The fact (that so many **** on a coach like Mario shows how entitled and spoiled you are)

Well go read Oregon threads and boards.. They have the same complaints about coaching as we do with Diaz and Co... My thing is if you bring in Kiffin right now with this offensive roster, AND THAT QB ROOM it's plug, play, Improve and win now. Or with Mario it's change the whole system to run the ball 85% of the time with a roster that can't run the ball. Plus Kiffin at Miami brings major buzz to the fan base and they will want to show up and see the games. If the rumors are true and Kiffin would leave Ole Miss for Miami and we don't take him up on that? We are crazy. But hey. The most safe play and hope for the best is Mario? Maybe. But the let's go right now with this roster is Kiffin all day for me...

Advertisement
I’m on the Mario camp because he’s a legitimate big time recruiter. If he can do that as well here with the athletes down here, it should be a huge advantage. I like Lane, but he’s always looking for the next job as soon as he arrives at the new one…. It’ll be the same here. Whereas if Mario is the right guy, he could be here a while.
All of our recent coaches have recruited almost exactly the same. So will the next one.

No one can make recruits ignore bad losses. To make the next step in recruiting a coach needs to stop losing to inferior opponents.

Mario has lost two times this year to less talented teams.

Imagine calling a Miami fan who has sat through the last 18 years of bad coaching and bad football spoiled. All because they dare to critique a coach who consistently has his team playing below their alleged talent level. If you don't GTFO here with all that
You dont know who you're talking to. How many games you play?

Advertisement
4 out of the last 5 hires have been complete dumpster fires (excluding richt and including coker) so YEAH we have the right to be picky about who our next coach is.

this hire is the most important one in forever especailly with all the heat on our administration and the AD being fired. This will sink us further or bring us from the depths of mediocrity.

Mario's resume has a lot to be desired and it's OKAY for us to not be thrilled with how he **** the bed tonight.

4 out of the last 5 hires have been complete dumpster fires (excluding richt and including coker) so YEAH we have the right to be picky about who our next coach is.

this hire is the most important one in forever especailly with all the heat on our administration and the AD being fired. This will sink us further or bring us from the depths of mediocrity.

Mario's resume has a lot to be desired and it's OKAY for us to not be thrilled with how he **** the bed tonight.
# of those coaches were 1st time head coaches (Coker, Shannon, Diaz) and Golden only had experience at Temple. The next coach must have P5 head coacing experience

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty much with expectations of this fan base.

I'll just reiterate what I said before, I would be happy with either Mario or Lane (or Stoops) . However, when I look at our offensive potential, I want to see what the offensive guru can do. Seeing how Justin Herbert is fairing in the NFL makes me wonder if Mario managed to get the most out of his potential. TVD is doing things no ACC QB has done in the last 15 years. And that time frame includes Winston, Sunshine, and Watson.

I'll put it this way, how did a corch like Ed O win a title? He caught lightning in a bottle with an elite QB and an elite OC. This may surprise you, but do you know what UMs defense ranked in 2019? #13 in total D, #23 scoring D. National champ LSU? #31 total D, #31 scoring D. By most metrics, Diaz's defense was statistically better than Arandas. However, on the flip side, LSU blew away every team in most offensive categories. Fact is, it's a lot easier to win big and win fast in cfb now with an elite offense. We got extraordinarily lucky with TVD, just like LSU got lucky with a 3rd string transfer from Ohio State. Remember, everyone assumed TVD would transfer after Garcia won the job next season (and we also never see TVD this season if King doesn't get hurt). If we hadn't seen TVD, and we'd struggled on O all season like we did early on with King , and we needed to rebuild from the ground up on both sides of the ball , I wouldn't hesitate to bring in Mario.

But now that I've seen the potential on O and the QB we have , I want to go all in with an offensive mind - someone like Freeze, Herman, or Kiffin. Obviously Freeze is out given the recruiting violations, coke and hookers. That leaves Herman and Kiffin. One of those two is openly lobbying for the job. That's why I'm ready to see the Lane Train. I'm not going to crap on Mario, I just think Kiffin has a better chance to do something special with TVD in 2022 and 2023 than Cristobal.

