The Epitome of What’s Wrong…

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I could go on for pages about how poorly coached this team was all season, but what’s the point? We all get it. Mario has to make changes, and fast, or be doomed for the remainder of his tenure.

With that said, the culture of this team is broken — whether it’s Mario or someone else, the entire program needs to be blown up.

Case in point….after the game, our players (including guys like Restrepo….of all people) are posing and taking pictures with the very same Pitt players who were clowning us all game.

If I was a senior on this team and saw that nonsense, I’d beat the living **** out of my teammate. Think about how you would feel in the final moments of your career, getting blown out by a team like Pitt, one that’s been constantly disrespecting you all game, and your teammates think it’s a great idea to pull that ****? Embarrassing. Simply disgusting. No pride whatsoever.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could go on for pages about how poorly coached this team was this season, but what’s the point? We all get it. Mario has to make changes, and fast, or be doomed for the remainder of his tenure.

With that said, the culture of this team is broken — whether it’s Mario or someone else, the entire program needs to be blown up.

Case in point….after the game, our players (including guys like Restrepo….of all people) are posing and taking pictures with the very same Pitt players who were clowning us all game.

If I was a senior on this team and saw that nonsense, I’d beat the living **** out of my teammate. Think about how you would feel in the final moments of your career, getting blown out by a team like Pitt, one that’s been constantly disrespecting you all game, and your teammates think it’s a great idea to pull that ****? Embarrassing. Simply disgusting. No pride whatsoever.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

I checked and kids (#14) from down here… they probably know each other and jawing to old friends

Was annoying though to watch… someone should have checked him

Advertisement
The Program is broken.

Not sure where to start.

It’s easy to say fire everyone and start over. But, that’s not realistic and we did that last year.

Hopefully, a new coordinator on offense and a few other coaches are shown the door. Maybe that will make a difference. However, there is some irreparable damage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Think about how you would feel in the final moments of your career, getting blown out by a team like Pitt, one that’s been constantly disrespecting you all game, and your teammates think it’s a great idea to pull that ****?

I'd be upset if the season wasn't over. If someone is angry that I want to talk with my old high school buddies on the other team as we go into the offseason, I'd tell them to grow the f#ck up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Program is broken.

Not sure where to start.

It’s easy to say fire everyone and start over. But, that’s not realistic and we did that last year.

Hopefully, a new coordinator on offense and hopefully a few other coaches are shown the door. Maybe that will make a difference. However, there is some irreparable damage.
Right on every point, except the last one. It not irreparable, but will Mario/AD & the powers that be, do the right thing?

I'd be upset if the season wasn't over. If someone is angry that I want to talk with my old high school buddies on the other team as we go into the offseason, I'd tell them to grow the f#ck up.
No disrespect to you, man, but we’re just different. Loyalty for my current teammates would supersede some old friendship I used to have in high school — time and place for everything. I’ll leave it at that.

This program was allready broke, that's why we brought in a new coach. This year has laid bare who are players and who are not. The fooundation of the program has been cracked for a long time. This year just exposed it. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the new build. A lot of players need never wear the orange and green again. I look forward to the changes and the opportunity to watch players who are giving 100%, never quit, and hate to lose as much as they love to win.

Advertisement
Back