The dust has settled...UNC and the big picture

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Mario needs a win this weekend in the very biggest way. However, at the end of the day, "Scoreboard" is all that counts. What I mean is, even if we lose to UNC, but rally and win the rest, we'll be 10-2 and have the track record and success to finish with a top 10 recruiting class, setting us up for next year. And, I keep getting the feeling that with the stout QB class and his underperformance against GT, plus just a gut feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if TVD stay for one more year and we made a legit run for the playoffs.

Or...

Mario has lost the locker room because of an historically stupid decision and he is dead man walking (eventually).

I'm an optimist, so I'm still hoping for the 10-2 finish. Do that and when all of the ribbing and jokes subside, the program is headed in the right direction. We'll be fine and won't need a new HC. We'll see...

Advertisement
we NEED this WIN to help wash this stink off of us and get our minds back right..... we're all shook right now... was ROLLING big time, before blowing our big toe off.. Need to get back on track.

That’s not to mention the UNC Mack Brown monkey that’s been on our back for a while. We owe them. A 10+ point Miami win would really be fantastic

Plus I’ll be at the game

we NEED this WIN to help wash this stink off of us and get our minds back right..... we're all shook right now... was ROLLING big time, before blowing our big toe off.. Need to get back on track.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Perfectly and succinctly accurate.

Mario needs a win this weekend in the very biggest way. However, at the end of the day, "Scoreboard" is all that counts. What I mean is, even if we lose to UNC, but rally and win the rest, we'll be 10-2 and have the track record and success to finish with a top 10 recruiting class, setting us up for next year. And, I keep getting the feeling that with the stout QB class and his underperformance against GT, plus just a gut feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if TVD stay for one more year and we made a legit run for the playoffs.

Or...

Mario has lost the locker room because of an historically stupid decision and he is dead man walking (eventually).

I'm an optimist, so I'm still hoping for the 10-2 finish. Do that and when all of the ribbing and jokes subside, the program is headed in the right direction. We'll be fine and won't need a new HC. We'll see...

Dude, WTF are you talking about? The dust hasn’t settled! Are you kidding me?

Advertisement
Big picture, and I hate to even mention this this, but 9-3 would be considered overachieving by pretty much everybody in the country before the season began.

I'm still hoping for 11-1 because I believe we can still beat everybody left on our schedule.

But if we split the 4 "tough games" left, we're still going 9-3 and that's a big improvement over 5-7.

Dude, WTF are you talking about? The dust hasn’t settled! Are you kidding me?

You are right, because all of our mopey "fans" who have been waiting, dare I say hoping, for a loss or a failure of any sort, so they could come out and bash Mario and say I told you so, will never let the dust settle......what an awesome fan base we have.

Big picture, and I hate to even mention this this, but 9-3 would be considered overachieving by pretty much everybody in the country before the season began.

I'm still hoping for 11-1 because I believe we can still beat everybody left on our schedule.

But if we split the 4 "tough games" left, we're still going 9-3 and that's a big improvement over 5-7.
I have us going 8-4, which is very doable and I think would be considered a success. Beat UVA and BC and find 2 wins out of UNC, Clemson, NC State, FSU and Louisville. Wining the bowl game would give me 2016 vibes (also finished 9-4) and set us up for a big 2024.

Advertisement
Twenty years of the coulda, shoulda, woulda posts for 10 wins and when we did all a lot of mutton heads on here could do was ***** about Malik Rosier.
People *****ed about Rosier cause that team with a skilled QB would have been much more dangerous and competitive in the post season.

We all saw what happened in the ACCCG and Orange Bowl coming.

I think the only ones truly "shook" are a portion of our fanbase which may not be the most emotional stable group to begin with 😂

The team doesn't look that shook in all the pressers this week...and THEY are the ones who count.

'llI think the only ones truly "shook" are a portion of our fanbase which may not be the most emotional stable group to begin with 😂

The team doesn't look that shook in all the pressers this week...and THEY are the ones who count.
What continues to be lost in all this is the fact that aside from TOs the stat sheet in the GT game looked exactly like the other 4 blow outs.

It's like the naughty little secret the pundits don't want to acknowledge. Like haha Miami sucks but under their breath their like y'know GT got whooped all game except for two plays that shouldn't have even happened.

We kicked GTs *** up and down the field and just failed to score points which was an aberration not the norm for the season so far.

Clemson did the same thing against Duke and got blown out and has continued to struggle to score points.

At the moment that has not been a problem for us. If we score at will on UNC and keep the offense in check, I'll continue to be bullish on this squad and just chalk up GT as one of those games good teams usually win in spite of some flukity bull****. Which we did if Mario takes the **** knee or the ACC refs don't **** us over.

Advertisement
We’re basically a 5-0 team that was probably looking ahead. Let’s see this culture change thing and come out smokin.

2 losses and ACC is gone...... Every game is a must win as far as that goes...

That assumes we don't put up any more stinkers against the crap on the schedule (UVA, BC, etc)

Advertisement
People *****ed about Rosier cause that team with a skilled QB would have been much more dangerous and competitive in the post season.

We all saw what happened in the ACCCG and Orange Bowl coming.
Guess what? We only had knuckleheads in the QB room who couldn't stay eligible. He was told he'd never start and exceeded expectations - he did all he could but in a horrible culture with guys giving up, you're doing just what everybody else did- give the other guys dropping balls, being ineligible every other week a pass.

1697134815332.png

Advertisement
Back