The entire focus of this program needs to be on moving....

canesman

Junior
to a read option format and go fast fast fast.

Florida State and Bama have the most talent on defense in the nation by far.

Both teams get shredded consistently by the read option. That is with inferior offensive athletes to what we have.

Until we realize that pillars, processes and binders mean nothing.......we will continue on our current path.

Once we go the Ohio State, Oregon, Auburn route we will return to greatness.

Advertisement

Both teams get shredded consistently by the read option. That is with inferior offensive athletes to what we have.

Until we realize that pillars, processes and binders mean nothing.......we will continue on our current path.

In total agreement!
I think alot of our well-intentioned fans are living in the past.
We need to move on to the 21st-century.

Fast-paced offenses with read-option stuff with mobile QBs equally dept at passing and
running is the way to go....especially at a place like UM where we have so many great
local athletes nearby.

Could you imagine running that style of offense in the soFla heat?

No they won't.

It is impossible to game plan for this offense with the limited amount of coaching time allotted by the NCAA and the intelligence level of the average college football player.

Advertisement
The entire focus of the program should be about an offense, is this real life?

The entire focus of the program should be three things:

1. Hiring a competent and passionate athletic director and giving them total autonomy over the program,

2. The admin and trustees to have their hands off athletics, and

3. The admin and trustees properly funding our athletic department.

Focused on a stupid offense, who gives a chit? Our athletic department is broken and you're worried about fixing an offense. Marone'!

The defense wont catch up soon, its a huge mismatch if you have athletes on your team, now a days you win on offense, our offense this year was horrible in some games, having looked back we should have won a lot more games if we scored more points

Advertisement
our offense is decent when it's balls to the wall.

unfortunately, it's reduced to our QB looking at the sidelines to run the play clock to 3 before snapping.

I hope that next year, Kaaya would just call his own plays. Golden doesn't have the balls to send Kaaya's *** to the bench AND we don't have any replacement anyways.

FSU's defense was bad at everything this year, and Bama played in a conference that we now know has zero legitimacy.

I am not interested in changing our offense only looking forward to better coaching and execution

Look at what the patriots have done since 2007. That's what we should do. Adapt and give ******* head cracks.

Advertisement
Defenses will catch up to this Mickey Mouse **** soon enough.

Sure. Been hearing this since 1996, or even before that, when urban was in Utah. On myself said it was a garbage offense. I have since changed my mind. get right or get left.
Bottom line what Oregon , Boise, Ohio State, TCU, and even Baylor are doing is getting their athletes in space. But yeah I don't think that will ever work in South Florida.

Yeah, Bama and noles are crying with 4 of last 5 NCs. We merely need to return to old Canes defense with real coach who understands it and we will put this little fad to sleep AGAIN. Option is OLD college football not new. We killed it before and can kill it again.

Advertisement

In total agreement!
I think alot of our well-intentioned fans are living in the past.
We need to move on to the 21st-century.

Fast-paced offenses with read-option stuff with mobile QBs equally dept at passing and
running is the way to go....especially at a place like UM where we have so many great
local athletes nearby.

Could you imagine running that style of offense in the soFla heat?

JJ ran the option at OKS. Got here, looked at our athletes and said ****! I don't need to run that hookie crap no more. The old Cane defense is the answer to the read option -- I believe Ray said something about read option now being hard to defend before that last super bowl -- everyone tackle someone.

No they won't.

It is impossible to game plan for this offense with the limited amount of coaching time allotted by the NCAA and the intelligence level of the average college football player.

They could come out with a clock to allow a minimum time between plays, say 25 seconds.

We have a quarterback for the next 2 years who runs a 6 second 40.
IJS

Bama's QB recruit is a pocket guy coming in as an EE. They will still be a power team also. I think the spread/read option works when you have lots of speed and well what do you know we have tons of it except at QB but we cant do schit with it.

Advertisement
Back