Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
I don’t know why people are upset about this hire. Dude had a top 10 d 4 times playing in the sec. 64 is not to old to be impactful if you’re taking care of yourself. Eat Adrenochrome with Satan Elitists Example A -Nick Satan bama hc

Edit: Steele was a Broyles Award finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2019 as the top assistant coach in college football. He moved to Tennessee briefly between the coaching changes at Auburn after Gus Malzahn was fired, and before Josh Heupel was hired at Tennessee.
Pretty sure he was paid a lot of money to not coach last yesr

I have the highest regard for OGH ( & he knows it) but the Clemson "thing" might be a bit more than meets the eye. We know Dabo is tuff to get along with ( vis a vis Napier "firing") and there's a lot of stuff about Steele and Dabo not getting along like this:
View attachment 175688
There's also several different (less negative) takes on what happened at both LSU and Auburn. So I hope OGH and others are wrong this time. And yeah 70 points for WV doesnt feel good, but at least it was a decade ago, maybe he learned from it, lol.
I hope I am wrong too and I appreciate you elaborating on what was also going on at the time. I can always rely on you to do some deep digging on any topic. Thanks for the kind words brother and you know the feeling is mutual!

Advertisement
Huh, feels like I thought I would when I heard mention os C. Skrong....
I was in Atlantic City in about 2010 at a club. A hot girl approaches me, and tells me she wants to go back to me room. I had a gf at the time, so I told her no. She says she doesn’t care, she just wants to have a good time. I resist. She takes my phone & stores her name in there - “Ashvegas”.

I later found out that my gf at the time was cheating on me. I never heard from ashvegas again. (I did try to text her out of the blue once like 2 years later, but no reply.) I learned an important lesson that day.

If you are that ashvegas, DM me. If ashvegas is your wife - congrats, she is hot.

No opinion on the Steele hire til I dig more. Happy we finally have a name.

You can't argue the numbers or the recruiting results.

If you have concerns because of his age. Okay. If you have concerns because of the cultural fit. Okay.

The numbers are downright elite though. Plain and simple.
Generally, I think the cultural fit and age can be blown out of proportion at times. Brian Kelly is from the New England area and is now the coach at LSU, Saban is 70 and grew up in WV and is still going strong. Bottom line, if you can adapt to current times, recruit, and coach you can be successful. Solid hire IMO

Advertisement
If you can show me where I said that then you go ahead.

I’m not sure what’s to misinterpret here... Kevin Steele was hired by Maryland 4 days ago & then he got hired today, if he was the first choice then he would’ve been hired a long time ago.
Was he really hired or was it reported by media he was projected to get job?

Pretty happy with the hire, the defense needs a experienced coach with a good track record and they got it. He constantly fields above average defenses which are fine in the acc as they are not really facing high scoring teams. The OC hire is what I’m more worried about we need a innovative Oc who can Scheme up points. As long as the defense does its job and holds teams to low 20s mid 20s in terms of points we will win most of the games with the offense. I give this a B+ hire.

Advertisement
The oregon board has been talking for months about how Moorehead was not happy having to work under Mario. The coaching world is a small world, so I would not be surprised if elite coordinators didn't want to work under him.
Mario thought Moorehead was a ***** and treated him as such after he missed that game cause he was "sick" non-covid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back