The facade of amateur athletes ends with this

Go Canes!!

Leading the charge
Premium
Just imagine when a coach can tell Johnny 5 Star he promises 250,000 t-shirts with his name on it will be sold the day after he signs.

No more bags, just completely legal merchandising guarantees.

Forget “Respect my decision”, the new catch phrase will be “Promoting my brand.”.

Advertisement
Anything that ends the bag game is good with me. I always thought it was BS that teams sold jerseys of players and the players didn't get a cut. Then they "fix" it by simply not allowing them to be sold. A better idea is to sell the merch and let the players have a cut. Some kids flame out and never make it in the pros, so this income could really make a difference in their lives.

Advertisement
Good.

Free market capitalism 101, Supply & Demand.

If 10 year old kids can make money from YouTube by just doing videos, then young adult athletes should be able to profit from licensing their image & likeness.

This is really the game-changer.

Paying kids based on some NCAA revenue model does make them paid athletes, and employees.

Having the kids sign merchandising contracts is directly correlated to their level of stardom. And it doesn't make them employees, as the pay is not based on them being on the team. It's based on the following they generate, and maintain.

Makes all the sense in the world.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But everyone be clear ...

This. Won't. Eliminate. Boosters.

Because the merchandising revenue will be taxed! Booster benefits are not.

Can’t imag Zion risking potential millions in legal revenue when he signs a Nike deal for his Duke jersey rights by taking an illegal bag.

Isn’t this the basis of Ed Obanon’s lawsuit? Anyone think this is down low play by the ncaa to end the litigation without taking an L?

Advertisement
Isn’t this the basis of Ed Obanon’s lawsuit? Anyone think this is down low play by the ncaa to end the litigation without taking an L?

Nah, the NCAA is all about control.

They'll make sure this bill doesnt pass I'm sure. They have too much money riding on it

Advertisement
Back