Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

0EC25CF7-E6D9-43B8-BD76-8B48855E95CE.jpeg

Advertisement
Welp so much for getting big time coordinators with that big budget…. What a ******* joke. Manny is a better DC than this bum
You really said (stole this... and) that the NASCAR Manny 500 is better than Steele?

I mean, Steele ain't Belk and he **** sure wasn't my first choice.... but bruh you waaaaaaay outta pocket, bol

Advertisement
NSIAP
I'm sure someone says that he has been fired from all of his previous stops, well that is false. Aside from the AU deal that was far too toxic for him to stick around for. He wasn't fired from LSU either. Don't believe me? Read this

This place is hilarious! Always love the LAFFS!!!

It's about the Jimmy's and the Joe's and less about the X's and O's when it comes to college football. Always has and will. Why Saban and many others came crawling back. Only the best of the best coach/scheme in the Big League. College, just play the game illegally and recruit.

As for the some of the posters, specifically some with a handle from Nuuuuu Yoooooooork, get a life. You're so off.. find a different team to follow.

Advertisement
Posted a message in the other thread that I’ll repeat again in here but I’ll just add that I hope we can pair him with some youth. Steele is getting up there, a younger wiz to help a little bit more with the modern side of the game offensively would go a long way.

After having been around Steele for a couple of years and being one of the biggest preachers of coaches being/not being a “fit” is a load of crap, I’m chuckling at the idea of Steele in Miami. That man is deep south to the core, just picturing him in Coral Gables is hilarious.

With that being said as far as purely coaching. Grade A hire, B+ at worst. He checks a ton of boxes, and is a vet disciplinarian type that we need on that side of the ball. Not to mention he is a very, very good LB coach. I was team Belk/Schumann but we could have done much worse and this is a “good” hire at the end of the day. This is in the ball park of the type of hires I expect us to make with this budget. Now let’s get this sh*t on the road.
What was Howard or Jimmy or Butch? Although Dillon, South Carolina is definitely small town. I'll take experience and what he did at Auburn was impressive.

Advertisement
I was never sold on Belk. I’m glad that never came to fruition. Steele will be here shorter and maybe that opens up for someone like Schumann later down the road.

If I recall, Schumann was the top option but he was not ready for the move this year. We’ll see in maybe a year or two.

You really said (stole this... and) that the NASCAR Manny 500 is better than Steele?

I mean, Steele ain't Belk and he **** sure wasn't my first choice.... but bruh you waaaaaaay outta pocket, bol
The uneducated football people have exposed themsleves , just ignore it man, The same dummies said " Dorsey never called plays and we only want him because he's a Cane. I said all along we'd be lucky to have him or Whipple.

Advertisement
NSIAP
I'm sure someone says that he has been fired from all of his previous stops, well that is false. Aside from the AU deal that was far too toxic for him to stick around for. He wasn't fired from LSU either. Don't believe me? Read this

yep only at clemson was he replaced with vennables btu working for dabo CAN'T be easy and Saban Demoted him 1 year after hiring him after Saban's first year and kirby smart replaced him but we know how it is with saban as well and he likes to run his defense a certain way. both of those are questionable moves but both made by the two best HC's in the country that build dynasty's and hard to hold steele too responsible for either one

Cole Cubelic, former Auburn lineman, said on his radio show in Birmingham on Monday that Steele was possibly taking the Miami job. Cole is connected with all things Auburn and Steele and probably got word that Steele took the job on Friday. I know Cole personally and he told me everybody assumed Steele was gonna be the head coach at Auburn. The AD flipped he script at the last second. Players and Boosters loved him down there. I think it’s a home run hire.

Advertisement
Back