The FSU loss

Advertisement
Was a bad loss but come on, that is a mightly long list of "worst loss" in the last decade and a half and I dont think this one makes that list. UVA to close out the OB? Shannon loss to lowly USF? Golden loss to Duke? Clemson 58-0? That OU game in Shannon's first year? 45-17 at home to FSU which basically jumped started their recent run? Golden opening up with a L against a Maryland team that ended up with 2 wins all year (Miami and Towson) and they basically ran one play the entire game.

So just ignore that we were ranked in the top 10 with a new HC, record season ticket sales, new stadium, tons of momentum, the chance to FINALLY beat our arch rival?

13-3 we are driving ready to bury them and everyone's hero Kaka throws one of the worst int's you can ever imagine. One of the few times he actually had a clean pocket as well.

I have figured what we need to do in order to have 1 loss regular seasons...

Schedule FSU for the last game of the year.

Was a bad loss but come on, that is a mightly long list of "worst loss" in the last decade and a half and I dont think this one makes that list. UVA to close out the OB? Shannon loss to lowly USF? Golden loss to Duke? Clemson 58-0? That OU game in Shannon's first year? 45-17 at home to FSU which basically jumped started their recent run? Golden opening up with a L against a Maryland team that ended up with 2 wins all year (Miami and Towson) and they basically ran one play the entire game.

So just ignore that we were ranked in the top 10 with a new HC, record season ticket sales, new stadium, tons of momentum, the chance to FINALLY beat our arch rival?

Let's say they beat FSU then go out and lay an egg against UNC, VT and ND. Would the UNC loss instantly become "The worst loss in program history"?

Advertisement
Stands out as one of the worst losses in modern UM history.

Night game at home. Miami favored. FSU reeling. Miami with a halftime lead. And Miami gets a giant L for the 7th time in a row. That was the type of game that FSU has always lost to Miami and why we've always been Miami. That was such a horrific loss there aren't words to describe it. I was terrified after that game and the past three weeks have only confirmed my fears. I still cannot believe that Miami lost that game.

Over the last 4 weeks, there's been plenty of blame to go around. I think the FSU game was an example where the majority of the blame falls on the game plan, lack of adjustments and overall approach of the coaching staff. Part of this perspective was confirmed by watching the offense adjust to the exact problems - almost exclusively run inside, pass outside, avoid deep middle - incrementally over the last few weeks.

Given the match ups, our relative health in that one game, the fact many sought validation of hope (for our program) and FSU's overall state at the time, it was a horrific loss. I didn't get over that 2014 FSU loss for a while. This one will take longer, though at least I'm comfortably numb at this point.

Depinga. See some of you on Saturday.

Night game at home. Miami favored. FSU reeling. Miami with a halftime lead. And Miami gets a giant L for the 7th time in a row. That was the type of game that FSU has always lost to Miami and why we've always been Miami. That was such a horrific loss there aren't words to describe it. I was terrified after that game and the past three weeks have only confirmed my fears. I still cannot believe that Miami lost that game.

Over the last 4 weeks, there's been plenty of blame to go around. I think the FSU game was an example where the majority of the blame falls on the game plan, lack of adjustments and overall approach of the coaching staff. Part of this perspective was confirmed by watching the offense adjust to the exact problems - almost exclusively run inside, pass outside, avoid deep middle - incrementally over the last few weeks.

Given the match ups, our relative health in that one game, the fact many sought validation of hope (for our program) and FSU's overall state at the time, it was a horrific loss. I didn't get over that 2014 FSU loss for a while. This one will take longer, though at least I'm comfortably numb at this point.

The highlight of this season no doubt was hearing your **** voice on the Unibrow pordcast.

I saved it and listen to it often, to help keep me moist.

Let's say Miami makes the PAT and goes on wins in OT. Does that win change the fact that this team is still far from what we are used to? Would it have made the OL better? Would we have beaten UNC, VT, or ND? To me, winning that game would have been fools gold. Miami is nowhere close to where they need to be and thats why they lost to FSU. We've been finding ways to lose for over a decade now.

Advertisement
And they beat us 4 times this year... Need to schedule them last until otherwise...

Bull****. Players have NOT given up (unlike the Golden years) after the FSU loss. Players are still playing hard. We lost 4 games because we suck on Offense (looking at CMR) and lack depth.

Lu you Cuban?

Advertisement

Lu you Cuban?

Yep.

Worst FSU team in a decade playing a bunch of 2nd stringers and a banged up True Freshman QB.

Somehow Mark Richt'ofrio made their awful defense look like the 2000 Ravens

Advertisement
It's most definitely one of our worst losses ever when you consider the circumstances and how we lost.

there is witchcraft going on in tally

mark my words, you'll find out soon

Advertisement
Back