Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .

Thank you, brother. Say it louder for the trolls and mopes in the back.

Advertisement
Advertisement

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Couldn't agree with you more..Been that way since the grassy days..I have to question if any of these idiots watch football..Steele is an A+ hire..Has coached some elite defenses in the SEC..I don't give a **** about his age..

Advertisement

To put it in perspective, I can't even post on the Carolina Panthers boards these days. That fan base is toxic beyond belief.

There are a few bad apples on here, but it's mostly a good time. Especially if you use the Ignore function.

LOL. Young, up and coming names get floated and it's "that's all we get with this budget?"

Now, we literally hire a f'ing savage that's spent his career at the highest levels of CFB, the top of the SEC food chain (Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc), Clemson, and did so well at Auburn, who basically plays half their schedule against teams they have a recruiting disadvantage at, that they wanted to push out the coach and make him HC.

But right, you want the Houston guy with no P5 experience for your money lol.

Steele has been interim HC at two SEC programs because he was that respected.

He also coached LB's in the NFL for three years.

This is the blue chip type coordinator we've all been pining for. This guy has been there and done that. He knows more about what it takes to beat the Bama's and TAMU's of the world than most coaches can even comprehend.

Come on, Mopes! This is NOT your time!!!!
We certainly could have done far worse. I like having an experienced DC, a lot. I get it, people want the newest, latest, greatest, shiny toy in the box. At the end of the day, they end up playing more with the box itself. Steele is the box. He might not be what everyone wanted, but he's what we're all going to enjoy having around.

Now, let's get an OC that can put some points on the board and we're good to go.

Advertisement
He may have been talking to Steele for weeks but I don’t see why Steele would take the Maryland job if he was still in the running for the Miami gig.
because coaches know that nowadays getting hired for one job doesn't preclude you from being offered another job even if you've been on the first job for five days. this stuff happens all the time now. if you think Steele's thinking was "if I take the Maryland job I won't get offered the Miami job" and not "if I take the Maryland job and get offered the Miami job I'll just immediately leave" you're being extremely dense

Advertisement
To put it in perspective, I can't even post on the Carolina Panthers boards these days. That fan base is toxic beyond belief.

There are a few bad apples on here, but it's mostly a good time. Especially if you use the Ignore function.
carolina huddle?

I gave up on there after they fired brady. I knew better where it was heading lmao

Advertisement
Back