The future is now -- just hopefully with a new coach next season..

k9cane

Senior
- Tough loss, not heartbreaking. Honestly, at this point UM loses too often for it to feel all that bad anymore.

- Guys fought hard till the end. But you still saw the real issues with a Manny Diazster coached squad(tackling especially)

- But the biggest takeaway from me is once again the youth stepped up. Many of them flashed, guys like Rooster(who should be the base of this offense and get at least 15-20 touches off some sort a game) Keyshawn Smith, Keontra Smith, Kichens, James Williams, X, etc. Whoever this next coach is wont have an empty cupboard. Sorry, but these upperclassmen are what they are

- As for TVD again, got better in the 2nd half. But still too inaccurate, and for a tall QB gets a lot of passes deflected. But Lashlee keeps calling that RPO and we're just not good at that. IN my view, early in games, we need to get guys like Rooster and Brashard Smith involved with easy short passes to get TVD into an early groove with easy completions.

Still think Jake Garcia is our future

- Am I nuts for thinking Miami is just better off going more 'Air Raid' and less of that inside-read(which we didn't see much off today)

- Tackling was terrible. One more time -- you play the way your practice. And Diaz's soft easy practices breed this kind of stuff. Sam Howell was emasculating our defenders at times. It was embarrassing to see

- One last thing I noticed, when Howell scored that last TD, and the UNC guys were jawing and surrounding James Williams, why weren't our guys over there to lend a helping hand. THere was a time long ago, when you started something with one of our players, you started it with all our guys. Those little things really stand out to me in terms of what this team is under Diaz.

- Anyways, going next week to the NCState game. I still dont know why, lol

-

Advertisement
- Tough loss, not heartbreaking. Honestly, at this point UM loses too often for it to feel all that bad anymore.

- Guys fought hard till the end. But you still saw the real issues with a Manny Diazster coached squad(tackling especially)

- But the biggest takeaway from me is once again the youth stepped up. Many of them flashed, guys like Rooster(who should be the base of this offense and get at least 15-20 touches off some sort a game) Keyshawn Smith, Keontra Smith, Kichens, James Williams, X, etc. Whoever this next coach is wont have an empty cupboard. Sorry, but these upperclassmen are what they are

- As for TVD again, got better in the 2nd half. But still too inaccurate, and for a tall QB gets a lot of passes deflected. But Lashlee keeps calling that RPO and we're just not good at that. IN my view, early in games, we need to get guys like Rooster and Brashard Smith involved with easy short passes to get TVD into an early groove with easy completions.

- Am I nuts for thinking Miami is just better off going more 'Air Raid' and less of that inside-read(which we didn't see much off today)

- Tackling was terrible. One more time -- you play the way your practice. And Diaz's soft easy practices breed this kind of stuff. Sam Howell was emasculating our defenders at times. It was embarrassing to see

- One last thing I noticed, when Howell scored that last TD, and the UNC guys were jawing and surrounding James Williams, why weren't our guys over there to lend a helping hand. THere was a time long ago, when you started something with one of our players, you started it with all our guys. Those little things really stand out to me in terms of what this team is under Diaz.

-
Me too bro. It’s my last game for the season though. Waiting for season Tix rep to call me to renew with 2022 season. I will laugh.

Great analysis as usual!

I actually felt that our OL played a decent game, or at least decent for them.

I did see good things in TVD. Strong arm, he seems to keep his cool and he is FAR more mobile than most gave him credit for.

The need to let Manny go. 2-4 is unacceptable and most importantly, we've seen NOTHING that makes us think he will improve the team.

((One last thing I noticed, when Howell scored that last TD, and the UNC guys were jawing and surrounding James Williams, why weren't our guys over there to lend a helping hand. THere was a time long ago, when you started something with one of our players, you started it with all our guys. Those little things really stand out to me in terms of what this team is under Diaz.))

This^^^^^^

Last edited:
Advertisement

-
Williams is one of those old fashioned guys. He gave Howell a beautiful, is possibly unnecessary hit at the end of the TD run. Let Howell flex but he felt and remembered that hit.

Most of the players on our DEFENSE are SOFT.

In fact the team but i fully didnt expect any body to do anything of the sorts to back up James.

**** I still remember the brawls we got into with South Carolina, San Diego St( I was at both of them!!), Colorado there was a real brotherhood and code that was kept by our guys

Now... ehhhh...

