Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Considering its not official. If that were remotely true, you can’t fault him for trying. If its true, then it could be a stop gap considering his age. Its not glamorous but Im also not 💩🚽 on it like many here are. Smh
I never faulted him for trying. I would have loved to see him hire a grand slam DC/OC. There still is the chance he hires an elite OC. Hope he does.

Advertisement
I honestly think nobody knew anything and Steele secured a job so that he wouldn’t be left in the wind. Everything I‘ve been able to gather and learn about Mario is that he’s very meticulous. He didn’t just get up Monday and say “Ya know what? I’m hiring Kevin Steele“ out of nowhere.
He hasn’t been waiting for 2 months to hire Kevin Steele.

The other choices fell through & then Steele got hired, nothing wrong with that.

Guys name was never mentioned, not once, but keep on listening to the “insiders” like they’re gods.

Advertisement
This is misleading.

He took over for Will Muschamp and his early success came with guys Muschamp either recruited or was in the process of recruiting.

As you saw, once he had to use all of his own guys in 2020, he fell off a cliff and was promptly fired.

Shades of Diaz in that regard.
This is also misleading because Muschamp was there for one season and a lunch break before going to USCe. Which mean one recruiting class was Muschamp kids(12-13 kids)

Advertisement
Guys name was never mentioned, not once, but keep on listening to the “insiders” like they’re gods.

Probably because it was an 11th hour, desperation hire.

I don’t blame Cribby or Brooklyn.

They likely didn’t hear anything anything because there was nothing to hear, up until very recently.

He hasn’t been waiting for 2 months to hire Kevin Steele.

The other choices fell through & then Steele got hired, nothing wrong with that.
So you’re seriously are going to try and make the argument that Anthony Campinale and Doug Belk are better DCs than Kevin ******* Steele? You’re going with that on record?

Advertisement
I’m happy it’s finally over.

And yes Steele is a good hire, he’s old, so he’s not gonna be here for the long haul anyway.

But honestly I don’t really care about DC, the only hires that matter to me are OC & CB’s coach.
It sounds like it is going to be Frank Ponce. doubt he is Mario's 1st choice

So you’re seriously are going to try and make the argumen that Anthony Campinale and Doug Belk are better DCs than Kevin ******* Steele? You’re going with that on record?
If you can show me where I said that then you go ahead.

I’m not sure what’s to misinterpret here... Kevin Steele was hired by Maryland 4 days ago & then he got hired today, if he was the first choice then he would’ve been hired a long time ago.

Advertisement
Back