Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

As I've learned here over the last year or so, there are a couple of guys on here other than myself that have some type of affiliation with Auburn and keep up with Auburn football. I will be absolutely shocked if any of those posters are anything less than ecstatic regarding the hire. **** venture over to the Auburn board and get their opinion. I broke my promise from my last post, but I promise this is the last time. Some of you have no idea.

Advertisement
For those complaining about him being old, I remember the last old DC we had was **** good ( Bill Young ). I agree Steele wasn't Plan A, but he is a solid hire. Huge upgrade over the bum we had as DC last year. Not worried about him not being able to recruit, Mario does more recruiting himself than 5 position coaches.

Please tell me he runs delayed safety blitzes, James Williams is going to eat this year! I can see him and Kitchens hit 10 sacks each.

Advertisement
For those complaining about him being old, I remember the last old DC we had was **** good ( Bill Young ). I agree Steele wasn't Plan A, but he is a solid hire. Huge upgrade over the bum we had as DC last year. Not worried about him not being able to recruit, Mario does more recruiting himself than 5 position coaches.
nick saban is 70.

63 year old steele will be just fine for 2-3 years as he helps mario turn this around

Steele's defense is the definition of multiple. The man runs everything in the book. He's one of the few coaches that actually adjusts his gameplan to the opposing team rather than "run his system".
He ran that 3-1-7 against lsu and they didn’t know what to do. Clemson tried to run it in the first half but lsu had already seen it.
He’s creative AF.

No clue to be honest I don’t even know that you could say he’s a better recruiter anyway

I like Belk a lot but Steele brings instant credibility to the program
None of us know **** and we’ll all be happy because we never learn.

If true, then it was all fun and games for Stewart. Any logical human being would choose The U.
"Fun and games"

Animated GIF

Advertisement
All of us must have done something really wrong and Karma came back to get us in the form of CIS subscriptions or free. I have been on this **** for years and I know it is bad for me bc of all the toxic **** yet I still do it. Cribby actually had the most insightful post I have read from him ever. Our fans are freaking awful- not sure if that is everywhere. As a Hoya I can tell you the fans are far better even though we have sucked since to early 90's save for the Iverson days. But back to this. This needs some serious maude intervention. Even with the great momentum we have we still find **** to complain about.

"Fun and games"

Animated GIF
exactly its who gonna be outbid . his last words is they neck to neck and really they not cuz ruiz just opened a new bussiness so he cant pay too much word is he offered 100k and then you gotta add all the other boosters to that price and still texas AM is over 500k some say to 1 million

Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years with the exception of LSU, where he left for a lateral position.

Fans at most of the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a great recruiter at this stage of his career.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

We’ll see how things shake out, but on the surface, this is a disappointing hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.
Funny, Nick Saban speaks highly of Kevin Steele and advised him not to go to Tennessee because it was a disaster. As for being 63, you do realize Nick Saban is 70 and seems to be doing quite well and Bellicik will be 70 in April. Steele is a good hire and a good coach.

Advertisement
Back