The Future of College Football

We can’t have it both ways at this point. The box has been opened.

If you want a free market for players and unlimited coaches and scholarships then there is no end to the money it will take to compete. There will be 6 schools with everything and everyone will get scraps. The college football I grew up loving is gone and won’t even look the same.

If you want something like what was around 10 years ago with some parity, a cap on payments to players, and a “level playing field” then you need the NCAA to govern this thing the way they should have been doing.

Ruiz isn’t going to be a cash cow for Miami forever. The fact is we can’t compete financially with schools that have the boosters and fan bases of Ohio St and Bama.

Enjoy this ride we are about to take because I’m not sure what this sport looks like in 5 years.
Hope eventually Ruiz gets help and isn't the only one helping miami.There was some smoke a few weeks back about us getting news about other miami boosters doing similar to Ruiz but nothing has been announced.Don't know if it was the same as Ruiz or a collective.

Advertisement
One step closer to the end of the NCAA. This organization is dying and getting smaller. Its enforcement capabilities are also eroding.
But for the NCAA tournament the NCAA as an organization would cease to exist since that is how it makes the majority of its money.

I think the fears of schools like Bama hoarding 200-300 players are overblown. These players have been stars their entire lives and we are supposed to believe they will just be content to go sit on a bench for 4 years just because they’re getting paid? Maybe for a few but the majority of these guys are competitors who want to play and contribute.

That may have worked before NIL and transfer portal but why sit when you can go somewhere else play and get paid? It’s not like Bama wasn’t paying players and they just had 22 guys hit the portal after last season.
Kids still need to play to reach the NFL. Hard to do when you are 12th on a depth chart.
The death knell of player hoarding is the transfer portal. Bama can sign 50 players but half will transfer after 1-2 years, so who really cares.

The first requirement for saving CFB is getting all teams and conferences on the same page. The sport as a whole is ruined as long as the Power 5 conferences view one another as competition in business, rather than just on the field. 32 NFL owners all realize the health of the league depends on the

The second requirement is collective player representation. I realize that's unpopular among many here but now that players can earn money off the field I believe the only way to rules and regulations is giving the players a seat at the table. Otherwise decisions are being made by everyone except those impacted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back