Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

All good. Some may ask why Maryland was his latest job, but possibly being 65 is not a good thing to many programs.

Besides, he’s been at Bama, LSU, Auburn, Clemson…he’s going back there? No. And maybe he took a year off by choice. He’s was one of highest paid DCs during his $EC days. He doesn’t need money. Hopefully a year off rejuvenated him and we get an elite DC for 2-3 seasons before he retires.

Happy.

Now, about that OC?

Advertisement

Attachments

• 9AA46C49-2D9F-4156-81B8-89F59456DDA7.gif
    9AA46C49-2D9F-4156-81B8-89F59456DDA7.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Lol. Really? I would argue a good Defense is more difficult to find than a good Offense these days.
Nah, you give an average coordinator good defensive players and he’ll have a solid unit (look at Manny’s defenses under Richt).

The wrong OC can make a talented offense look like crap if he’s not running the right system for the talent on hand.

Advertisement
This whole offseason has been former Bama guys stealing from each other. Saban takes T Rob from Mario. Kirby takes McClendon. Mario takes Steele from Locksley. Mario takes Smith from Lane. Unreal.
Bama doesn’t believe in fairness or integrity, they’d sacrifice newborn babies if it meant them winning...

Their culture has been permeated throughout college football since Saban became the dictator of the NCAA.

Bama has essentially ruined college football at every level.

Advertisement
Not impressed. Dude is turning 64 in March.
I turned 64 in November and your Mom is still very impressed. Older guys can't coach? Nick Saban would like to have a word with you. Marv Levy was in his 60's those 4 years he went to the Super Bowl. Tom Coughlin won both of his Super Bowls in his 60's.....some guys are still head coaches in the NFL into their 70's; Bruce Arians and Romeo Crennel come to mind. You ain't gonna find a young guy with this guys SEC experience around.

I was in Atlantic City in about 2010 at a club. A hot girl approaches me, and tells me she wants to go back to me room. I had a gf at the time, so I told her no. She says she doesn’t care, she just wants to have a good time. I resist. She takes my phone & stores her name in there - “Ashvegas”.

I later found out that my gf at the time was cheating on me. I never heard from ashvegas again. (I did try to text her out of the blue once like 2 years later, but no reply.) I learned an important lesson that day.

If you are that ashvegas, DM me. If ashvegas is your wife - congrats, she is hot.

No opinion on the Steele hire til I dig more. Happy we finally have a name.
The story was true, but I got the name wrong lol

1643765058745.png

Advertisement
So you’re seriously are going to try and make the argument that Anthony Campinale and Doug Belk are better DCs than Kevin ******* Steele? You’re going with that on record?
Belk may have a higher ceiling moving forward as he's on an upward trajectory while Steele is on the last stretch of his career. But Belk is also a much bigger gamble due to his relative inexperience. Steele is a great, experienced hire.

Advertisement
Nah, you give an average coordinator good defensive players and he’ll have a solid unit (look at Manny’s defenses under Richt).

The wrong OC can make a talented offense look like crap if he’s not running the right system for the talent on hand.
Fair points on Offense but disagree on Defense. Díaz example is an exception, not rule.

Advertisement
Back