The Forgotten 2014 Recruits

Advertisement
Owens,Gayot, & Hester...guys that are too slow to play Safety at the College level, but have big enough frames to pack on weight, and make that move to LB. Doesn't that formula sound familiar...

Owens,Gayot, & Hester...guys that are too slow to play Safety at the College level, but have big enough frames to pack on weight, and make that move to LB. Doesn't that formula sound familiar...

Hester is a safety all the way here

I like Mike Smith. He's going to need some development so he can become a more complete player. He was a 53 end at The West. There's not much sophistication to that position. He seems very active; good motor. He's fast twitch kind of kid, with good coordination that can succeed in multiple roles on the edge.

Above all that--he's a deadhead. I like dreadheads.

I like Mike Smith. He's going to need some development so he can become a more complete player. He was a 53 end at The West. There's not much sophistication to that position. He seems very active; good motor. He's fast twitch kind of kid, with good coordination that can succeed in multiple roles on the edge.

I think this guy and Owens could do damage on the outside. They're good at getting to the QB, keep it simple and let them do that.

Advertisement

I think this guy and Owens could do damage on the outside. They're good at getting to the QB, keep it simple and let them do that.

Owens is my favorite in the class. Been saying he's going to be the best one for a very long time--we'll see about that. He's a killer, with ridiculous athleticism. He played F$ at times during his HS career! He has tremendous body lean on pass rush; he's able to accelerate through the T's block. He has ball skills. He's great in space. It's remarkable that we were able to take him from that area of Florida. He's going to be great for us at Sam. After he develops a bit more, we might be able to stay in base during nickel situations. That's a HUGE advantage these days.

Advertisement
Back