Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Once again, he’s been on the market for two years.

Can either of you explain why was Maryland his best job offer?
I have no idea, man. I'm just telling you that your characterization of what happened with him at Auburn is wrong. I'm no expert on Kevin Steele as a coach, I just know what's going on in college football and know that what you were posting about him and Auburn was incorrect. so I corrected the record on that.

If you can show me where I said that then you go ahead.

I’m not sure what’s to misinterpret here... Kevin Steele was hired by Maryland 4 days ago & then he got hired today, if he was the first choice then he would’ve been hired a long time ago.
Who said he was the first choice either? You said it was a “at the 25th hour hire“ which goes again everything we’ve learned about Mario. Steele was probably Plan B to Belk because it was said we were running 4 man fronts but its far from striking out multiple times.

Advertisement
Steele's defense is the definition of multiple. The man runs everything in the book. He's one of the few coaches that actually adjusts his gameplan to the opposing team rather than "run his system".
This is spot on. We’ll never have to complain about the lack of adjustment. He’ll do his film work and more often than not scheme up something that frustrates the **** out of the offense.

Advertisement
Once again, he’s been on the market for two years.

Can either of you explain why was Maryland his best job offer?

You don’t know how to read a calendar?

Josh Heupel was hired January 27, 2021. Up until that point Steele was the interim HC at Tennessee.

Steele was being paid by both Auburn and Tennessee, why not chill the 2021 season

your characterization of what happened with him at Auburn is simply not correct.

boosters at Auburn ousted Malzahn in order to get Steele hired as HC, primarily because during Steele's entire tenure at Auburn the defensive was miles ahead of the offense. this was reported in an AL.com story:

In his fifth year as Auburn’s defensive coordinator, Steele had culled support from those influential boosters over the years and boosted his stock in their eyes through his unit’s strong performance on the field. He “badly wanted the job,” according to a source, and would quickly accept an offer.

The plan was set: Fire Malzahn on Sunday and announce Steele as the next head coach within 48 hours.

Steele was named interim coach but ultimately the boosters that wanted him as Auburn's HC lost a power battle with the AD, who wanted to conduct a national search and ended up hiring Harsin. it's all in the AL.com story I linked to.

to say he "could have been retained" at Auburn makes no sense. there was no way that Harsin was going to retain a guy who had potentially gotten the previous coach fired and had all the biggest boosters at the school trying to get him the HC job.

he was then hired at Tennessee, but Pruitt got fired shortly after due to NCAA violations. Steele was named interim coach there, and when they hired Heupel he wasn't retained. then he sat out for a year. the timeline is all there to read about if you have any interest in doing even a basic bit of research on this.
Even better, we got our very own Francisco Franco.

Advertisement
I'm kinda lukewarm to Steele but I think after years of the failed Diaz regime a guy like Steele will bring desperately needed discipline, fundamentals, and toughness to that side of the ball which are all sorely needed. Not sure if he can croot but right now the defense needs a strong teacher. For OC I hope Mario goes the younger, more innovative route but I think we gotta expect the unexpected at this point.

He could’ve been retained. He wasn’t. And then he was out of work for a year.

When he returned, his best job offer (before Mario came begging) was Maryland.

If he was so good at Auburn, why weren’t the big programs beating down the door to hire him once he became available?

when the F are the mods going to sit on your neck? You are the most transparent wafer thin POS I've ever seen. Just stop, man. There has to be a better use of your time. Life is short.

Advertisement
Who said he was the first choice either? You said it was a “at the 25th hour hire“ which goes again everything we’ve learned about Mario. Steele was probably Plan B to Belk because it was said we were running 4 man fronts but its far from striking out multiple times.
If you’re saying it was probably a plan B hire then what’s your issue?

I didn’t say it was a bad hire, I didn’t say anything bad about it at all, I stated the obvious, so what’s the problem?

Dude make *** jokes and quit trolling , dude is super well respected and Auburn people loved his defenses. It’s obvious what you’ve been doing you miserable ****.
When he shoots, he doesn't miss. I see no lies here.

Silky gif.gif

Advertisement
Back