Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Will he also be the LBs coach?
I Hope So Breakfast Club GIF

Advertisement
Wow. Cis is questioning Steele? I’m shocked actually. I thought this place would be jumping with joy. Monster hire imo. Elite defenses at big time stops. Need some ace recruiters on defensive staff but I think Steele retires here
No, why get the guy who was DC of LSU and Auburn and had multiple top 10 defenses when we can get Belk who had 40-80 ranked defenses?

I don't believe for one second that mario would take schumann over steele. Maybe the timing was weird and Steele considered taking another year off but if both were on the table, it's a no brainer

This is misleading.

He took over for Will Muschamp and his early success came with guys Muschamp either recruited or was in the process of recruiting.

As you saw, once he had to use all of his own guys in 2020, he fell off a cliff and was promptly fired.

Shades of Diaz in that regard.
So he does well with talent? You don’t think that means he’ll be good with Mario’s recruiting? Not like we need him to do heavy lifting terms of recruiting.

Advertisement
So you’re seriously are going to try and make the argument that Anthony Campinale and Doug Belk are better DCs than Kevin ******* Steele? You’re going with that on record?

Have those 2 been demoted/fired from Bama and Clemson?

Advertisement
I don’t think he was Plan B either. Plan B could have been had a month ago. Seems like Schumann was in play. Then seemed like Belk was in play. Steele was going to Maryland and it feels like a late scramble. If Steele was one of the 10 interviewed early on he probably got tired of waiting and decided to move on our at least put the pressure to decide but no way in **** do I believe he was on the top of the list.

I used to think highly of Steele. I havent paid attention to him the last few so I don’t know what he’s up to anymore.
Nobody knows who was in play and who was offered

Advertisement
Yes, Flores just got fired as an NFL head coach in Miami and was gunning for the New York Giants head coaching gig—but he’ll gladly stay in Miami to coach up the local college program’s defense.

Brilliant career trajectory call.
I think he's set fire to his NFL career at this point.

Advertisement
Back