The gator

I don't care what anyone says. Opting out of bowls, no matter how big the stage, is the ***** *** soft **** this generation is known for. You go out there, you put that uniform on for not only your teammates, but the university that gave you the stage to make your name. If I were a coach, you can bet your *** you wouldn't be sitting on the sidelines during the game either, you can kick rocks as you aren't helping you're out.

Bravo; and last checked....don’t schools make $ off these bowl games?

Advertisement
Fraggle: The Orange Bowl is coming, the Orange Bowl is coming! Everyone hide the children before we’re forced to play the gaytor.

Advertisement
has three losses, us 2 losses, hope no one considers matching us with the gator, not this year especially if Roche, Phillips and Jordan opt out. Not this year please. There defense is mediocre, they have no running attack but they have RESHIRT SENIOR Trask...no thank you!

You're better than this Fraggle. If you have nothing good to say about the gator say it, but anything else is just nonsense.

Go Canes!

Why in the **** that so many players opts out for BOWL GAMES, times have changed. Why please explain it to me

simple

they already know based on their season where they would be drafted at based on the stats. If the stats are good and you're projected high like pitts, no reason to play really. At best you only move up a few spots, at worst something bad happens in the bowl games like 0 catches and you move back a whole round or 2.

the difference is when someone like cam harris isn't even promised to get drafted in the 15th round. That guy should play 2 bowl games if he could because his stock can only go down when it's in the coffin it currently is.

1608614480690.gif

Advertisement
I don't care what anyone says. Opting out of bowls, no matter how big the stage, is the ***** *** soft **** this generation is known for. You go out there, you put that uniform on for not only your teammates, but the university that gave you the stage to make your name. If I were a coach, you can bet your *** you wouldn't be sitting on the sidelines during the game either, you can kick rocks as you aren't helping you're out.
The players want to get paid. A lot of them come from the other side of the tracks. This will probably be their only time in their life to make big money. ***** the rah rah stuff. They want to stay healthy.
(Remember McGahee vs OSU in the championship game. Really busted up his knee. He went on to a great career but he did put his career in jeopardy. Of course, it was a very meaningful game. But still...Why take a chance?)

The players want to get paid. A lot of them come from the other side of the tracks. This will probably be their only time in their life to make big money. ***** the rah rah stuff. They want to stay healthy.
(Remember McGahee vs OSU in the championship game. Really busted up his knee. He went on to a great career but he did put his career in jeopardy. Of course, it was a very meaningful game. But still...Why take a chance?)

You're going back 20 years? Okay, care to name some high profile NFL prospects say in the last decade? Last five years?

I stand by what I said above. McGahee, unfortunate injury, but you can bet he would never sit his *** out. There's a reason old school players like him never did, they had heart and yes, they too had money on the line.

Soft *** generation.

Advertisement
You mean the guy who could have collected a $3 million payout from his university provided insurance policy?

Also, it was the national champiuonship game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bravo; and last checked....don’t schools make $ off these bowl games?
Not sure the rules this year with COVID and empty stadiums but most of the time schools lose money in bowl games. Schools are required to buy their allotment of tickets for the game at ridiculously high prices. Whatever tickets they don’t sell, they have to eat. Unless your team is playing in a huge game or your fans travel extremely well, you’re not selling all the tickets you’re forced to buy. The payout for minor bowls doesn’t come close to covering the costs. UM lost their *** playing in all those half empty, El Paso bowl games. The bowl system it’s self is a scam. It’s designed to line the pockets of bowl committee members while hurting most athletic programs financially. Add to the fact that bowl season is incredibly watered down with 30 something games, most of which are meaningless. I don’t blame players and fans for being apathetic.

has three losses, us 2 losses, hope no one considers matching us with the gator, not this year especially if Roche, Phillips and Jordan opt out. Not this year please. There defense is mediocre, they have no running attack but they have RESHIRT SENIOR Trask...no thank you!
If their D is mediocre after giving up the most points and yards in school history in a championship game then what would be a bad or even terrible D? LOL

Not sure the rules this year with COVID and empty stadiums but most of the time schools lose money in bowl games. Schools are required to buy their allotment of tickets for the game at ridiculously high prices. Whatever tickets they don’t sell, they have to eat. Unless your team is playing in a huge game or your fans travel extremely well, you’re not selling all the tickets you’re forced to buy. The payout for minor bowls doesn’t come close to covering the costs. UM lost their *** playing in all those half empty, El Paso bowl games. The bowl system it’s self is a scam. It’s designed to line the pockets of bowl committee members while hurting most athletic programs financially. Add to the fact that bowl season is incredibly watered down with 30 something games, most of which are meaningless. I don’t blame players and fans for being apathetic.

Wait??? We’ve been talking about bowl payouts for a min on this board....now u’re saying teams actually lose $$?? The Cheez It Bowl paid out $6m last season. The Independence Bowl paid out $2.2m last yr when we played LA Tech.

I’m confused. I’ve literally heard what u posted.

Advertisement
Back