Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years with the exception of LSU, where he left for a lateral position.

Fans at most of the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a great recruiter at this stage of his career.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

We’ll see how things shake out, but on the surface, this is a disappointing hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.
Well you would know someone that sucks

Wow wtf everyone, first off welcome to the U coach Steele....

Everyone is complaining why? We finally have a real d coordinator with a dline coach...

What everyone should be mad that after reading 27 pages no booty pics from..... @PIPO and @djnellz ..... come on let's goooooo

Let's fckin celebrate gentleman...he may not be our number one choice but a great back up.
Like Mario - taking my time!

How many “PIPO’s” on a scale of 1-10?

Not for work or around wives, kids, etc, those few of you that b*tch!!

@Baba Yaga @djnellz @WaterburyCane

1643774426921.gif

1643774583162.gif

1643774834976.gif

1643774874486.gif

1643774934868.gif

1643776217472.gif

1643776535972.gif

1643774984270.gif

1643775024701.gif

1643775104539.gif

1643775160003.gif

1643775217685.gif

1643775255709.gif

1643776856504.gif

1643775285909.gif

1643775361740.gif

1643777178125.gif

1643775471780.gif

1643775887725.gif

1643776054049.jpeg

1643777018264.gif

Advertisement
So hes getting paid not to coach, yet he took a coaching job, then took another coaching job 4 days later. Makes sense.

Because he sat out 1 year...He was hired for Tennessee, and then Pruitt fired a week later for violations

Lot of guys sit out a year here or there...And again he was hired in January

Heaped simply decided another route

Miami fans are pretty funny. Last year we didn’t even have a defensive coordination and it showed on the field. The year before we had Blake baker. Now we have a legit guy who has consistently fielded top defenses. A professional coach not some experiment or g5 guy we hope can step up. I’m happy with this hire.
I love this hire! There are few "perfect" or elite candidates out there on the market right now so when you add that context this is an even better hire. I've said before that for our squad and what we are trying to do that the way I would go is to hire a super experienced graybeard type at DC. Reason being that you are depending on your DC to be the rock the foundation that you know will be there even when you have an off season on offense like Clemson had in 2021. Venebles kept them in practically every game. Yes they have talent but a guy like Venables is experienced, seasoned and will always have his defense ready. This is what I expect from a hire like Steele. We are going to or should have a very potent offense so we don't need to hold everyone to 10 points but you never know what can happen from year to year especially with injuries, early declaration for NFL, portal, you name it. Now on offense I don't mind having a young hotshot with cutting edge ideas and a bit of bravado. That's fine and it fits better with the nature of offense and the way it is trending these days. It seems like every year we see more guys like Zack Kittley and Zac Taylor and Willy Korn and on and on. Every year there is a young OC with a new twist on the spread offense.

Kevin Steele is an excellent hire. I'm excited about the idea of our defense being fundamentally sound and physical with great LB play while still being aggressive. I'm excited about a DC who knows how to design a blitz. I'm excited about a DC who knows what setting the edge means. I'm excited about a DC who knows what gap integrity means.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He ran that 3-1-7 against lsu and they didn’t know what to do. Clemson tried to run it in the first half but lsu had already seen it.
He’s creative AF.
Crazy i was just thinking of that game because the bengals adjusted to something similar to that vs the chiefs in the 2nd half. Dropped 8, play cover 1 with multiple robbers and bracket kelce and tyreek, with an aggressive spy.. made mahomes look like baker mayfield in the 2nd half

I love this hire! There are few "perfect" or elite candidates out there on the market right now so when you add that context this is an even better hire. I've said before that for our squad and what we are trying to do that the way I would go is to hire a super experienced graybeard type at DC. Reason being that you are depending on your DC to be the rock the foundation that you know will be there even when you have an off season on offense like Clemson had in 2021. Venebles kept them in practically every game. Yes they have talent but a guy like Venables is experienced, seasoned and will always have his defense ready. This is what I expect from a hire like Steele. We are going to or should have a very potent offense so we don't need to hold everyone to 10 points but you never know what can happen from year to year especially with injuries, early declaration for NFL, portal, you name it. Now on offense I don't mind having a young hotshot with cutting edge ideas and a bit of bravado. That's fine and it fits better with the nature of offense and the way it is trending these days. It seems like every year we see more guys like Zack Kittley and Zac Taylor and Willy Korn and on and on. Every year there is a young OC with a new twist on the spread offense.

Kevin Steele is an excellent hire and I for one am excited about the hire. I'm excited about the idea of our defense being fundamentally sound and physical with great LB play while still being aggressive. I'm excited about a DC who knows how to design a blitz. I'm excited about a DC who knows what setting the edge means. I'm excited about a DC who knows what gap integrity means.
...wait you want us to be able to tackle? lol nah not for me bro.

Welp so much for getting big time coordinators with that big budget…. What a ******* joke. Manny is a better DC than this bum
This "bum" has forgotten more about defense than Lispy ever knew. This bum went four straight years at Auburn with a top ten defense. He may not be Brett Venables but he is an experienced, very knowledgeable and highly respected DC who is great with LBs and always has physical and fundamentally sound defenses. Nothing personal but you are way off base on this. Is he perfect? Of course not! Yes he gave up 70 to WVU at one point. Yes he has been fired before. My reaction to that is that if you are in this game for as long as he has been, you are going to get humbled a few times and you are also going to inevitably be in a position where you will be fired. That's football. That's the coaching profession. That's life. You are going to fail at some point and you are going to fail more than once. If you objectively look at the entire body of Steele's work you have to come to the conclusion that he has had an excellent career. We are lucky to have him.

Advertisement
Back