The End

AmherstCane

Recruit
We spent 80 million on a mediocre to bad football coach who happens to be a great recruiter. But at some point you can’t out-recruit reality. Maybe he’s got one more year, but I have a hard time seeing this team stay together after tonight… and that will be hard to out-recruit.

I’m afraid we’ve crossed the rubicon. I’m not sure the school has the money or the will to fix this mistake.

Thank god for basketball. See y’all at the Watsco.

Advertisement
We spent 80 million on a mediocre to bad football coach who happens to be a great recruiter. But at some point you can’t out-recruit reality. Maybe he’s got one more year, but I have a hard time seeing this team stay together after tonight… and that will be hard to out-recruit.

I’m afraid we’ve crossed the rubicon. I’m not sure the school has the money or the will to fix this mistake.

Thank god for basketball. See y’all at the Watsco.
Lol, the school doesn't care about the program. They voluntarily threw away the best program in the country 20 years ago.

Lol, the school doesn't care about the program. They voluntarily threw away the best program in the country 20 years ago.

Nah I promise you the power players in this admin care about football. They just made the wrong move.

You don’t spend the kind of money they’ve been spending (not just on Mario, facilities, support staff, etc) and not care. They care. They just picked the wrong horse.

The gap between our coaches and UNC’s coaches was plain to see tonight. UNC is a powerhouse program right now and I don’t see us bridging that divide anytime soon. We have amateurs in charge that lack intelligence and experience. We are a decaying program.

The gap between our coaches and UNC’s coaches was plain to see tonight. UNC is a powerhouse program right now and I don’t see us bridging that divide anytime soon. We have amateurs in charge that lack intelligence and experience. We are a decaying program.
The gap is Drake Maye vs TVD.

We need to have the Mas Bros get us an elite QB. Only way to win.

Maye had a subpar game and still threw for 273 and 4 TDs and ran for at least 2 more 1st downs.

Advertisement
Maybe they can buy us some DTs while they’re at it.
Pretty sure we've been trying that with as much success as a one-legged man in *** kicking contest.

Elite QB cures all ... especially an elite athlete at QB.

#MalikMurphy me

Advertisement
Pretty sure we've been trying that with as much success as a one-legged man in *** kicking contest.

Elite QB cures all ... especially an elite athlete at QB.

#MalikMurphy me

Ya, but what elite QB is coming to play for Mario? He certainly NEEDS one, but I’m very skeptical we’re the choice when other bidders are offering good HCs to play under.

They just made the wrong move.

I remember reading there was a power struggle between two camps - a Pro Cristobal faction and a Pro Diaz faction that said to take all that extra money that was planned for Cristobal and give it to Diaz to hire a better staff. Folks forget that Ed Orgeron was making about as much as Diaz in 2019. Huge difference is that Ed O brought in the best DC in cfb at 2 mil plus. What would the team look like if Diaz had hired the best OCs and DCs in cfb (if he stayed, he'd have to have given up playcalling which I think he would have). I got nothing against Cristobal, but I didn't see anything special that was worth 8 million.

Great recruiter mattered prior to NIL.

Now it's show me the money, the draft picks, and wins.

You can be the greatest dude in the world, talk mad game, but it doesn't matter if you don't have those three things above. Want to be elite, gotta be elite at all three phases, then you get to good recruiter mattering.

Advertisement
What coaches are out there that would be considered home run hires? I have to wonder if there are any of those coaches still in the game.
lane kiffin fau football GIF

Happy New York Yankees GIF by YES Network

Ya, but what elite QB is coming to play for Mario? He certainly NEEDS one, but I’m very skeptical we’re the choice when other bidders are offering good HCs to play under.
Money. We have a good OL and above avg WRs.

That is why I said the Mas Bros need to step up for us.

Great recruiter mattered prior to NIL.

Now it's show me the money, the draft picks, and wins.

You can be the greatest dude in the world, talk mad game, but it doesn't matter if you don't have those three things above. Want to be elite, gotta be elite at all three phases, then you get to good recruiter mattering.
I guess the best bet is mario recruits his *** off the next couple years and leaves a stacked roster for the next coach who can hopefully coach them up better

Advertisement
If I ever walked away from Hurricane football, my guess is that I'd walk away from UM Basketball as well.

Keep in mind that Coach L is 147 years old. He likely wont be around much longer. If the baseball head coaching hire is indicative of AD Rad's head hunting prowess, then UM basketball is soon to be in a world of hurt.

I remember reading there was a power struggle between two camps - a Pro Cristobal faction and a Pro Diaz faction that said to take all that extra money that was planned for Cristobal and give it to Diaz to hire a better staff. Folks forget that Ed Orgeron was making about as much as Diaz in 2019. Huge difference is that Ed O brought in the best DC in cfb at 2 mil plus. What would the team look like if Diaz had hired the best OCs and DCs in cfb (if he stayed, he'd have to have given up playcalling which I think he would have). I got nothing against Cristobal, but I didn't see anything special that was worth 8 million.

I don’t think making a huge investment in the program with Diaz at the helm was ever a real option.

Blake James was fired because he was asked what he would do with a massive influx of resources and he basically didn’t have an answer. Once that happened the Cristobal/Zo train was in motion and wasn’t getting stopped.

Cristobal/Zo sounded like a great plan and the ones who knew that Cristobal wasn’t a true football guy mostly kept quiet because they didn’t want to burn bridges with the whales who were pushing that move.

Advertisement
Back