Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
We certainly could have done far worse. I like having an experienced DC, a lot. I get it, people want the newest, latest, greatest, shiny toy in the box. At the end of the day, they end up playing more with the box itself. Steele is the box. He might not be what everyone wanted, but he's what we're all going to enjoy having around.

Now, let's get an OC that can put some points on the board and we're good to go.
This is basically Cristobal stopping the bleeding with a high quality bandage.

It's obviously not his first (or probably second) choice guy, but he's exactly the calibre of Coordinator we need considering Cristobal's history of questionable game day management.

Terps Tears anyone?

81E12A55-E316-49B6-A7B3-7C4A4F4E634C.jpeg

B555A0ED-0A55-46FD-9A15-8F886CAB0C67.jpeg

7040CD5E-DFE8-48EF-AD27-C6F6CEB86A07.jpeg

EE57898A-6DAF-4CE8-952C-17073EB6F58C.jpeg

Advertisement
carolina huddle?

I gave up on there after they fired brady. I knew better where it was heading lmao
The Huddle is the worst culprit. CSR isn't much better - but their fans are a little less vicious.

The Huddle is a circle jerk of hate towards Rhule, Tepper, Fitterer and Darnold and a circle jerk of love towards anything Newton does. It's insufferable.

Love this hire! News flash for the mopes. There’s no such thing as a perfect coach. Every OC/DC in every level of football will have games where they get outcoached. That’s the nature of the game. Some of you guys want a DC that’s never given up more then 10 pts in any game ever. Good luck with that.

Advertisement
I legit can't believe that there are actually people on here who think that this dude sucks at his job. It has to be trolling. Most of his defenses at Auburn were borderline elite and he actually knows how to coach LBs at a high level, unlike Manny. He will IMMEDIATELY be an upgrade on that side of the ball and is more respected than the vast majority of his peers. Y'all are incredible lol.

Holy ******* elite. I mean just downright nasty defenses. Auburn's defensive ratings according to f+

2016: 9th
2017: 3rd
2018: 8th
2019: 4th
2020: 51st

4/5 years with a top 10 defense. That's ******* insane. Insane.
I don’t know why people are upset about this hire. Dude had a top 10 d 4 times playing in the sec. 64 is not to old to be impactful if you’re taking care of yourself. Eat Adrenochrome with Satan Elitists Example A -Nick Satan bama hc

Edit: Steele was a Broyles Award finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2019 as the top assistant coach in college football. He moved to Tennessee briefly between the coaching changes at Auburn after Gus Malzahn was fired, and before Josh Heupel was hired at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .
Can't please em. Same experts who said Dorsey wasn't qualified.

Advertisement
This is basically Cristobal stopping the bleeding with a high quality bandage.

It's obviously not his first (or probably second) choice guy, but he's exactly the calibre of Coordinator we need considering Cristobal's history of questionable game day management.
This is a very, very solid hire. If we had Steele last year, we win the Coastal easily. He's a massive upgrade over Diaz. Maybe not who everyone wanted, but I think we'll be happy with the results, and that's all that matters.

Advertisement
Back