The forgotten DT Ahmad Moten

Hstokes1447

Junior
With all of the talk about not having a big body DT on this roster, why isn’t anyone talking about Ahmad Moten? He is 6-3 325 going into his second season. I do believe Miami needs to add an upperclassmen NT from the portal, but Moten should be able to be in the rotation and contribute this season. Remember Jackson was only a second year player last season, same as Moten will be this season.

Advertisement
With all of the talk about not having a big body DT on this roster, why isn’t anyone talking about Ahmad Moten? He is 6-3 325 going into his second season. I do believe Miami needs to add an upperclassmen NT from the portal, but Moten should be able to be in the rotation and contribute this season. Remember Jackson was only a second year player last season, same as Moten will be this season.

He hasn’t played that’s why, maybe he can fill the #2 NT/ Big DT role. But maybe he doesn’t, no matter if he can fill the #2 NT role, we are still in dire need of a true 300+ DT that can take doubles.

Advertisement
Molten and Horton should both be allowed to play in 2023 so they do not get upset and decide to transfer like Allen Haye. Not that I think Haye is a significant loss, but it's clear through two cycles that this staff covets mature transfer DTs.

Moten is a player to be excited about in the future. And hopefully he is ready when his number is called this year. But I believe it is a big ask to expect a first or second year player to contribute at NT. It's generally not a position where youth gets rewarded.

Advertisement
1676655047691.png

Advertisement
Molten and Horton should both be allowed to play in 2023 so they do not get upset and decide to transfer like Allen Haye. Not that I think Haye is a significant loss, but it's clear through two cycles that this staff covets mature transfer DTs.

This makes zero sense. We started both Taylor and Jackson as second years. Why wouldn't we start Moten as a second year if he is good enough?

Moten is a player to be excited about in the future. And hopefully he is ready when his number is called this year. But I believe it is a big ask to expect a first or second year player to contribute at NT. It's generally not a position where youth gets rewarded.

That's why I was so excited about Jackson. The kid held up incredibly well despite being a young second year player. I expect him to take a big step forward this year. So ****ed it's with the Semenholes. ... Moten has real potential. But I agree I don't want to rush him. We rushed his brother and he topped out. We need a portal NG who can contribute at a high level.

Advertisement
If he's the real deal, now is the year to show us what he's got. Should have ample opportunity at snaps and more if he produces. Nobody around to keep him off the field but himself.

If he's the real deal, now is the year to show us what he's got. Should have ample opportunity at snaps and more if he produces. Nobody around to keep him off the field but himself.
Are you saying this out of desperation or do you really believe it? He’ll be a redshirt freshman, it’s still early for a significant contribution at what’s a “grown man’s” position.

Who

Advertisement
Back