The Gattis experiment

canecrazy23

CIS GIF Champion 2021
Should be over at the end of the year. The fact that he can't scheme up something at first and goal is beyond belief. The other problem I had was on the last drive why were we throwing in the middle of the field. Use both sidelines or have TVD throw it out of bounds.

One last thing and this has to do with rules. So we had 56 seconds left and a UNC player fell down hurt. All of a sudden the ref says we have to run off 10 seconds. I was going bananas because why are we getting penalized for their player going down. Terrible rule. I mean a team could just basically do that every play until all the time goes off the clock at the end of games. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Remember when this bat shït crazy porster said👇

Post in thread 'Josh Gattis' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/josh-gattis.176153/post-5784564

"...
I suspect Richt and Dan Penos in the Enos had similar thoughts/experiences. 👇

"How bad can the OL really be?"

After first few practices👇

"They are bad, but we'll coach'em up"

Determined to make the system work that brought them success in the past👇

"Ok, I just know on the next play that relies on the OL, we are going to get success and this train starts rolling..."

👆Long wait on train don't come.....

If Gattis is planning on an effective run game in short yardage for 2022, he runs the risks of having Enos like results....
..."

Gattis is not, nor should he be expected to, change is philosophy in what "got him here".

INSANITY to think otherwise.

His redzone offense is beyond puzzling. It's actually impressive how inefficient he is past the 20. But I will say that it looked like he finally realized that they need to ride Tyler's arm to victory instead of pounding the rock. I know they want to be a physical run first team, but they are not that right now.

Also, that 10 second run off can be declined by the opposing team, which Miami elected to do. So they can't just run the clock down with injuries.

His redzone offense is beyond puzzling. It's actually impressive how inefficient he is past the 20. But I will say that it looked like he finally realized that they need to ride Tyler's arm to victory instead of pounding the rock. I know they want to be a physical run first team, but they are not that right now.

Also, that 10 second run off can be declined by the opposing team, which Miami elected to do. So they can't just run the clock down with injuries.
His plày calling works fine with an average OL.

Miami does not have an average OL. They are putrid in run game.

Wait I'm confused. If we can decline it why did they take the 10 seconds away. It went from 56 to 46.

Advertisement
I'm not sure. Maybe they put the time back on the clock, but I specifically remember the ref saying that Miami has declined the 10 second run off.
I promise the time on the clock read 46 and I was screaming into the air like a lunatic. Hahah

Advertisement
I promise the time on the clock read 46 and I was screaming into the air like a lunatic. Hahah
Wtf I was at the game so didn't notice it actually ran off... That's ridiculous. The coaches need to be on top of that ****.

Also, what happened on our second to last play? It looked like the receiver stepped out of bounds but the clock kept running and forced us to rush.

Wtf I was at the game so didn't notice it actually ran off... That's ridiculous. The coaches need to be on top of that ****.

Also, what happened on our second to last play? It looked like the receiver stepped out of bounds but the clock kept running and forced us to rush.
OMG I was yelling about that as well. His foot goes out before the ref blew the whistle. That was total BS.

OMG I was yelling about that as well. His foot goes out before the ref blew the whistle. That was total BS.
I was only watching on TV, but it appeared that his forward progress was stopped in bounds, and by rule the clock will continue even if you end up out of bounds at the end of the play.

Advertisement
I was only watching on TV, but it appeared that his forward progress was stopped in bounds, and by rule the clock will continue even if you end up out of bounds at the end of the play.
I'm telling you I was watching live and I heard the whistle after his foot stepped out. The ref looked slightly confused at first then ran up to the spot and waves his hands to continue clock. I was perplexed at what I saw.

Advertisement
Also did we not have 57 pass attempts yesterday and mix in tempo and RPO?

Which is what everyone asked for.

So a staff got together and redid their game plan
And philosophy and it because our Oline can’t get push against the worst run defense in the country the OC is trash?

The expectations of porsters on this board are insane at times.

Like did you ever play a sport ever?

**** have you played Uno?

There is never going to be a perfect game called.
Or played.

What you are hoping for is that when the time comes you and your team can make the plays that will win you the game.

Inexcusable coverage bust, Crucial drops, missed blocks, a key fumble, a few plays that of course if you knew they were blitzing you’d call different…

But that is the game.

Advertisement
Back