Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
judging by the footballscoop, it sounds like steele was our first choice he was uncertain and then decided to do it

who knows maybe his family wanted to be up there instead at first and mario convinced him? he's got nothing to prove at his age and with his resume. Nobody knows, just enjoy the fact that we have a solid proven DC

Kevin_Steele.JPG
Kevin Steele

Advertisement
Feels like a total panic hire, retread hire day before National signing day, can’t spin it any other way.

Yep, can’t spin it any other way. No way to have another take on this hire, let alone a positive one. Literally impossible. Cannot be done. Not even in this thread by a lot of posters. Nope.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is an excellent hire. Steele is a defensive graybeard and that's what I wanted all along. Someone who knows college defense inside and out and won't be fooled by some stupid wrinkle or say something like " Uh they ran a completely different offense than what they showed on film duh". He's seen it all and he can adjust. Yeah yeah the 70 vs Wet ******. If you coach long enough your going to get your cheeks split a few times. That's the nature of the game. He brings fundamental soundness and physicality plus he knows where to line guys up and how to use his strengths. He is aggressive he is experienced, he is great with LBs. Quit yer *****in and welcome our new DC who is a **** good one at that.

Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .
Just wade through the trash Cribby. I scroll more than I read.

Dude make *** jokes and quit trolling , dude is super well respected and Auburn people loved his defenses. It’s obvious what you’ve been doing you miserable ****.

@nystateofmind its time to tap out on this one. We get it you don’t like him but a lot of football guru’s on here do including myself. Steele may have not been the #1 choice but he’s **** good and his track record speaks for itself. If we lucked into him then so be it. Mario hires the right guys and our coordinators will be getting offers left and right every year and we’ll be looking for new coaches constantly. That’s how you know your hiring the right people

AC7C1B15-826B-4641-807A-40FC1D617531.gif

Advertisement
Back