The game day experience last night...

Tweed

Sophomore
Not sure how many of you were in attendance last night, but it was easily the worst game day experience I’ve ever had. (Not blaming anyone in particular) There were security absolutely everywhere from the moment you got out of your car until the moment you sat down telling you to put your mask on. ZERO ATMOSPHERE, I mean zero. The buzz you feel in the air before game time, the energy of the stadium and the fans in the air simply cannot be duplicated artificially. There’s no Canes Walk this year and we can’t even see the kids after the game either, So if you’ve never been to a game at hard rock stadium, I would sit this season out and wait till it’s back at full capacity so you can get a real game day experience.

** maybe it was because it was a Thursday night against UAB. Maybe FSU will better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure how many of you were in attendance last night, but it was easily the worst game day experience I’ve ever had. (Not blaming anyone in particular) There were security absolutely everywhere from the moment you got out of your car until the moment you sat down telling you to put your mask on. ZERO ATMOSPHERE, I mean zero. The buzz you feel in the air before game time, the energy of the stadium and the fans in the air simply cannot be duplicated artificially. There’s no Canes Walk this year and we can’t even see the kids after the game either, So if you’ve never been to a game at hard rock stadium, I would sit this season out and wait till it’s back at full capacity so you can get a real game day experience.
I’m sure it wasn’t great, but they are doing what they have to do to give us a season. Being in a corporate NFL stadium was not going to help that.

I was laughing when they were talking about how they couldn’t agree on pumping in crowd noise. No **** the home team wants it and the road team doesn’t, but I’m sure that didn’t help either.

Advertisement
Boring. Quiet. Different. Use any negative adjective you like, but the fact of the matter is we got to see a Canes game last night when not too long ago that wasn't a given.
Were you in the stadium or did you watch from TV?

Man I was so hyped yesterday I don't even think I noticed how many people there were (or weren't) in the stands. Granted I was watching from Wisconsin on tv, but it was amazing just to have Canes football back.

Were you in the stadium or did you watch from TV?
On TV. Even from that vantage point, it was eerie. I understand what you're saying about it being a different experience. Mine was as well. I was just glad we got to see them play. And tomorrow is not a given.

Advertisement
Yes I am, that’s why I stated that no one was to blame. I know that tickets are harder to come by with such limited numbers being released, so I was just trying to look out for everyone so they didn’t waste money. My apologies.
You don’t want people to “waste” money by going, but you butch about the atmosphere...makes sense.

I was blown away by the crowd noise discussion before the game. How stupid was that rule. Bc the two teams couldn’t agree on how loud, they simply just said no noise? What away team wouldn’t argue until they got none?

The ACC is going to allow it, so I assume there is already a pre determined acceptable level? I assumed since it was a home game, we would play by ACC rules last night. If there isn’t a set level, no game is gonna have any.

On TV. Even from that vantage point, it was eerie. I understand what you're saying about it being a different experience. Mine was as well. I was just glad we got to see them play. And tomorrow is not a given.
You don’t want people to “waste” money by going, but you butch about the atmosphere...makes sense.
My tickets are free sir.

Advertisement
1) i knew even though they announce allowing 13k.. that's how many tickets are avail.. how many of the 13k actually show up and sit in stands?? So our real # is probably around 8-9k
2) hopefully as the season goes, they start to slowly increase that total number.. FSU will be too soon, but maybe by end of season we're at 20-25k allowed.. fingers crossed...

I was blown away by the crowd noise discussion before the game. How stupid was that rule. Bc the two teams couldn’t agree on how loud, they simply just said no noise? What away team wouldn’t argue until they got none?

The ACC is going to allow it, so I assume there is already a pre determined acceptable level? I assumed since it was a home game, we would play by ACC rules last night. If there isn’t a set level, no game is gonna have any.
I was not aware of the crowd noise issue. That’s probably what the biggest issue was for me honestly, because you can hear everything in the stadium that was happening.

I was not aware of the crowd noise issue. That’s probably what the biggest issue was for me honestly, because you can hear everything in the stadium that was happening.

When I heard it on the broadcast I was dumbfounded. Of course UAB couldn’t come to an agreement, why would they.

It really sucks honestly. We have to find a way to create our own energy. Manny hasn’t shown that ability in over a year yet.

Advertisement

** maybe it was because it was a Thursday night against UAB. Maybe FSU will better.
Security did their jobs. People who aren't able to wear a mask are soft.

Yes I am, that’s why I stated that no one was to blame. I know that tickets are harder to come by with such limited numbers being released, so I was just trying to look out for everyone so they didn’t waste money. My apologies.
Ignore these simpletons

I wonder why the other 5k tickets that were sold weren't used? Place looked empty. They should go ahead and up the allowable capacity amount on **** games understanding 50% won't show. Also why did they have to agree on crowd noise? You are either allowed to pipe it in or you are not. Set a volume level and go.

Advertisement
Back