The Epitome of What’s Wrong…

Advertisement
Opposing NFL players talk to each other with smiles and hugs after games all the time. Games where they've given their all. I don't think there's a correlation between game effort and a willingness to be friendly after.
It’s different when it’s Senior Day and that’s the last time most of you teammates will ever play the game again. We’re comparing apples to oranges here.

I'd chalk it up as two people who know each other, have a friendship and past that'll last past college, you got me today, good on you, but we'll see you next year.

Fans get **** twisted all the time because I'm sorry, you haven't played in college. It doesn't matter the score, you've chatted up the game talking smack with some you know personally and some you don't all week. Game happens and like a man, you take your just due afterwards like a man. All the while, you talk about how you're getting next.

Advertisement
I could go on for pages about how poorly coached this team was all season, but what’s the point? We all get it. Mario has to make changes, and fast, or be doomed for the remainder of his tenure.

With that said, the culture of this team is broken — whether it’s Mario or someone else, the entire program needs to be blown up.

Case in point….after the game, our players (including guys like Restrepo….of all people) are posing and taking pictures with the very same Pitt players who were clowning us all game.

If I was a senior on this team and saw that nonsense, I’d beat the living **** out of my teammate. Think about how you would feel in the final moments of your career, getting blown out by a team like Pitt, one that’s been constantly disrespecting you all game, and your teammates think it’s a great idea to pull that ****? Embarrassing. Simply disgusting. No pride whatsoever.
💯 post. I saw that and it sickened me. You get your *** kicked and kid talks **** the whole game and you want to do a photo shoot with him. When you lose we need guys that it hurts so bad they need to cool down.

It’s different when it’s Senior Day and that’s the last time most of you teammates will ever play the game again. We’re comparing apples to oranges here.
I'm not sure I'm following the cause/effect you have in mind here. Wouldn't end of season make it more likely that you'd look beyond the game, lessen the intensity and be more open to talk and reflect?

Advertisement
I'm not sure I'm following the cause/effect you have in mind here. Wouldn't end of season make it more likely that you'd look beyond the game, lessen the intensity and be more open to talk and reflect?
Not in the immediate aftermath it wouldn’t.

The first thing I would do is go check in on one of my boys to see how they’re doing. Like I said, most of these guy’s careers are over. They are probably in an emotional state of mind and could use the support of their teammates.

Time and place for everything.

I cannot say that I share that opinion, @Genghis Cane. Taking picks with opposing players that you knew from high school or club ball is not anything to be concerned about. This is even more acceptable given that the season is over.

Yours concerns are definitely valid, but I find that example to be off the mark.
That’s fine. You’re entitled to believe that. But to me, it just encapsulates how broken this team is. It’s only one data point….but it gets us to the same conclusion.

Vinvent Davis #22 I know has played with Knighton and Couch and maybe a few other of our kids at the same part since they were like 9.

I know M Williams #14 is from Pompano as well. The jawing from the florida players werent really serious.....now with some of the other Pitt players is different.

That being said...this team is soft. I could never forget "Goated"...and i dont know anyone on the team that could win a fight or would even want to really be in one

Advertisement
Vinvent Davis #22 I know has played with Knighton and Couch and maybe a few other of our kids at the same part since they were like 9.

I know M Williams #14 is from Pompano as well. The jawing from the florida players werent really serious.....now with some of the other Pitt players is different.

That being said...this team is soft. I could never forget "Goated"...and i dont know anyone on the team that could win a fight or would even want to really be in one
Can you elaborate on this “goated” situation?

With that said, the culture of this team is broken — whether it’s Mario or someone else, the entire program needs to be blown up.
granny burn.gif

I don’t want to believe it, but a good friend of mine and also a die hard cane told me it’s over for Miami, like we will not see a championship caliber Miami team in our lifetime lol, I think that’s too far but I can say this myself I don’t see us being good for at least another 3-4 years

Advertisement
I can’t speak for everyone, but complete and total apathy set in for me a loooong time ago. I’ve been watching this crap for dang near 20 years now and the bottom line is...They don’t CARE. Miami used to have the reputation of the hardest working program in cfb and now we’ve become a country club where kids go to skate by and get clowned on every Saturday. We’ve been through 5 coaches, our beloved OB is gone, fans have lost faith, players could care less, etc. The last few years the realization has set in, for me, that this thing ain’t ever, and I mean ever, coming back. Sucks to say that, but it is what it is.

Advertisement
Back