Advertisement
View attachment 162220
Stanford’s record after beating Oregon leaves a lot more questions than answers for Mario wouldn’t you agree?
Your digging at Mario hard but when Diaz was shutting the bed here all was ok. That **** weird to me. I get u like someone more than the other but one loss doesn't make him bad. He has them in the playoff Convo yearly I'll take that. Top five classes yearly I'll take that right now.

I'll just reiterate what I said before, I would be happy with either Mario or Lane (or Stoops) . However, when I look at our offensive potential, I want to see what the offensive guru can do. Seeing how Justin Herbert is fairing in the NFL makes me wonder if Mario managed to get the most out of his potential. TVD is doing things no ACC QB has done in the last 15 years. And that time frame includes Winston, Sunshine, and Watson.

I'll put it this way, how did a corch like Ed O win a title? He caught lightning in a bottle with an elite QB and an elite OC. This may surprise you, but do you know what UMs defense ranked in 2019? #13 in total D, #23 scoring D. National champ LSU? #31 total D, #31 scoring D. By most metrics, Diaz's defense was statistically better than Arandas. However, on the flip side, LSU blew away every team in most offensive categories. Fact is, it's a lot easier to win big and win fast in cfb now with an elite offense. We got extraordinarily lucky with TVD, just like LSU got lucky with a 3rd string transfer from Ohio State. Remember, everyone assumed TVD would transfer after Garcia won the job next season (and we also never see TVD this season if King doesn't get hurt). If we hadn't seen TVD, we'd struggled on O all season like we did early on with King , and we needed to rebuild from the ground up on both sides of the ball , I wouldn't hesitate to bring Mario.

But now that I've seen the potential on O and the QB we have , I want to go all in with an offensive mind - someone like Freeze, Herman, or Kiffin. Obviously Freeze is out given the recruiting violations, coke and hookers. That leaves Herman and Kiffin. One of those two is openly lobbying for the job. That's why I'm ready to see the Lane Train.
Honestly I'd rather have Freeze than Kiffin. My opinion, both would be fun to watch but the shine would wear off quickly. Mario believes in winning upfront which isn't as flashy but brings lasting success... All Ive heard around here is the how ****** our line play is and the lack of recruiting, now we have the potential of landing a top tier coach and recruiter, and we're second guessing ourself. Look around besides hiring Meyer there isn't a sure fire option. LSU, USC and the likes dont know what the **** to do. We can have one but not both.

Honestly I'd rather have Freeze than Kiffin. My opinion, both would be fun to watch but the shine would wear off quickly. Mario believes in winning upfront which isn't as flashy but brings lasting success... All Ive heard around here is the how ****** our line play is and the lack of recruiting, now we have the potential of landing a top tier coach and recruiter, and we're second guessing ourself. Look around besides hiring Meyer there isn't a sure fire option. LSU, USC and the likes dont know what the **** to do. We can have one but not both.

Fair enough, but why did his both his OL and DL line just get pushed around by Utah? This wasn't some "fluke loss" like to 1 win Oregon St last year, this was showtime on a national stage. He was on the inside track to the playoffs. The fact that #24 Utah was a 3.5 pt favorite against #4 Oregon tells you that the wise guys thought Oregon was a paper tiger and they weren't impressed with the wins. Cristobal has been there long enough that the OL and DL are all his recruits and have been through his S&C program. Utah got bullied by San Diego St (gave up 204 yards) earlier this season so they aren't some secret juggernaut.

What you are saying about Cristobal- he's a top recruiter, he builds the trenches, etc is the nearly the exact same thing that was said about Richt. Richt wanted to build a SEC OL, except the problem is Bama and the bag schools were still taking the best OL even with Richts super recruiter status, and we ended up with a SEC-lite OL that tried to play like SEC linemen, but without nearly as much talent.

Advertisement
Back