Advertisement
I said the same **** about Williams in the end zone

I said why is Williams the only one over there?

Where’s the dogs? Why are we letting UNC talk so much ****?

J, we have a bunch of guys who only care about themselves(their stats, highlights, social media clips etc) but its not a brotherhood that we have. That's the thing that I really hate/disrespect about this current program. There was a time when if one guy was disrespected on the field, we had guys coming over to protect that guy. Trust me, as a Miami Hurricane nerd, Ive literally seen every play of UM football the last 35 years(and I dont regret it one bit, lol), and we had some real soldiers who lived by a code. That even if you were wrong and started it, you were going to be protected.

Honestly it was inspiring to see, the loyalty our guys had to one another. Im lucky enough to have gotten to know many of these individuals. They bled for the U in more ways than people could imagine.

Yeah, I know all this sounds corny. But I know it matters.

I miss the days of our renegades coming off the plane in fatigues because I know that there was some real substance and meaning behind it

Last edited:

-
"Tackling was terrible. One more time -- you play the way your practice. And Diaz's soft easy practices breed this kind of stuff. Sam Howell was emasculating our defenders at times. It was embarrassing to see"

insane that a defensive coach has soft easy practices.

"Tackling was terrible. One more time -- you play the way your practice. And Diaz's soft easy practices breed this kind of stuff. Sam Howell was emasculating our defenders at times. It was embarrassing to see"

insane that a defensive coach has soft easy practices.

When you have a soft coach that is concerned about wanting to be liked, well... this is what you get

This was one of my biggest concerns about hiring a guy who had never been the CEO before. I just dont think UM is a place where you learn on the job

Football is a rough, tough, violent game. Everyone understands what they are getting into. Just like boxing or any other combat sport -- it's physical and brutal. Yet 'the Nanny' Diaz wants to act like the cool camp counselor. GTFO with that junk

IT's time to get a real football coach in there, if not, a great one. Because that would be a steep upgrade

Advertisement
Good post.

Like you, I want Garcia and hope he's the answer.

TVD is not a long term solution. There are no easy passes for him due to his delivery. Slow delivery and with his release point literally being well under 6 feet, there's no easy spot on the field for him to hit reliably.

Good post.

Like you, I want Garcia and hope he's the answer.

TVD is not a long term solution. There are no easy passes for him due to his delivery. Slow delivery and with his release point literally being well under 6 feet, there's no easy spot on the field for him to hit reliably.

TVD in my view is a more athletic, better version of Frank Costa.

Yeah, he got better in the 2nd half, but he left a lot of plays on the table, too.

TVD in my view is a more athletic, better version of Frank Costa.

Yeah, he got better in the 2nd half, but he left a lot of plays on the table, too.

He reminds me of how in the mid to late part of this century, you would hold your breath with every attempted pass we made. He has some good throws, but then an equal amount of bad throws.

That ball exit height and slow *** sidearm delivery is horrendous though. It will eliminate any throwing lanes in the middle as everybody we face will have a point of emphasis on getting their hands up on the DL. Yes, teams are taught that, but it becomes less of an issue to get to the QB, just get your arms up.

Then there's his down the field ball. It's simple physics when looping a ball up like that, it's going to hit its peak and drop. It loses velocity on the way up. You also can't control it all that well with a sidearm motion as your hand is opening and releasing, with it dragging off your palm somewhat.

I hate this young man's mechanics. They should've been fixed from day one.

Advertisement
He reminds me of how in the mid to late part of this century, you would hold your breath with every attempted pass we made. He has some good throws, but then an equal amount of bad throws.

That ball exit height and slow *** sidearm delivery is horrendous though. It will eliminate any throwing lanes in the middle as everybody we face will have a point of emphasis on getting their hands up on the DL. Yes, teams are taught that, but it becomes less of an issue to get to the QB, just get your arms up.

Then there's his down the field ball. It's simple physics when looping a ball up like that, it's going to hit its peak and drop. It loses velocity on the way up. You also can't control it all that well with a sidearm motion as your hand is opening and releasing, with it dragging off your palm somewhat.

I hate this young man's mechanics. They should've been fixed from day one.

Defenses have now figured out ways to mitigate the RPO with the technique you listed. And TVD with his elongated release is not built for this type of style of play

Again, moving forward, I really believe that this offense has to be Rooster-based, and then build off of their...

Advertisement
Back