The Fight....

Agreed but NCST was 4-2 and playing at home. If King chooses to score at the end we win by 10 and cover the spread. We pretty much are who Vegas thinks we are. An above average team that sometimes struggles against average teams and sometimes blows them out.
Honestly don't care what Vegas thinks... They ain't on the field fighting... Our Canes are....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure I can give the whole “team” credit for this. There is/was a LOT of quit out there last night. Ivey, I’m just not sure what he’s doing most of the time. Cam mailed it in on a bunch of plays last night specifically on the play fake that he could’ve blocked the blitzer that almost killed King instead just stood there. The whole D looked like they mailed it in on that one drive for their last TD.
Phillips and Roche disappeared completely for most of the game, though Phillips did have a solid game, it was far from a dominant performance.
Couch made a great play late for the sack. And the couple big stops Nests made there weren’t many “plays” made by the D last night. Heck, even the pick was a drop by them. We missed the other two opportunities we had to get picks.
Im happy with the win. But one of these nights someone is going to put their foot down on us and we will not only lose but get worked. And we may not recover for another win if/when it happens. I’m hoping we can grind out a win next week. It will be a tough game for sure. Tech should end up ranked if they can beat Liberty today.

Advertisement
**** on this team if you want but 6-1 is 6-1 so idgaf about the stipulations that you all want to put on every victory, as long as they are victories. Some of you seem to forget that less than a year ago, we lost to 2 G5’s, while barely beating another, during a 6-7 season. But now you demand weekly dominance. We ain’t there yet. But we are winning and that’s a huge step in the right direction.

All I need is for us to keep racking up Ws, close on our class/improve the team’s talent level through recruiting then do it again next year at an even higher level, rinse and repeat. Wins are wins. No one is going to give a **** that their backup started when looking at this season in retrospect.

“Fans” like you crack me up as if you are above enjoying a victory bc of this, that and the next. I’m not far enough removed from the past 15 years to take a conference road victory that improves us to 6-1 for granted. But do you.
THANK YOU!! Some of the fans here don't know what they want, they angry Win/Lose... 6-1 is 6-1 we WINNING and I love it.. A lot of teams out there are losing in these type of games, it's like ppl on here haven't been watching CFB since week1 this season is wild and teams are losing BUT MIAMI CONTINUES TO WIN but that isn't enough!! 6-1 BABBYYYY

**** on this team if you want but 6-1 is 6-1 so idgaf about the stipulations that you all want to put on every victory, as long as they are victories. Some of you seem to forget that less than a year ago, we lost to 2 G5’s, while barely beating another, during a 6-7 season. But now you demand weekly dominance. We ain’t there yet. But we are winning and that’s a huge step in the right direction.

All I need is for us to keep racking up Ws, close on our class/improve the team’s talent level through recruiting then do it again next year at an even higher level, rinse and repeat. Wins are wins. No one is going to give a **** that their backup started when looking at this season in retrospect.

“Fans” like you crack me up as if you are above enjoying a victory bc of this, that and the next. I’m not far enough removed from the past 15 years to take a conference road victory that improves us to 6-1 for granted. But do you.
You know...he does have a point guys. Not to get too far ahead but say we finish this thing...at 11-2 with a NY6 Bowl game win. There won't be one PEEP of "underachiever" or "but we went down to the wire on the road vs NCST back in Nov"....so let's enjoy our kids learning how to win and praise them for their toughness and determination because frankly they put on a show in front of a national audience last night. #BeatVaTech

Advertisement
Somehow I think people must remember last season differently than I do, I could have Sworn we went 6-7 last year. People on here make it seem like we’re coming off a championship season, and us going 6-1 isn’t good enough lol.
SOME PPL HAS TO MUCH EXPECTATION.. They expect for Miami to be this super team, but we just not a that level yet.. This roster is not loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, this roster is an above average roster with a lot of young talent we have some 3 year player's that are new to getting major playing time.. We do complain about some of the starters, but honestly we don't have the for sure talent behind them to bench them SO WE JUST HAVE TO ROLL WITH THEM REGARDLESS, ppl on here want Miami to just dominate games when HONESTLY our Canes aren't set up for that YET.

If (when) we do lose again, this team will fold quicker than a cheap suit. They aren’t mentally tough. It’s awesome that they willed together the come from behind win in the 4th and showed that progress, but there are still several signs of mental weakness that continue to be displayed.

Not taking away from the fight as it was a dog fight to win along with a few others this year. But let's be honest here. It's not so much about the team not giving up or perhaps giving up in the past....it's about QB, QB, QB, QB, QB play....the importance of...without King and this is the same ole, same ole Canes....
I AGREE.. This is why we need this guy to stay all his years he can!! This is the will power we need from our QB, HOPEFULLY that grows on the team.. We just need him here another year, keep the QB behind learning and watching him.. U COULD BE RIGHT, but our team fight behind him because the defense came out and made some big stops late to give King the opportunity to be KING!!

Advertisement
NC State were celebrating like they won before halftime.

Their kicker was celebrating like he had just scored the winning FG in the Super Bowl.

We usually lose games like this on the road. Glad to see we did have the intestinal fortitude and fought our way to victory.

I do not care how anyone else spins it. We got the job done. And I hope we do it again next week.
THANK YOU... This is the thing our Canes got punch and then rushed, BUT had the "Rocky" in them they just kept fighting and finally they drop them!!

You know...he does have a point guys. Not to get too far ahead but say we finish this thing...at 11-2 with a NY6 Bowl game win. There won't be one PEEP of "underachiever" or "but we went down to the wire on the road vs NCST back in Nov"....so let's enjoy our kids learning how to win and praise them for their toughness and determination because frankly they put on a show in front of a national audience last night. #BeatVaTech
7-1 is the next step.. Enjoy the W, **** Bama had 40 points put on their head against Ole Miss it happens, **** look at the national champs.. It's all about WINNING at the end of the day.. Our Canes improve to 6-1 IF we finish the season with 1 lose but WIN every game the we have been WINNING it oh f'in well, I'm happy!!

If (when) we do lose again, this team will fold quicker than a cheap suit. They aren’t mentally tough. It’s awesome that they willed together the come from behind win in the 4th and showed that progress, but there are still several signs of mental weakness that continue to be displayed.
MAN if any of what you speaking of is true NO WAY Miami would've won last night.. This WIN showed that they are mentally tough, teams in the past weren't mentally tough and got beat by FAU and La Tech.. I'm sorry boss I have to disagree, this team definitely has flaws and needs a lot of improving but not being mentally tough is one of them..

Fans like you crack me up that you could care less how awful your team plays as long as they get the win, as if you can’t see the underlying tumor, but you aren’t dead, so it’s all good. This ain’t the NFL. At the end of the day, nobodies gonna remember this seasons record whether, it’s 10-2, 9-3, whatever. Just keep sucking but keep winning what? We still will get curb stomped again by Clemson. It’s the improvement that’s actually important. That’s what we want to see, yet we are still are poorly coached, as our endless penalties confirm. Our record is a false flag.

Advertisement
Back