At the same token, Kirby didn’t hire Bmac when he got to UGA and could’ve signed him all these years. The fact he only came after him once Mario brought him to Miami is a little suspicious. Not saying it’s entirely because they’re “scared” but look at the optics. Doesn’t take much To see that

So, Mario’s undisclosed home run hire of an OC refused to share the “Co-OC” title with BMac and BMac was sent packing as a result?

Big if true.
just an uneducated guess because the timing is fishy...

I have a hard time believing Mario is caught off guard, because the timing is not on brand with the people he looks to surround himself with. I get BMac going to UGA, but he could have waited a week and I can't see them forcing him to accept within a specified time-frame. BMac's exit is the opposite of what Mario has let the coaches he has hired do, so I can't see why a guy would do that to him.

So, maybe two OCs and one will be WR coach as well; like a Dorsey and Brady situation.

My sense is there's more to this...like the Dolphins firing Brian Flores the day after the season without knowing who his replacement will be.

This may pave the way for news we've all been waiting to hear...

Last edited:
At the same token, Kirby didn’t hire Bmac when he got to UGA and could’ve signed him all these years. The fact he only came after him once Mario brought him to Miami is a little suspicious. Not saying it’s entirely because they’re “scared” but look at the optics. Doesn’t take much To see that
There are a ton of reasons why that would be the case. Not wanting to keep anyone from a failed staff. Maybe he wasn't a fan of him then and after 6 years of him doing his thing he began to take notice.

Advertisement
Back