Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Everyone has their own opinion and I can understand and appreciate that. That being said, all the Cane's fans on here complaining about Steele are the same ones salivating over the opportunity to discredit Mario as soon as he suffers his first loss..... If he effs up, I trust Mario will take care of it. If not, I trust Radakovich will do his job and take care of Mario. 😉

Advertisement
Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .
I get your post and I agree. The thing is there was some very fair and legit criticism/concern. The concern here is that when legitimate concern and/or criticism get put in the same folder as trashy ******* fans who are in their feelings then it's a slippery slope. You and @IndayArtHauz may have lumped me in there but if you did that it wouldn't bother me but it would worry me a bit in terms of the politicizing of any future concern or valid criticism. We are all fans and fanatics of this U. Most of us anyway. We have a new coach a new AD and a new start with money and the whole nine yards. There is certainly a ton to be thankful for. Having said that we also come here because we feel comfortable with expressing our opinions and offering praise or criticism. I hope we are able to continue doing that in the future.

Edit: I just want to be very clear that I have always loved and continue to love and appreciate @Cribby and everything you bring to the board. I've got no issue with you at all. Same with @IndayArtHauz I love that guy too. I get along with him very well and hope to continue to do so. The thing is that I like to speak my mind plainly and I'm not going to get on one side of an issue in order to kiss *** or get political brownie points. I don't care about any of that and never will. I'm very straightforward for the most part and I'm very comfortable being that way. I didn't write this post to offend anyone or to argue with or disrespect anyone. I'm just voicing an honest concern. GO CANES!

Last edited:
I don’t hate him. He’s not a Clint Hurtt-type disaster.

I was just pointing out that given the circumstances + the hype, he definitely comes off as underwhelming.

If he kills it, great.

If not, Mario will be searching for another DC in a year.
Who would you have been excited about?

Advertisement
I don’t hate him. He’s not a Clint Hurtt-type disaster.

I was just pointing out that given the circumstances + the hype, he definitely comes off as underwhelming.

If he kills it, great.

If not, Mario will be searching for another DC in a year.
Sit Down Reaction GIF by CBS

If I may...

Solid hire... Checks all the boxes we wanted in Schumann plus Has experience calling plays - which was a prerequisite among the mopes in CIS. And - he did it in the SEC and other big time programs.

Excellent Teacher - Aggressive Defenses - Terrific Recruiter.

Just because he hasn't been talk about ad nausea like Belk, Mason and Schumann ..... I can make a solid case that he's a BETTER choice and fit for Miami at DC.

JC

Advertisement
I get your post and I agree. The thing is there was some very fair and legit criticism/concern. The concern here is that when legitimate concern and/or criticism get put in the same folder as trashy ******* fans who are in their feelings then it's a slippery slope. You and @IndayArtHauz may have lumped me in there but if you did that it wouldn't bother me but it would worry me a bit in terms of the politicizing of any future concern or valid criticism. We are all fans and fanatics of this U. Most of us anyway. We have a new coach a new AD and a new start with money and the whole nine yards. There is certainly a ton to be thankful for. Having said that we also come here because we feel comfortable with expressing our opinions and offering praise or criticism. I hope we are able to continue doing that in the future.
The thing is, what is the wrong that Mario was doing? Slow in hiring his assistants? Who cares? Why would this even be an issue? You hired the guy then give him some slack and let him do his job. You worry about the results not the process. It is even too early to critique the process which IMO is not even our business. We should only care about the RESULTS. To start complaining, bringing negativity about "process" that none of our fans is qualified to judge is just irrational and counter productive.

Some of the trash is fun like the rando that says Steele is 64 as if it were a coherent thought.
The majority on this board have no idea that he runs 4 miles a day and they would be passed out after the first mile if they try to follow him. This guy is like a Navy Seal ready to kick someone's *** and the clueless mopes on this board will still be complaining.

best part of having mario is that we don't have to worry about the recruiting prowess of any position coach or coordinators. Steele can recruit, but more excited that Mario can focus solely on getting the best x's and o's and we can still have confidence we'll recruit an elite level where in the past we would throw names out there for people who could recruit at a top tier level with minimal coaching excellence on their resume

Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .

Not for nothing but if Napier had taken 8 weeks to hire a staff, you’d see similarly miserable cvnts on their message board acting a fool. Trust.

Advertisement
You are dealing with a twatwaffle with an agenda. Your facts will have no affect.
Shemar Stewart and the other Dlinemen we are recruiting - please disregard the mopers and babies on this site.

Steele is a great DC. His defenses have excelled against a number of very talented SEC teams Over the years. He will do a great job against the two most difficult teams on our schedule next year - A&M and Clemson. You guys don’t think he will be motivated to beat Dabo?

Remember that only 40% of this board thought Dorsey would be a good OC for the U yet he had multiple offers from NFL teams to be their OC.

The thing is, what is the wrong that Mario was doing? Slow in hiring his assistants? Who cares? Why would this even be an issue? You hired the guy then give him some slack and let him do his job. You worry about the results not the process. It is even too early to critique the process which IMO is not even our business. We should only care about the RESULTS. To start complaining, bringing negativity about "process" that none of our fans is qualified to judge is just irrational and counter productive.
Not arguing your point and I don't necessarily disagree but the thing is if someone on a message board wants to say that they think he is taking too long then so what? Now if they start calling him names then yes that sucks. The guy doesn't need to do anything "wrong" per se to get criticism. He is a very public figure and that's just part of the game. All I am saying is that this is a great message board and I get that there is a line that should not be crossed but let's not start stifling honest and legitimate criticism or concern. It's not that important. It just isn't.

I will add that I disagree with the whole it's not our business narrative. He is a public figure and we are fans. I love the guy but to sit here and think that nobody is going to notice that he took a long time to hire his staff is naive. It's not that not hiring his staff quickly is wrong it's just that fans are going to say something about it and that isn't necessarily a bad thing no matter how much you try to paint it that way. Now yes you are right that there should be a certain level of decorum and as long as that is adhered to then we should be free to point out anything we want. That's one of the great things about living in this country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back