Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Need to hit the portal or see some massive jumps with the guys currently on the roster. Need to find a 320lb monster for the middle to free up our LB to run free.

Wasn't he the only coach Dabo fired in his 13 years at Clemson?
Steele is known for being a bit of an alpha male. He don’t always play nice with head coaches, which is one reason he’s moved around from place to place, so much. Not exactly for lacking performance. He can’t work for weak head coaches. Or coaches that he considers weak. He will be fine with Mario. I didn’t want him Anywhere near this program with Manny at the helm. Too young, gimmicky, inexperienced, and soft for Steele. He probably would’ve cucked Manny.

Advertisement
I swear if some you complaining and criticizing everything knew as much about running a football program as you THINK you do, you'd outcoach Jimmy, Saban and any other 10 coaches with your eyes closed and be making $15 million a year.

Last edited:
1643766908340.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely. Wasn't saying that trying to discredit him or say I don't want him. Again, I don't believe in that "he aint a fit" stuff because you are exactly right..at the end of the day winners are a fit anywhere. I just find it funny when I think about it, that's all. Just thinking out loud.
I 100% agree with this. Kids aren't dumb, they respect whoever is going to make them better.

Advertisement
Was this a name anyone had around here? I can’t scroll 1700 pages in that other thread, but fairly certain this was a full surprise hire, correct? And if so, all the OC names are most likely **** as well.

I don't understand the negativity on this hire. This guy has a long successful track record as a DC, and is tough as they come. After watching us get pushed around and intimidated by Bama, LSU and even Mich. St. and Wisky one of the first priorities should be toughness and this guy has it in spades. He's gone toe to toe with everyone in the SEC and beat them. Its a great hire. Was he Mario's first choice, no, but who cares we got another badass to toughen up and coach these guys. People seem down due to his age but for me it's a bonus he's not looking to promote himself to the next level and could be here for a few years. People on this board are idiots this is a great hire period.

Advertisement
Back