Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Experienced guy and I know he’s followed saban around some and coached some good defenses but has he been productive the last 5 years or so? Would prefer a younger guy who can recruit - like belk. Steele probably won’t be here longer than 1-2 years anyhow so why not get a guy who is a beast of a crooter?

He has been productive if you count 4 top 10 defenses in the last 6 years productive.

Advertisement
I’m happy it’s finally over.

And yes Steele is a good hire, he’s old, so he’s not gonna be here for the long haul anyway.

But honestly I don’t really care about DC, the only hires that matter to me are OC & CB’s coach.
It’s an offensive game for sure but having a tough physical defense would be fun again. I know all d’s give up 8,000 yards per game now but you know the defense is am talking about when you see it.

On the Cincinnati and the OC/DB hire.

Advertisement
This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years.

Fans at all the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a good recruiter at this stage of his career.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

On the surface, this would appear to be an awful hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.

troll GIF

He could’ve been retained. He wasn’t. And then he was out of work for a year.

When he returned, his best job offer (before Mario came begging) was Maryland.

If he was so good at Auburn, why weren’t the big programs beating down the door to hire him once he became available?
I dont recall you being this mopey before the ban. The maudes ruined you.

Advertisement
I think we all know exactly what happened even if most don't want to admit it.

Mario knows he needed absolute elite coordinators to mask his game day coaching deficiencies. He went after the best of the best struck out time after time and now he has to scramble to get anyone he can to fill the positions before practice starts.
Considering its not official. If that were remotely true, you can’t fault him for trying. If its true, then it could be a stop gap considering his age. Its not glamorous but Im also not 💩🚽 on it like many here are. Smh

It was a 25th hour hire, he was supposed to be going to Maryland just this last Friday lol.

Mario basically threw money on the table & asked him, “Miami or College Park?” Lol
I honestly think nobody knew anything and Steele secured a job so that he wouldn’t be left in the wind. Everything I‘ve been able to gather and learn about Mario is that he’s very meticulous. He didn’t just get up Monday and say “Ya know what? I’m hiring Kevin Steele“ out of nowhere.

Advertisement
I’d love it if we bring on a hot young defensive assistant for Steele to groom. I like what he will do for our mentality. Dude has crazy eyes.

Steel is a 43 under guy I think. Probably the best front to run if you want to be multiple. Get ready plenty more man-free.

Advertisement
Back