Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
He’s had success with smaller LBs too right? Might pay dividends for some of the current guys.

This is a solid hire. People acting like we brought in D'Onofrio are ******* retarded.

Animated GIF

Advertisement
Yes, Flores just got fired as an NFL head coach in Miami and was gunning for the New York Giants head coaching gig—but he’ll gladly stay in Miami to coach up the local college program’s defense.

Brilliant career trajectory call.
The point being it’d be hard to get a NFL job with an open lawsuit against all 32 teams…

Advertisement
We needed to bring in Alonzo highsmith as a consultant to help Mario with his hires, because we should’ve been able to do better than Steele, after two months

Advertisement
This is also misleading because Muschamp was there for one season and a lunch break before going to USCe. Which mean one recruiting class was Muschamp kids(12-13 kids)

Not only that, but I could understand the "Year 1" argument (all the players are Muschamp's or earlier)...but Year 2...and Year 3...and Year 4? At some point, those are Steele's players, recruited and/or developed.

Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .
Cribby it’s unreal man. Like everyone needs to just take a Xanax and let the man work. We haven’t played a down and everyone is all up in their **** feelings over nothing.

Advertisement
Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .
This fan base is terrible will turn their back on you with the drop of hat. Remember dudes was ****ting on duke fúckin Johnson of all people and was ready for him to leave smh

If you’re saying it was probably a plan B hire then what’s your issue?

I didn’t say it was a bad hire, I didn’t say anything bad about it at all, I stated the obvious, so what’s the problem?
I don’t think he was Plan B either. Plan B could have been had a month ago. Seems like Schumann was in play. Then seemed like Belk was in play. Steele was going to Maryland and it feels like a late scramble. If Steele was one of the 10 interviewed early on he probably got tired of waiting and decided to move on our at least put the pressure to decide but no way in **** do I believe he was on the top of the list.

I used to think highly of Steele. I havent paid attention to him the last few so I don’t know what he’s up to anymore.

Welp so much for getting big time coordinators with that big budget…. What a ******* joke. Manny is a better DC than this bum

LOL. Young, up and coming names get floated and it's "that's all we get with this budget?"

Now, we literally hire a f'ing savage that's spent his career at the highest levels of CFB, made $2.5M/year @ AUB, the top of the SEC food chain (Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc), Clemson, and did so well at Auburn, who basically plays half their schedule against teams they have a recruiting disadvantage at, that they wanted to push out the coach and make him HC.

But right, you want the Houston guy with no P5 experience for your money lol.

Steele has been interim HC at two SEC programs because he was that respected.

He also coached LB's in the NFL for three years.

This is the blue chip type coordinator we've all been pining for. This guy has been there and done that. He knows more about what it takes to beat the Bama's and TAMU's of the world than most coaches can even comprehend.

Come on, Mopes! This is NOT your time!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back