Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Please tell me he runs delayed safety blitzes, James Williams is going to eat this year! I can see him and Kitchens hit 10 sacks each.
so you're saying that you expect both of our starting safeties to get more sacks than any safety probably in the history of college football? Both of them?

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Advertisement
I’m gonna defer to the deep football guys on this one. I thought we’d get someone else but🤷🏿‍♂️. Being hard-nosed is cool but what’s his relatability to this younger generation of recruits? If he can recruit and coach LB’s at at high level then we’re good. Just gonna wait and see on this one.

I still would've preferred Schumman. That 3-4 Tite multiple front... jeez.... But I can get behind this hire. He was 3rd on my list. It's like Kiffin vs Mario.

But dude can coach, so I'm good with this. Let's be elite.
Now my question is are we pairing him with a co-DC?

Ans Is Whipple still in play? Yall tripping if yall don't want Whipple.

Advertisement
As I've learned here over the last year or so, there are a couple of guys on here other than myself that have some type of affiliation with Auburn and keep up with Auburn football. I will be absolutely shocked if any of those posters are anything less than ecstatic regarding the hire. **** venture over to the Auburn board and get their opinion. I broke my promise from my last post, but I promise this is the last time. Some of you have no idea.

Prove me wrong...

Advertisement
Everybody should be happy with this. He’s a good football coach. Nobody is reinventing the wheel coaching defense. He will have his unit prepared, be sound and motivated, and has the experience to go to plan B if plan A isn’t working in a game.

That’s what we need here. Good coaches coaching sound football under high level leadership. Wish we could have done this 2 weeks ago but whatever. We have professionals in charge now.

The reaction to Steel shows 2 things that are true about cis.

1. A lot of posters in here really don’t know football. And this is coming from someone who never played and doesn’t know much about football.

2. I’ll go out on a limb and say that at least 15% of you mfers are rival fans with no life and hate the fact that we hit a home run.

Save the receipts if you want to and I’ll gladly eat crow.

Advertisement
I watched about 15 minutes of the first quarter (real time) and was left hoping nobody on that Ohio team was going to die. It’s not just that IMG is a loaded program with national recruits, it’s also that Bishop Sycamore is trash. They looked like a middle school team. They would get rolled by pretty much any public school team in Dade or Broward. They lied about their program just so ESPN would nationally broadcast them getting sodomized. It could have been 80-0 if IMG didn’t take it easy. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that some BS “charter school” made up a bunch of lies and intentionally put their players in danger to try to c

This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years with the exception of LSU, where he left for a lateral position.

Fans at most of the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a great recruiter at this stage of his career.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

We’ll see how things shake out, but on the surface, this is a disappointing hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.

This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years with the exception of LSU, where he left for a lateral position.
Come on man we all know only like kind gets recycled. You know The Clint Hurtt's and Winston Moss's don't have the aptitude and experience to handle coaching against college coaches. That pro experience and success at that level doesn't make them qualified. You can easily tell by their complexion silly.

Advertisement
For those complaining about him being old, I remember the last old DC we had was **** good ( Bill Young ). I agree Steele wasn't Plan A, but he is a solid hire. Huge upgrade over the bum we had as DC last year. Not worried about him not being able to recruit, Mario does more recruiting himself than 5 position coaches.
Just went to look Bill Young up because I couldn't remember what year he was at Miami (2008 btw) and saw he passed away last March...wild. only 3 years after retiring

I think we all know exactly what happened even if most don't want to admit it.

Mario knows he needed absolute elite coordinators to mask his game day coaching deficiencies. He went after the best of the best struck out time after time and now he has to scramble to get anyone he can to fill the positions before practice starts.
Is that yu mario? Cuz yu speaking for him/yu!!

No, I was wondering if he was the only coach Dabo had ever fired. I know Dabo did fire him, but I wasn't sure if any other coach was fired under Dabo when he was HC at Clemson, since Dabo is known for not having fired very many coaches.
I have the highest regard for OGH ( & he knows it) but the Clemson "thing" might be a bit more than meets the eye. We know Dabo is tuff to get along with ( vis a vis Napier "firing") and there's a lot of stuff about Steele and Dabo not getting along like this:
1643763103918.png

Some of the reports/analysis suggest Steele was NOT fired but Dabo wanted Venables (and was tired of Steele) so it was a mutual parting of the ways.

There's also several different (less negative) takes on what happened at both LSU and Auburn. So I hope OGH and others are wrong this time. And yeah 70 points for WV doesnt feel good, but at least it was a decade ago, maybe he learned from it, lol.

Advertisement
Back